Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    The last scene was far too cheesy...

I mean, where did they get all the clothes, champagne? How long after the final battle was this?

I too wasn't expecting a massive battle, but you would think their Queen would be better guarded after all the 2nd Masses victories and the fact that primitive humans killed her sister...
    It seems to be a trend in apocalyptic movies/shows.. When they finish off, they either don't even BOTHER showing reconstruction, or completely skip it.

And i agree. There should have been much more of a focus on the final battle.. We saw what.. Tunnels with eggs.. Someone shooting off a grenade in close quarters.. A few nobodies die, and almost lost the doc.

Woopty do.

I am wondering though.. Has anyone seen any other fan boards discussing falling skies and see what THEY are posting about this..?

Comment

I've read a couple of reviews and they are mostly being let down...

Comment

Got to agree, far too rushed and far too easy...

And only two true deaths, of characters we only met this season...

As much as I liked Anne, it would have been better if she had stayed dead...

Shame this season ended so badly, started off well...
        I wish Marty had survived true he was only a minor character but i liked him he wasn't a bad guy when he ambushed the Second Mass he was just in a tough situation, he deserved to survive as a biochemist his skills would have been useful in rebuilding after the defeat of the Espheni.

Originally posted by TheRandomOne View Post
        Was I the only one that did not expect a big final battle ? They introduced the queen & the kill the queen & kill them all plot. So that no big budget final battle was needed. I saw that coming
        I wasn't expecting a big final battle either, you don't always need a big final battle or a massive weapon to defeat your enemy i just watched the TNG episode I'Borg Picard was planning to use something that would appear harmless but would be very destructive to the borg http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wik...ogical_anomaly

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
        ^ No your not the only one

I hate that they brought Pope back for last encounter with Tom, they should have just left him dead in that explosion a few weeks ago

farewell Falling Skies
        I disagree his supposed death at the base didn't feel very Pope to me, how he did die was a lot better than his supposed death by conveniently placed barrels filled with explosive contents, exploding barrels is the biggest cliche in not just video games but tv shows and movies, oh what a good idea i'll take cover behind these barrels filled with explosive content surely nothing can get me here then they explode and Pope would be oh hell why did i choose to take cover here of all places.

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
        well that was a big middle finger after 5 years, deus ex machina nonsense, primitive humans could defeat the espheni yet modern humans struggled, pope not being dead, that thing with anne dying but not dying, the writers really dropped the ball on this
        The Esphini could have modified their tactics when they saw how far humans had come since the primitive humans had killed the queen's daughter to make it harder for the humans to fight back, the Esphini had some idea of what they were up against so they used every weapon in their arsenal against the humans, eye worms, skitters and hornets, mechs and super mechs, overlords, the Lexi clone, Captain Marshall, those plant like things that could only be destroyed by flamethrowers i forget what they are called, harnessed human children, Karen, and those bug things that exited through Jamil's mouth when the 2nd Mass set up a base the hospital. I think i got everything that the Esphini used against the humans.

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
        ^^Yes me too knew that all it would take was to hit the queen with that device given to Tom by the Dornia(spelling?)
        But yes they could have left out the encounter with Pope, IMO unless it was to show that he lived on.
        But he wasn't in the last scene when they were all gathered together.
        I liked the final encounter with Pope it felt a lot better than his supposed death at the base.

The last scene was far too cheesy...

I mean, whered they get all the clothes, champagne? How long after the final battle was this?

I too wasn't expecting a massive battle, but you would think their Queen would be better guarded after all the 2nd Masses victories and the fact that primitive humans killed her sister...
        I'm guessing it takes place several months if not longer after the final battle seeing as the Washington monument was being rebuilt and it had only partially been destroyed by the Esphini either during the initial invasion or since they set up a base in DC.

I liked the ending i would have hated to see any or all of the characters die, i've become so attached to all the characters over the last 5 seaons and i'd hate to lose any of them.

LOL at Anthony's last name on that uniform he was wearing that's assuming that is his real last name and that it wasn't allready on the uniform when he got it from whereever he got it, Welker maybe that was some behind the scenes staff having a joke at Anthony's expense since he did welk out on the 2nd Mass and run off with Pope, is welked out even an expression/saying i'm sure i heard it used somewhere years ago.

I'm guessing that the queen didn't feel the need to be guarded by any underlings because she might have been feeling overconfident that they could defeat the humans, overconfidence can often be the undoing of any bad guy.

Comment

Just a quick question at the end of the episode when they showed the show title what were names listed?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

^^ I was wondering that, too. Perhaps names of all the actors and others involved behind the scenes over the last 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
              I liked the ending i would have hated to see any or all of the characters die, i've become so attached to all the characters over the last 5 seaons and i'd hate to lose any of them.
              While i also like them, i DO feel with what was going on, we needed more deaths in the ranks of the main folk, not just 'yet another nameless backround guy or gal # 999.."

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                It seems to be a trend in apocalyptic movies/shows.. When they finish off, they either don't even BOTHER showing reconstruction, or completely skip it.
                ..?
                Two stories that is rarely, if ever told in scifi:

Earth building it very first interstellar ship, imagine the politics, internal bickering, Political hearings, training of the crew, there got to be plenty of drama and stories to tell there.

An reconstruction after a apocalyptic disaster,

wish we got 2012 tv series that was being work on but got cancelled, sadly ID2 seems will be just another shoot them up with the Americans saving the planet, again, probably with that Chinese chick chipping in to appeal to the Chinese market. Rather than it perhaps being about attempts to integrated alien and human survivors into some sort of society. With Aliens wanting to be free from their prison camps.

I am wondering though.. Has anyone seen any other fan boards discussing falling skies and see what THEY are posting about this..?
                Don't know about other boards but reviews have universally pan this, mediocre from IGN and they have generally gave favorable reviews to the show, 1 star from den of geeks again from a site that generally gave okay reviews to the show episodes.

There might be one or two comments in the comment section who thought this was good, I have rare seen comment sections on those site with so many people agreeing with each other that this was poo and agreeing with the reviewer that this episode was crap.
                Last edited by knowles2; 03 September 2015, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Did anyone else recognise the voice of the Espheni queen it's Tricia Helfer aka the number 6 cylon, i knew the voice sounded familiar but i couldn't figure out right away where i had heard it before.

Either her voice was edited to sound alien enough so that no-one would recognise it immediately or Tricia made herself sound different when recording her lines for her role as Espheni queen.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
                    Did anyone else recognise the voice of the Espheni queen it's Tricia Helfer aka the number 6 cylon, i knew the voice sounded familiar but i couldn't figure out right away where i had heard it before.

Either her voice was edited to sound alien enough so that no-one would recognise it immediately or Tricia made herself sound different when recording her lines for her role as Espheni queen.
                    Maybe her voice has changed due to an illness she had just prior to recording her lines?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      While i also like them, i DO feel with what was going on, we needed more deaths in the ranks of the main folk, not just 'yet another nameless backround guy or gal # 999.."
                      I agree. I almost wish Anne had stayed dead. I feel like a few main characters should have perished. (Sounds heartless, but they got away almost unscathed it seems like.)

I agree with what most everyone said. The finale was way too rushed. It could have easily been stretched out over several episodes. Heck, over the whole of season 5 for that matter. Most of season 5 episodes were crap anyway. I felt so underwhelmed. I really feel like this show lost its way after season 2 and never gained back. Too much side drama going on and not enough dealing with the aliens or too many aliens being introduced and confusing things.

Also I think I may be forgetting but why were the mechs no longer being used? If someone tells me why, I know I am going to kick myself because it is something I should know.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                        I agree. I almost wish Anne had stayed dead. I feel like a few main characters should have perished. (Sounds heartless, but they got away almost unscathed it seems like.)

I agree with what most everyone said. The finale was way too rushed. It could have easily been stretched out over several episodes. Heck, over the whole of season 5 for that matter. Most of season 5 episodes were crap anyway. I felt so underwhelmed. I really feel like this show lost its way after season 2 and never gained back. Too much side drama going on and not enough dealing with the aliens or too many aliens being introduced and confusing things.

Also I think I may be forgetting but why were the mechs no longer being used? If someone tells me why, I know I am going to kick myself because it is something I should know
                        Wasnt it because the power core on the Moon was knocked out? Could be wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                          Also I think I may be forgetting but why were the mechs no longer being used? If someone tells me why, I know I am going to kick myself because it is something I should know.
                          After Tom and the kid rammed the power source on the moon all the mechs went dead.. Same as the beamers and such.

Comment

Regarding the time of the last scene it was about four to five months after Anna was put in the water based on the size of the bump, if that's anything to go by.

Like most others this felt rushed, cop out with the new aliens we hardly saw, Anna being bought back from the dead (wtf?), I'd even go as far as saying the only decent bit of the episode was Pope, so ironic after all his rage and anger towards Tom, that he simply slips away while sat on the river bed after throwing one last insult towards a Mason.

Also I have a question for our American friends, have the rules/regulations on language in scripted stuff changed recently? I've noticed there's a lot more swearing (or what I would consider swearing, even if the rest of the world doesn't) in a lot of shows in comparison to previous years?

Comment

These days it does seem more swearing gets a lower rating than what it used to... compared to say smoking.

Comment

This finale was so anticlimactic. There was no one guarding the queen or the eggs? She wanted to invade Earth because a couple of centuries ago primitive earthlings killed her daughter and ate her? Never mind that the red shirt who ate a skitter (or whatever it was) died the moment he ingested the alien flesh.

The farm, Pope, Isabella (?), military base, FakeLexi and the Mason militia were basically all useless. Could have just been left out. Such a waste.

Also, at least two Masons and Anne should have died. But it's not like anyone actually expected pregnAnne to die, right? That family has plot armor.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X