Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't care for it at first... It was too dark and depressing for me, but it grew on me as the characters developed. I really enjoyed season 2, and miss the show now. I miss SG1 and SGA too.
    sigpic
    Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

This was one of the very best sci-fi shows ever, period!
      sigpic

Comment

What I like about it (having only seen about 11 episodes) is that its not like any other show. Usually the two main characters are either best of buddies and slapping each other on the back every 5 minutes. Or, they are cold towards each other and very clearly defined as opposites. I think Rush and Young are somewhere in between these two types.
        ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieAnn View Post
          What I like about it (having only seen about 11 episodes) is that its not like any other show. Usually the two main characters are either best of buddies and slapping each other on the back every 5 minutes. Or, they are cold towards each other and very clearly defined as opposites. I think Rush and Young are somewhere in between these two types.
          I agree with that. Must say looking back on the show now i at much more fond of it than i was when it was being shown initially.

Doing a re-watch on a well known on demand company, and its better than i remember. Though season 2 is still a marked improvement.
          Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
          Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I have never seen it til it came on Netflix last week. I thought I was past getting obsessed with shows, far too cynical these days, but Robert Carlyle is so brilliant and so are all the others.

Season 2 is BETTER? Crikey!

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieAnn View Post
              I have never seen it til it came on Netflix last week. I thought I was past getting obsessed with shows, far too cynical these days, but Robert Carlyle is so brilliant and so are all the others.

Season 2 is BETTER? Crikey!
              I too was surprised by how obsessed I became with SGU, I liked the way nothing was black and white and our Stargate heroes can be less than perfect.

Oh yes, season two has some great moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                I too was surprised by how obsessed I became with SGU, I liked the way nothing was black and white and our Stargate heroes can be less than perfect.

Oh yes, season two has some great moments.
                I love 'non black and white' stories. No human is totally well meaning or totally self interested, we're all a mixture of both aren't we.

I like stories with baddies and goodies too but they get boring.

Comment

^^ yes season 2 is even better! In fact it was so upset when it was canceled and we didn't get a Season 3.
                  Stargate Universe is a fantastic show for the science fiction, the great characters, the fact that as mentioned above no stark "black and white" stories or characters.
                  You will love the character development in Season 2, as well I don't want to give too much away so I'll leave it at that.
                  What I loved about SGU each week was each episode was so unpredictable in plot development, I was unable to predict WHAT was going to happen next and I LOVED that.
                  You are going to love season 2.

Comment

I've been overdosing on it lately, watching 2 episodes a night for a week. So I had a few days off to process it all

Comment

I wouldn't call that overdosing on it. Try 2 disks a day!

Comment

Or a whole season on a weekend
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm afraid I'm one of those sad people who has a life outside Stargate, though

Comment

To be fair I couldn't do a weekend anymore. That was back when I was a kid with no responsibilities.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, its not good to stress your brain watching too many mind boggling shows at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                                ^^ yes season 2 is even better! In fact it was so upset when it was canceled and we didn't get a Season 3.
                                Stargate Universe is a fantastic show for the science fiction, the great characters, the fact that as mentioned above no stark "black and white" stories or characters.
                                You will love the character development in Season 2, as well I don't want to give too much away so I'll leave it at that.
                                What I loved about SGU each week was each episode was so unpredictable in plot development, I was unable to predict WHAT was going to happen next and I LOVED that.
                                You are going to love season 2.
                                I totally agree with you,by my opinion SGU is amazing sci fi show which i saw. There have all that you like watching in the science fiction: aliens,strange planets,ships,fighters,technology of the future.

Season two is pretty awesome,very sadly that this show was canceled. Why they are canceled this series?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X