Evolution of the Daleks (2905/305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    Well, Human-Dalek Sec seemed fine to just go and live peacefully, without the exterminating and "supreme race" stuff, so I figured that's why the Doctor was helping.
    Does anyone honestly believe that the Daleks- who have been experimenting on humans, turning some of them into mindless pig-slaves and making a thousand into empty shells waiting to be filled with Dalek DNA- do you really think that with their army of 1,000 mutant Dalek-human-slaves (they were, after all, going to be entirely controlled by one Dalek) they would just slink off to some distant world to live out their lives in peace and harmony?

I find it hard to believe that the Doctor would honestly think the Daleks would go off and never cause harm to anyone again. "If there's even a chance..." Yeah, maybe with three under-powered Daleks and a mutant freak, but with an army of a thousand slave-soldiers in tow?? Slave-soldiers with Daleked-up Tommy guns?! Riiight. Have I mentioned this great little swamp planet I have for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Does anyone honestly believe that the Daleks- who have been experimenting on humans, turning some of them into mindless pig-slaves and making a thousand into empty shells waiting to be filled with Dalek DNA- do you really think that with their army of 1,000 mutant Dalek-human-slaves (they were, after all, going to be entirely controlled by one Dalek) they would just slink off to some distant world to live out their lives in peace and harmony?

I find it hard to believe that the Doctor would honestly think the Daleks would go off and never cause harm to anyone again. "If there's even a chance..." Yeah, maybe with three under-powered Daleks and a mutant freak, but with an army of a thousand slave-soldiers in tow?? Slave-soldiers with Daleked-up Tommy guns?! Riiight. Have I mentioned this great little swamp planet I have for sale?
      Thats the thing! Its about hope - if you carry on thinking that nothing good can come from bad you might as well give up!

One person CAN change everything, and I think the idea was that the hybrid slaves wernt going to be slaves - they only became slaves because of the intervention of the other daleks.

These were going to be independent free thinking daleks, a whole new generation and start for the Dalek empire! Hope, hope hope hope - thats what Sec, and then the Dr had.

One person can change the world - for better or worse - it can be done.
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

some people seem to be forgetting that these daleks are meant to have imaginations, they think outside the box, so in order for them to survive they evolve, it's pretty straight forward, even for a Dalek, one that see's no future for it's race remember.
        but anyway, on to the episode.
        what the hell!! haha
        so they ran down their power cells doing an emergency temporal shift and thats why they dont just exterminate everything and need to evolve and....
        frak sake, RECHARGE!
        i would have found it infinitely more believable if the Daleks had tampered with the Empire State building to channel the gamma radiation into themselves thus powering back up to full charge, the resulting channeling of gamma radiation onto the earth would have spilled off of the empire state building and killed everyone in New York so the doctor must stop them at all costs, that makes more sense to me anyway.

but that didnt happen, oh no, so what we got was, well, not that bad in all honesty, it had its good points, the idea of the Human Dalek becoming something new, something unexpected was nice and the way he was treated by the other Daleks was spot on, in chains, humiliated, exterminated.
        i thought that the point of that guys god speech and plea to the Daleks is just to remind us how ruthless the Daleks are, and yes i to was willing that Dalek to scream "EXTERMINATE!" after i heard it.
        joining together for a better tomorrow, bloody hell!

the rest was confusing and made no sense, timelords are really hard to kill it seems, i mean they'd have to be on par with the T-1000, the plot was so hastily resolved and timelord/dalek/human DNA all mixing and somehow that makes them Dalek zombies to start with and then what, the rest of the DNA had to kick in? pretty sloppy.
        but the Dalek tommy guns were cool, haha
        i agree that the doctor does seem to be shouting alot and screaming, NOOOOOOO! to the heavens on more than one occasion, maybe timelords have bad hearing, aha i have discovered the Doctor's achilles heel!

not good when compared to the two parters of last year, or any other Dalek story for that matter, the weakest of the bunch but not the worst episode overall if only for the fact that the Daleks were in it, but they'll be back,in the hands of RTD hopefully.
        sorry Torchwood writer Helen Raynor if you'd left out the beastiality it may not have seemed so bad.
        To the Mandatorium!!!!!

Comment

1. Didn't have a problem with Dalek Sec. He had enough humanity to want to change his race's ways but got stabbed in the back. Fine.

2. I suspect we'll see Dalek Khan for one last ep next season and that'll be it, no more Daleks.

3. "We should be able to get along, what do you say?" "Exterminate!"

4. Meh on Laslo.

Overall, better than last week, maybe not quite as good as Shakespeare Code.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Yeah, funny how they were "stuck" in 1930 until the very end when the Doctor was advancing on the sole survivor and her just emergency time jumped (whatever) out.

Comment

They are Daleks. In my canon they would never do this. No way.

People want to excuse it as some "growth" for a race that cannot grow or change fine, want to say it is all about "hope" but you are imho putting human beliefs/traits before Dalek ones.

If one of the Daleks could have been the one Rose touched then I might (big huge might) have seen the sense but here we have pure Daleks. Death should have been a better option then mixing DNA. Also I asked last week why humans? There has to be better candidates in the universe then humans. And lets not forget so easily that in "Dalek" that Dalek chose death over having human traits.

No. This has so many plot holes and unbelievable and unforgivable re-writing of Dalek canon; I almost want to cry. I think in the end The Daleks own actions prove that they are not like this, that yes death is better but it was a long way to travel to come to a conclusion that should (and was to this fan) be apparent from the start.

Worse ep of Doctor Who since.... Well I will have to think on that one.

Comment

Bad science, I know this is Dr. Who, so try to tune out the science for the most part, actually it's usually not that bad,
                *But gamma rays in lightning? Gamma rays + people = very very dead, if that radiation reached New York in anyway millions would die, more would get cancer
                *Lightning carrying the doctors DNA, that didn't make any sense, at all
                *A genetics laboratory made up of coloured boiling liquid
                i agree with that it was the only thing really i had porblems with i don't even know much about science and even i was haveing a hard time beliveing that stuff.

some people seem to be forgetting that these daleks are meant to have imaginations, they think outside the box, so in order for them to survive they evolve, it's pretty straight forward
                i havent i don't know why people saying the daleks wouldent do some thing like this or think it. thses daleks as you said are ment to have imaginations and thinking out side the box to surivie and think out side the box.

i liked this ep i had some problems with it but i stilll liked it. dident the daleks in parting of ways and bad wolf make hybirds human daleks? the daleks in evolution were despreit and weakend, which made them think about makeing hybirds sents it was the only way they could think of live sents they couldent make new daleks. as we saw and which i new what would happen the daleks dident like what they saw and killed sec. i also think they probly only planed on useing the hiybird until they could make new daleks. as for the doctor hleping them i think it was just hope they could change after seeing how daleks sec was changed.

Was this a lame attempt to appeal to a US market now that SciFi has agreed to buy another series of the show? And what was the black guy's "god" speech supossed to be about? Doctor Who does not "do" god and to me it felt so out of place.
                how was it attempt to apppeal to a us market?

i don't think that god speech was about any thing. that person just happened to belive in god and was trying to talk to the daleks. it dident really borther me

Worse ep of Doctor Who since.... Well I will have to think on that one
                sents The Happiness Patrol? no to far back sents love and monsters

just rember the reason why im probly ok with the doctor help thing is probly beacuse some thing i heard the 8th doctor say in blood of the daleks i can't rember exactly what he said. thou some thing about if there was the silghtest chance of the daleks chagneing or able to feel some thing like that can't rember
                Last edited by lord-anubis; 29 April 2007, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Kinda seemed like that, didn't it? But it's the Chrysler Building. You can tell because the top is different.
                  A lot of Brits get to the top of the ESB and see what they always thought was the ESB and get a real "OMG the jetlag has sent me insane" moment. It's very freaky.

The ESB is the famous name over here, but the chrysler buliding is prettier and hence is on most of the postcards our friends and relatives send home to us, for us to assume we're being sent the ESB.

It's probably analogous to the name "London Bridge" being famous but the image of tower bridge being famous and lots of furriners think the latter is the former.
                  Last edited by Madeleine; 30 April 2007, 02:13 AM.

Madeleine

Comment

I find it hard to believe that the Doctor would honestly think the Daleks would go off and never cause harm to anyone again.
                    I don't think he really fully believed it, but perhaps he couldn't bring himself to commit cold genocide. Tom Baker's Doctor couldn't in Genesis of the Daleks. It's as if he's happy to destroy them in a 'fair fight', but not otherwise, and Sec gave him enough excuse to (have to) give the Daleks a chance. There's a perversion in the logic, but it's just about credible.

Madeleine

Comment

i thought this episode was good. i was kind of hoping that the cult of skarro would be more of a threat than they were but considering that they were designed to come up with new ways to carry on the dalek race and to think outside the very small dalek box of a mind. as for the fact that the daleks would never do it well keep in mind that what sec was wanting was aggression, hatred and ambition which he saw as what he needed to carry on the human race. he hadn't realised that it would result in all the other emotions. the other daleks were just there to follow and do his bidding but they still thought like daleks.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i dont see why they didnt recharge themselves after the temporal shift, in 'dalek' the dalek used his plunger stick to tap into the power grid of america and take the whole coast of utah. why didnt the cult of skaro do that.

and didnt the doctor alter time for earth. leavings dead pig men, dalek shells and a black dalek siut, that and a dalek laboratory dalek tommie guns, dalekieum and not to mentions loads of witnesses.

torchwood would be well defended in the future now, now that when the cybermen and daleks come through the void again
                        sigpic

Comment

Evolution for the Daleks... Devolvement for the show...

THIS
                          WAS
                          ABYSMAL
                          !!!!

How could they air this rubbish and call it Who? I'm gasping for air, this really knocked the wind out of me like a whiff of rotting flesh. So tedious, ridiculous, contrived, absolutely horrible! Loose plot ends all over the place! I have some serious worries as to the quality of the show after watching this two-parter. I didn't even like David let alone Freema in this episode.

I am officially erasing the existence of these episodes from my bruised mind. You do it too, all of you. And pray that this was a one-off stumble on the show, and not a sign of things to come.

And they've gotta stop using that damned sonic screwdriver so much, they're butchering its chic and sexy existence!

Oh the humanity!!!!

And I also just remembered, what the hell happened to Art Deco Daleks??? Perhaps would have lifted the enjoyment of this episode from zero to one at the least. All I heard about leading up to this episode was "you're gonna see Art Deco Daleks..."

Um..

Where??

Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by Dusk; 30 April 2007, 06:11 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

calm down. breathe.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                              And I also just remembered, what the hell happened to Art Deco Daleks??? Perhaps would have lifted the enjoyment of this episode from zero to one at the least. All I heard about leading up to this episode was "you're gonna see Art Deco Daleks..."

Um..

Where??

Hey! You're right!

Comment

This episode was some what of a let down, especially after having watched the Genesis of the Daleks with, Tom Baker recently, I mean in that they actually killed Davros, their own creator, so there is no way they wouldn't just gun down the hybrid as soon as he emerged.

Also, I not sure if I am right about this, but wasn't that last Dalek's name Khan??? Because as soon as he said that and then teleported away, I excepted the Doctor to shoot, KHANNNN!!!!
                                http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Working...
                                X