Suicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
    Then I apologize. I prefer not to read spoilers. Maybe I just tell myself "if it doesn't come out of writer/ cast member's mouth, it can't be taken as truth" out of denial! Lol
    I totally understand - I'm trying to avoid spoilers, which is why I get irked when people blab them in inappropriate threads. I don't even watch the trailers, and it has been great. I think I'll adopt your method from now on
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
      Her name is Dr. Linda Park.

I hope that she's not the one. I liked her.
      linda park? when did this become enterprise?

Comment

Originally posted by greenmen View Post
        So what about Scott? At the end of the episode we see him staying on the planet instead of using the gate, even though he now knows that it would send him back in time (along with the kino).
        Chances are it would be not be nighttime on the other side. He could dig himself in to survive the night until Destiny arrives We'd have two of him then! .. uh
        It is never clearly established how far back in time the solar flare sends Rush & the keno. It's far enough back that his remains are reduced to bare bones. Even on a jungle planet that would take more than one night.
        sigpic

Comment

Senator Armstrong committed suicide in Air to extend the lives of everyone else on the shi.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Come on. He knew that the wormhole was unstable and that a successful trip to Destiny was slim at best. Yes he took a risk but then taking a risk is suicide. When a person knows death is highly possible but a person takes a risk just on the off chance it works. That is what happened here
            Time Spoilers.

Spoiler:
            Like you said he took a chance. It was a risk he was willing to take to try & save his life & possibly the lives of others.

It wasn't a deliberate attempt to end his own life.

Comment

Yeah it was when Eli spilled his guts to coma Chloe!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
              : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                I liked seeing Spencer not be a total jerkass. Means there's hope for the character. Nobody will bring him along on an off-world mission if they don't like him!
                Maybe they needed a spare "red shirt"

Seriously though I'm glad that Spencer went on an away mission. If he was deemed able to go through the gate it may mean that his mental state had calmed down which also may decrease the chances of him being the person that tops themselves.

Mind you having said that they might be making Spencer a slightly calmer person in order to intensify the shock if he does top himself
                Last edited by Sgt Detritus; 18 November 2009, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Scott committed suicide by waiting for the wormhole to be affected by the solar flare before throwing the kino through, ensuring that he would be killed by the aliens since he could no longer return to Destiny. Rush did the same thing by jumping through the unstable wormhole, though he didn't know that it would end in his death at the time.

Whether or not they did it for noble reasons doesn't matter; it was still suicide.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I would say Rush jumping in the wormhole is suicide
                    Not really. Suicide is not marked by an action but by intent. Rush didn't intend on killing himself. It was merely the result.

Imagine having to be somewhere and the only way of getting there is driving. Now imagine the roads being really slippery. To drive would be "suicide". You get in the car, with no intentions of killing yourself. But you slide off the road, drive into a pole and die. Suicide?

Comment

Originally posted by Takamuri View Post
                      Senator Armstrong committed suicide in Air to extend the lives of everyone else on the shi.

His decision to board the shuttle that was leaking air so that he could hold down the switch/button to seal it off was suicide. Self-sacrifice for others is not usually considered suicide, as the goal is not to kill oneself but to save another. Even if he was already dying he made a conscience choice to hasten his death.

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      Scott committed suicide by waiting for the wormhole to be affected by the solar flare before throwing the kino through, ensuring that he would be killed by the aliens since he could no longer return to Destiny. Rush did the same thing by jumping through the unstable wormhole, though he didn't know that it would end in his death at the time.

Whether or not they did it for noble reasons doesn't matter; it was still suicide.
                      Rush wasn't trying to kill himself. He believed there might be a chance he could make it back to Destiny. This was stated. We also don't know what Scott did once he threw the Kino. There may have been a last ditch effort of self preservation. What Scott did is actually classified self sacrifice. He deliberately put himself in harms way with a possibility of death for the benefit of self and others (he and they would live on in an alternate time line).
                      Last edited by aarlin81; 19 November 2009, 10:50 AM.
                      How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Originally posted by aarlin81 View Post
                        Phew! Wading through the mess of ignorance I didn't think anyone would mention this. Everyone is asking when we'll see the suicide and it doesn't even occur to them that we have.

His decision to board the shuttle that was leaking air so that he could hold down the switch/button to seal it off was suicide. Even if he was already dying he made a conscience choice to hasten his death.
                        We know about the suicide because of this Robert Carlyle quote:

“In the first three hours there are three deaths. It’s very heavy. There’s a suicide by episode six, as well.”

Of course, the episode six thing is no longer accurate, but the "as well" rules out that the suicide could be Senator Armstrong's death. Plus it just seems odd to say "suicide by episode six" when it happens in the second episode. Wouldn't you then say "There's a suicide by episode two"?

Comment

Originally posted by senatorincitatus View Post
                          We know about the suicide because of this Robert Carlyle quote:

“In the first three hours there are three deaths. It’s very heavy. There’s a suicide by episode six, as well.”

Of course, the episode six thing is no longer accurate, but the "as well" rules out that the suicide could be Senator Armstrong's death. Plus it just seems odd to say "suicide by episode six" when it happens in the second episode. Wouldn't you then say "There's a suicide by episode two"?
                          Oddly enough according to the Gateworld production notes he said: "A suicide in episode five, I think".

Also I was pointing out that we have seen a suicide. Now have we seen THE suicide which is likely to be a major focus in a upcoming episode? No. Frankly I find it disturbing that some people are almost salivating in anticipation.

From the production notes for "Time"...

Since this suicide has not occurred as of "Earth," we're speculating that Carlyle may have had all three hours of "Air" in mind as a single episode -- making "episode six" actually episode eight. Just when the suicide will occur, however, is uncertain. Carlyle also told Multichannel News at the same media event that the suicide might occur in episode five. Neither episode had been filmed at the time.

Comment

Oddly enough according to the Gateworld production notes he said: "A suicide in episode five, I think".
                            He probably mentioned it in more than one interview.

Also I was pointing out that we have seen a suicide. Now have we seen THE suicide which is likely to be a major focus in a upcoming episode? No. Frankly I find it disturbing that some people are almost salivating in anticipation.
                            I suspect the reaction would be similar if we'd been told there'd be a major death by a certain point in the season. People would still be speculating who and how. The fact that it's a suicide just changes that "how" to a "why."

Comment

He probably mentioned it in more than one interview.
                              I think you need to re-read that. I was commenting on the fact that the episode number changed.

Comment

I think you need to re-read that. I was commenting on the fact that the episode number changed.
                                So you were. My mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X