• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eclipse, Part 2 (311)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    THE ECLIPSE, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 311

Noah hunts for Sylar while his daughter, the immortal Claire, lays dying in a hospital. Ando tries to help Hiro get his memory back by reading 9th Wonders at a comic book store. In Haiti, Peter and the Haitian must rescue Nathan and stop the Haitian's warlord brother.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:05 PM.

Well that eclipse had to be one of the stupidest plot devices I've seen in long time. "Our powers are gone for 5 hours. Lets have some profound self-realizations and switch sides to pass the time."
    sigpic

Comment

At the very end of this episode, I was actually very disappointed with both Sylar and Nathan's decisions. I liked what they were trying to become.

Next week's episode should be pretty darn good though, based on the preview.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I guess HRG likes to watch.

Comment

The episode had some good things and some bad things. The main bad thing was that Sylar and Nathan went over to the bad side, even though Sylar was already on the bad side before. This next part is for anybody who hasn't seen the episode yet.

Spoiler:
          Slyar also killed Elle. I liked her.

Anyway, I think Baron Samedi's abilty's pretty cool. Another downside is that the eclipse really didn't evolve their powers, in which I was led to believe, only for them to come to some realizations. All and all, I have to give this episode a 5 out of 10. Could have been better, but oh well.

Anywho, I have two favorite quotes for this episode.

"Best day. Ever." - Hiro and Sam
          "Bad man." - Hiro
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah the eclipse was stupid, it appears the writers didn't even have any idea how it was supposed to remove powers. It seems like the people who wrote this episode only had the barest knowledge of the Heroes universe. "Hey there was a coincidental eclipse in the first episode, that must be what gave them their powers".
            Last edited by jds1982; 05 December 2008, 06:41 AM.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I believe since the first episode, despite all my friends saying it was unimportant that the eclipse was essential to the plot and I was right. Every time their eclipse people someone get super powers.

How this is link to everything else I do not know.

I personally think that the eclipse bit is stupid in how it seem to be the same everywhere the writers should have have only a partial eclipse.

How does it effect them have not got a clue. Alignment of the moon, sun and Earth electromagnetic fields which can affect the function of the brain would be my bet. How this link in with DNA and the chemicals that suresh was playing around with I have not got a clue.

As part that this episode is pretty good through I have not got a clue what the game changer is, I thought their whole universe was meant to change after this episode.

cool, smart Hiro was back which was very cool to watch through he should of dump Sylar in the pacific or a volcano.

Interesting that we now know that Hiro dad was the one that gave Clare to Bennett, which seem kind of obvious as he was the one protecting the formula.

But Sylar changing back is the only thing that I did not like about this episode and him killing Elle which was a shame I like her, through we did not see her 100% dead possible someone will intervene.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Interesting that we now know that Hiro dad was the one that gave Clare to Bennett, which seem kind of obvious as he was the one protecting the formula.

That was something we already knew anyway from "Company Man" in season 1.
                I thought that the episode was pretty average in comparison to the last few. I agree over Nathan's chnage of heart, seemed very forced.

Interesting little fact the director of this episode directed SGA's Home in season 1 (http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/2008/...pisode-11.html)

Comment

After the eclipse did Peter's powers come back?

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    I don't think so, but that would of been interesting to see. In all interesting episode. Hiro saved the entire thing for me. my two favorite lines:
                    "Best. Day. Ever."-Hiro and Sam
                    "Bad man"- Hiro as he teleports Sylar away.
                    http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

I was almost hoping that they had. And that he would have been shot by those guys, and we would have seen him heal. That would have been so sweet to see!

He has to get them back, I just don't know how.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I was almost hoping that they had. And that he would have been shot by those guys, and we would have seen him heal. That would have been so sweet to see!

He has to get them back, I just don't know how.
                        I got a theory but it a bit of a stretch but one of the ways I see him getting his powers back is if Arthur is force to give him them back to him and the only way I could see this happening is if Sylar somehow bring him close to death that he cannot not heal from or perhaps the haitan can selectively disable people powers and when Sylar undoubtedly turns on Arthur (Bennett is telling the truth for once)the haitan neutralizes his healing abilities and bribing him into giving peter his powers back and then peter Sylar has a massive battle just after Sylar takes out the Haitan of cause.
                        And this time it a battle to the finished.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          I got a theory but it a bit of a stretch but one of the ways I see him getting his powers back is if Arthur is force to give him them back to him and the only way I could see this happening is if Sylar somehow bring him close to death that he cannot not heal from or perhaps the haitan can selectively disable people powers and when Sylar undoubtedly turns on Arthur (Bennett is telling the truth for once)the haitan neutralizes his healing abilities and bribing him into giving peter his powers back and then peter Sylar has a massive battle just after Sylar takes out the Haitan of cause.
                          And this time it a battle to the finished.
                          Interesting. But, I don't see Sylar or Peter going anywhere anytime soon. They may fight it out again, but both will be around for some time IMO.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't believe so. He still doesn't have the big nasty face scar yet.
                            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
                              my two favorite lines:
                              "Best. Day. Ever."-Hiro and Sam
                              "Bad man"- Hiro as he teleports Sylar away.
                              I loved those lines, they're my favorite ones.

Anyway, I hope Peter gets his powers back as well. The two things I would really like to know right now are: Kaito's power (since Hiro has a power and powers are inherited), also the Haitian's actual name. Though I doubt they'll reveal the second one anytime soon/
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X