Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's an short interview with JB over at Sci-fi. Some spoilers apply. Just in case.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=47594

Comment

New JM interview, relatively spoilerless, nothing major.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tvguid...2_tvgif25.html

Comment

Episode 3: To The Last Man Trailer (YouTube link)
        "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Reviews for Sleeper (spoilers):

SyFyPortal: http://www.syfyportal.com/pagetogeth...id=4657&page=1
          Firefox News: http://firefox.org/news/articles/111...per/Page1.html
          The Stage:
          Spoiler:
          "Torchwood is a much more polished piece of work these days, and we can all be thankful for that. The dialogue fizzes that little bit more, the cast fire off each either with extra chemistry, and the storytelling has been tightened up nicely. What this always intriguing show doesn’t seem to be able to do is resist the temptation to turn the gore factor up in the last real. Take tonight’s episode, Sleeper. It’s a great idea, about a woman who has no memory of a murder she’s committed. It’s sensitively, quietly told and I was hooked – and then it lost me 25 minutes in by getting silly and feeling the need to throw blood around with gay abandon. I still have massively high hopes for this year’s Torchwood, and even with reservations, it’s still a massively improved show."
          Last edited by zuz; 26 January 2008, 12:53 PM.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Spoilers for To The Last Man from Torchwood Mag:
            Spoiler:
            "To the Last Man - "Tosh understands so much about the toys and technology that she's got in Torchwood, but she seems quite naive in terms of personal relationships. In a way she's almost childlike, so I wanted to write a story that would grow her up a little bit." Helen Raynor"

Digital Spy teases us about To The Last Man:
            Spoiler:
            "Serving up a more character-based drama than the previous two episodes in the season, 'To The Last Man' revolves around a young soldier who has to play a vital role in saving mankind. Here's a few teasery spoilers, with one fake one lurking somewhere to throw you off the scent.

1) The action partially takes place at St Teilo's Military Hospital in 1918.
            2) The Torchwood Institute once had people called Gerald and Harriet working for them.
            3) Gwen is menaced by a one-legged man in a hospital. Very David Lynch.
            4) Captain Jack has sealed orders from past Torchwood employees that can only be opened at a certain critical time.
            5) Owen discovers that he is to become a father after a fling with a lady who is out of this world. Literally.
            6) A blank piece of paper is deployed by Captain Jack to explain how a Time shift works.
            7) Two of the Torchwood team share an almighty - distinctly non-platonic - snog.
            8) Toshiko wears a dress for an important day at the office - and we get to see her flat!
            9) The final shot of the episode is unbelievably moving and brilliant."

To The Last Man Wallpapers available on TW official site. Non-UK folks click here.
            Promo picture from DigiGuide
            Spoiler:
            Last edited by zuz; 26 January 2008, 04:53 PM.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

IF Magazine Interview with Eve Myles (spoilers)
              Spoiler:
              excerpt about Freema joining the cast and Martha's involvement with TW:

"iF: How was having Miss Martha Jones [Freema Agyemen] from DOCTOR WHO joining the team this season?
              MYLES: Oh Freema and I get along famously! It was an absolute joy to get some more girlies on set because it’s so male oriented. It was nice to have another girl with us and to have someone that Gwen really admires as a smart, brave modern woman. Gwen can see that she has a lot in common with her, and she’s also had a past with Jack. So Gwen is very intrigued by that because the more she can learn about Jack the better and they get along very, very well. Plus, it’s lovely to see the character of Owen being challenged by a female that is slightly better at his job than he is. "

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Interview with Eve Myles (pretty much spoiler-free)

The Canadian Press on season 2 of Torchwood
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

*sigh* Got my hopes up too soon, it's absolutely no help if CBC isn't going to tell us when the show will actually air.

Comment

wow im really outta the loop. obviously the second season has just aired in england, but i was just flipping through the channels and when i was looking at the bbc america schedule, they had the torchwood season 2 permiere listed for tonight at 12:00. is this the first time its being aired in america?
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                    wow im really outta the loop. obviously the second season has just aired in england, but i was just flipping through the channels and when i was looking at the bbc america schedule, they had the torchwood season 2 permiere listed for tonight at 12:00. is this the first time its being aired in america?

Yes, just finished watching 2.1 about an hour and a half ago. (Central Time in The States)

Comment

A little news item from The Chicago Sun Times.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...-elf26.article

Spoiler:
                      There's a comment about JB who looks and sounds like Tom Cruise that I disagree with. JB is much better looking than Cruise, with no sofa jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                        A little news item from The Chicago Sun Times.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...-elf26.article

Spoiler:
                        There's a comment about JB who looks and sounds like Tom Cruise that I disagree with. JB is much better looking than Cruise, with no sofa jumping.
                        John is more handsome and charismatic then... well anyone!

I just read the heading "Gay and playful" that will so get those mainstream US audiences in... *snort*

Comment

Here is what John Barrowman thinks about the matter. (From an interview for Reveal Magazine)
                          "Q:Are you Tom Cruise's secret younger brother?
                          JB: A lot of people say I look like him. I don't see it, but I'm flattered. That said, I'm taller and I can sing..."
                          What he said plus JB's way hotter than Tom Cruise.
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                            What he said plus JB's way hotter than Tom Cruise.
                            I just find John has bucket loads of personality whereas Tom... *shrugs* I was never a fan of Tom's so... and I am never likely to be one now! Hee, I love the bit about being taller.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              John is more handsome and charismatic then... well anyone!

I just read the heading "Gay and playful" that will so get those mainstream US audiences in... *snort*

Somehow I really don't thinks so.

Comment

Somehow I really don't thinks so.
                                Are you suggesting some people may take the meaning of "gay" in this context to not mean happy?

Comment

Working...
                                X