X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M337ING View Post
    I would watch it... reluctantly.

I liked both SG-1 and Atlantis, so I guess I'm considered a fan of the franchise. And since Universe is the next part... I'll give it one chance (3-4 episodes)
    yes me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
      Sure, but not necessarily the SAME people.
      They DID say they were targeting a different audience... *forces a reassuring smile*

*ARG!!!! I HATE when franchises do that!*

Comment

SGU = EPIC FAIL

No way will I watch it. It's about a bunch of stupid teens in space. One character was described as the daughter of a US senator and a "party girl". =0

I guess Stargate will be over for me *GASP!*
        But of course, protesting for SGA's survival will not.

Comment

Originally posted by FightforAtlantis View Post
          SGU = EPIC FAIL
          You've not seen a single episode, and you call it a failure?

It's about a bunch of stupid teens in space.
          No, it's not.

One character was described as the daughter of a US senator and a "party girl". =0
          It's called character development. You have a young woman, daughter of a US senator, who blows money and likes to party when not engaged in political affairs. This allows her to grow into a mature, reliable, and respectable individual over the coarse of the series.

Comment

im defiantly not gonna waste my bandwidth on universe.... i just want Atlantis not universe sounds really stupid if you ask me...

Im still a teen and it defiantly doesn't appeal to me at all!!!
            BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              It's called character development. You have a young woman, daughter of a US senator, who blows money and likes to party when not engaged in political affairs. This allows her to grow into a mature, reliable, and respectable individual over the coarse of the series.
              And you actually believe that will happen?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You've not seen a single episode, and you call it a failure?

No, it's not.

SGU's plot is unoriginal. Having a crew lost in space sounds a bit like StarTrek to me, specifically Voyager. The Ancient storylines have also been done to death, clearly there are other races in the universe. I was hoping for something a bit more unique than another Ancient plot when there are plenty of other paths they could have chosen.

The characters are also lame, cliche', and dumbed down remakes of old characters. SGU is also aimed at a more younger and mainstream audience, therefore the concepts of the show will be constructed to fit their needs and the show will be less intelligent than SG1 & SGA.

And the very idea of a bunch silly teens commanding an Ancient ship is ridiculous! A Senator's party girl of daughter isn't fit for a ship crossing voids between galaxies. That kind of characters belongs in soaps. To even suggest her for a new Stargate series is disturbing, and honestly downright LAME.

Besides the fact that SGU is terrible in any size, shape, or form, it also is the series that is replacing SGA. To watch SGU, would be supporting SGA's cancellation. And I cannot do that. Though certainly I'd imagine it would be no problem for me to restrain myself from watching SGU. If indeed I did glance upon it one day, my eyes would wonder upon it and laugh with amusement and pity.

Comment

Please show me FightforAtlantis how you able to read TPTB's minds
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Please show me FightforAtlantis how you able to read TPTB's minds
                    I'm not sure I'd even want to know.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Its probably best that way. Less chance for corruption.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Atlantis won’t be saved, we’re its undoing. MGM saw a boost in sales from SG DVDs as we wanted SG1 to live on through movies and they thought why spend money for a season when we can make more money though movies.

sigpic

Comment

I'll give Universe a try. But it'll never be SGA, that's for sure.

Comment

If "Enemy at the Gate" marks the end of the show (discounting movies), then what? Will you give Universe a try, or will Stargate be over for you, aside from the occasional movie?
                            For me it is really going to depend on how they promote SGU with commericals and such when it gets ready to air.
                            I like Stargate, however I really don't like they way they choose to introduced SGU and I am not fond of another BSG type show.

Regardless of how they promote it, SGU won't be a must see to watch or record on Friday evening's for me anymore.
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I'll give SGU a shot, but it has a steep hill to march up. If the writing is cr@p I doubt I'll make it past episode 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                                They DID say they were targeting a different audience... *forces a reassuring smile*
                                That is what scares me. Especially after seeing some of the changes made in remakes of shows I liked - i.e. BSG and Knight Rider. SGA was the show which catch my eye. Otherwise I would not have cable now. At the price it cost to have scifi channel, it is messing with my budget.

This season of SGA has been one of the best. I like the the idea of the show going off on a good feel.
                                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                                Individuality is freedom lived.
                                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
                                X