No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    My classes start today. We'll see if my brain is still turned on or not.
    Good luck, hope you do great and have fun!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Aw, first day of school.

My sister would tell you to pay attention, to be a good student, and to make lots of new friends.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Finally watched Infinity War, and ugh. I was warned. It still hurt. Someone needs to take away my internet. I didn't watch any vids or read any articles before the movie, but now I want to read/watch everything about the next movie, even though it's all speculation. The only thing stopping me is that I suspect it will only hurt more. I'm both looking forward to and dreading May 2019.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Lazy sunday will be lazy week cause I'm on holiday -- Fuertaventura, the Canary Islands -- and there's literally nothing to see or do on this island. Therefore... lots of relaxing ahead.
        Sounds amazing! Enjoy.

Ahh, the nostalgia of the first day of class. I hope you had a good day!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Sounds amazing! Enjoy.
          It is.
          We went and visited the turtle sanctuary in the harbor today. Were able to watch 4 Loggerhead Turtles swimming in circles and several more sticking their fins out in other bassins. And one splashed water all over me... it was amazing.

Then walked down the beach (had a moment of 'Oh goddess, really... in the nude, dude!') before jumping back in our car and driving back up the mountain. This afternoon will be spend lazying in the sun (possibly starting on that Stephen King book a colleague of mine lend me last week).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Finally watched Infinity War, and ugh. I was warned. It still hurt. Someone needs to take away my internet. I didn't watch any vids or read any articles before the movie, but now I want to read/watch everything about the next movie, even though it's all speculation. The only thing stopping me is that I suspect it will only hurt more. I'm both looking forward to and dreading May 2019.
            You and me both. The wait is going to be brutal, and the actual watching will be even more so.

It is.
            We went and visited the turtle sanctuary in the harbor today. Were able to watch 4 Loggerhead Turtles swimming in circles and several more sticking their fins out in other bassins. And one splashed water all over me... it was amazing.

Then walked down the beach (had a moment of 'Oh goddess, really... in the nude, dude!') before jumping back in our car and driving back up the mountain. This afternoon will be spend lazying in the sun (possibly starting on that Stephen King book a colleague of mine lend me last week).
            Squee, turtles!

As for the other, couldn't get away from that beach fast enough, eh? I don't blame you, LOL!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              As for the other, couldn't get away from that beach fast enough, eh? I don't blame you, LOL!
              It was rather amusing actually cause his wife was appropriately covered, while he was flaunting everything. Of course, there were several other ladies flaunting their top but even they were, you know, lying in the sun -- not walking around.

He could have at least covered himself up... just for the walking...

Comment

It was rather amusing actually cause his wife was appropriately covered, while he was flaunting everything. Of course, there were several other ladies flaunting their top but even they were, you know, lying in the sun -- not walking around.

Ewww. I was shocked when we went to a beach on the Med and saw some of that. Americans may be prudes but somethimes that's a good thing. Mr. SR and I always laugh at Hawaii Five-0 when they have all the people on the beach looking like they hopped out of the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated. In reality when we were in Hawaii we saw things on the beach that we can never unsee. Look in the mirror people!
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Ewww. I was shocked when we went to a beach on the Med and saw some of that. Americans may be prudes but somethimes that's a good thing.
                  I don't consider myself a prude, but damn sometimes... just ... come on...

Mr. SR and I always laugh at Hawaii Five-0 when they have all the people on the beach looking like they hopped out of the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated. In reality when we were in Hawaii we saw things on the beach that we can never unsee. Look in the mirror people!
                  Those are digitally removed from the image... the rest can stay, price tag nearly included.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'm with SR...ewwww!

Ewww. I was shocked when we went to a beach on the Med and saw some of that. Americans may be prudes but somethimes that's a good thing. Mr. SR and I always laugh at Hawaii Five-0 when they have all the people on the beach looking like they hopped out of the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated. In reality when we were in Hawaii we saw things on the beach that we can never unsee. Look in the mirror people!
                    I know, right? I cannot tell you how many times I've seen epic clothing disasters just going around town, both when I lived in SoCal and now up here in the northlands. Seriously people, it's really not that hard to find clothing that's actually flattering to your body!

Comment

Good luck, hope you do great and have fun!
                      Ahh, the nostalgia of the first day of class. I hope you had a good day!
                      Aw, first day of school.

My sister would tell you to pay attention, to be a good student, and to make lots of new friends.
                      Thanks! Class went well once I found the room (I can get lost anywhere). It was weird being the oldest person (aside from the teacher, at least). So I don't know about making new friends. I tend to make older friends, not younger. I'm an old soul.

I still haven't seen it. I know what happens and I'm not prepared to watch it. *sigh*

Absolutely!! I agree with you guys. Being a prude isn't so bad.

I know, right? I cannot tell you how many times I've seen epic clothing disasters just going around town, both when I lived in SoCal and now up here in the northlands. Seriously people, it's really not that hard to find clothing that's actually flattering to your body!
                      I can't get over seeing people walking around in pajamas. How did we become so lazy that we can't even change out of our sleep wear?

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        I'm trying to spread the word about The Expanse!

#SaveTheExpanse
                        I'm hearing a lot about this show, not sure how I've missed it all this time. I'm rooting for it, though. I want to watch.

It is.

Turtles! And nude dudes, lol. It was funny in college. You know, there was always one or two in every friend group that had that tendency to get drunk and naked. I did attend a party school in the south, I promise, not all my friends are crazy. But the best ones are. But after a certain age, it hurts my eyes just to think about it.

You and me both. The wait is going to be brutal, and the actual watching will be even more so.

I still haven't seen it. I know what happens and I'm not prepared to watch it. *sigh*
                        Yes, the movie hurts. But...you get to see Steve Rogers with that beard. Still crushing hard. And yes, sorry, I know, people are being obnoxious about it- me included- but I can't help myself. And now I'm tumbling down the rabbit hole of a ship that will only prove painful. Again...someone take away my internet. Please.

They need glasses. And smaller egos (and waistlines, perhaps). Maybe it's an evil plot to run everyone off to get the beach to themselves. They have to know, right? *shudders*
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I'm with SR...ewwww!

I thought it was just me because I'm old. Glad to see you young'uns agree. I've been disgusted for years at the way people dress in public. It gets really bad here in the summer. I know you tourists want to be comfortable when you're walking around DC in the 90 degree heat, but can't you throw a pair of khakis or a sundress in your luggage in case you want a night out for a nice dinner or maybe you snag tickets to the Kennedy Center? It's not that hard to go back to the hotel and change before the show, and do you really feel comfortable sitting in a restaurant with white tablecloths and waiters who call you "madam" while serving you a meal that costs you upwards of $100 per person wearing sandals and shorts? That's me at the next table giving you the stink eye in case you wondered. No, we are not snobs around here. It's America's home town, your tax money pays for it, but show some dang respect and try to look like you give a flip. End of rant. I'm feeling much better now.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And nude dudes, lol. It was funny in college. You know, there was always one or two in every friend group that had that tendency to get drunk and naked. I did attend a party school in the south, I promise, not all my friends are crazy. But the best ones are. But after a certain age, it hurts my eyes just to think about it.
                            I live in a student city, remember. We get to witness the young padawans at their finest moments every day of the week.
                            And (this is no lie) before we call the cops to report their noise and out-of-whack behavior, our downstairs neighbor will bring out the camera and film it first, and he will put it on Facebook. (Privacy be damned)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Thanks! Class went well once I found the room (I can get lost anywhere). It was weird being the oldest person (aside from the teacher, at least). So I don't know about making new friends. I tend to make older friends, not younger. I'm an old soul.
                              Heh, you and me both.

I thought it was just me because I'm old. Glad to see you young'uns agree. I've been disgusted for years at the way people dress in public. It gets really bad here in the summer. I know you tourists want to be comfortable when you're walking around DC in the 90 degree heat, but can't you throw a pair of khakis or a sundress in your luggage in case you want a night out for a nice dinner or maybe you snag tickets to the Kennedy Center? It's not that hard to go back to the hotel and change before the show, and do you really feel comfortable sitting in a restaurant with white tablecloths and waiters who call you "madam" while serving you a meal that costs you upwards of $100 per person wearing sandals and shorts? That's me at the next table giving you the stink eye in case you wondered. No, we are not snobs around here. It's America's home town, your tax money pays for it, but show some dang respect and try to look like you give a flip. End of rant. I'm feeling much better now.
                              Yes! Ugh, more and more people are just giving in to laziness. No wonder things have gone so far downhill...

I live in a student city, remember. We get to witness the young padawans at their finest moments every day of the week.
                              And (this is no lie) before we call the cops to report their noise and out-of-whack behavior, our downstairs neighbor will bring out the camera and film it first, and he will put it on Facebook. (Privacy be damned)

Comment

Makes me nostalgic, yet so very happy to be the age that I am. No smart phones when I was in college. Thank the heavens for that kind of anonymity or my family would have been praying for my soul...and trying to drag me home.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X