Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrection

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
    {Third-in-Command}
    Spoiler:

The Wraith looked up from the controls as he felt the two humans enter the bridge. "What is it?" he asked, irritated to have been taken from his tasks. The weapon system currently needed an overhaul, and though it was a mundane task, aspects could only be dealt with from here. "Be quick, child."

((OOC - You wanna call the Third 'Bart'?))

Being annoyed was part of her make-up, but she refused to show it..for the moment. Reese simply stood there with her usual haughtiness. ~You seem bothered by my intrusion Left-Hand? Never mind, you might enjoy this~ She leaned back a little, he was of course somewhat taller than herself. "My follower here has some intelligence I and we need to confirm, it may prove vital as to who is behind these strange ships and attacks on other hives, not to mention the dissappearance of our 'food' source all over the galaxy." She turned to Thalinus. "Speak, tell Third of your sightings of this rebel Genii faction on Nibiru."

Comment

{Third-in-Command}

"Speak then, human, and be quick." Third stepped away from the central dais, and drew closer to the Worshipper. "If there is news of the Genii, and how this might affect our herds, you must tell." He leaned down and purred into the human's ear, his breath hot against the man's flesh. "You will be amply rewarded."

{Shrike}

The dart bay was quet as he entered it, and Shrike strode purposefully along the narrow bridge to where his craft sat waiting for him. Placing a hand on the slightly warmer hull, Shrike meshed briefly with its organic AI, and hopped lightly up into the cockpit; the chair adjusted to him as the canopy sealed above his head.

Under his fingers the controls came to life, and he fired the engines, bringing the sleek nose of the machine to point outwards. Banking her smoothly, Shrike shot out into space, bringing her round to aim at the Lantean city. As he manoeuvred, his off hand slotted the data crystal into the console, and began reading the data, strengthening the encryption.

He could begin broadcasting it soon.

Reaching for the Third's mind, the Wraith realised that ones attention was taken up by an interesting circumstance. Yet more information that could well assist them in goal to achieve an alliance with the humans. Still, Shrike couldn't help the involuntary snarl that bubbled to his lips; it sat ill with him.

~Do not damage this human ~ he instructed ~he has value to us ~
      Last edited by Isolde; 19 February 2011, 02:15 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

((OOC - Shrike will continue to Atlantis, and will broadcast the telemetry to them regarding the ships heading for Bakun. Other than that, is there anything else we need to know about, Mel, to get these threads to a single point? ))
        sigpic

Comment

{Rhys}

Satisfied that his first task was done, Rhys walked towards the bridge, following the telepathic signature of the daughter. The closer he got, the more grumpy he became though. The signals coming back over the telepathic network indicated she was in a conversation with the Third. Better not interrupt them now. Instead he entered the bridge as inconspicuous as he could and faded into the background, observing what was going on. The child was talking to the Third and a human male was with them, wearing a strange armour.

Comment

{Bullseye}

Bullseye walked casually out of the transporter and stopped to pick up a data tablet along the way to the sensor cluster. He wanted to make the lesson as interactive as possible so that Glade would have hands-on experience, not just transmitted memories and facts; one never knew if the lives of everyone on the hive would depend on it later.

He brought up the sensor cluster’s readings on the data tablet and showed the young Wraith the parts of the sensors, how they worked together and fed into the data readings, and how to maintain and repair them. In between practice drills, he tried to get to know the promising new cleverman better.

~ I understand you are interested in wormhole physics. That knowledge will be of great benefit. It is too bad there are not any Ancient builders around to capture and convert to show us more.~

Comment

{Shrike}

The needle-like craft sped towards Atlantis, and the Second began to broadcast as soon he came in range. Throttling forward, Shrike flew the dart to her very limits, wondering if all he'd meet would be a barrage of Ancient drones, or one of Earth's fighters. Whatever happened, it would be glorious, and he chuckled to himself.

"Atlantis... do not fire. I repeat. Do. Not. Fire." He sent the telemetry through a secure channel, one only the Lanteans and this thrice damned Alliance knew about. "There are ships heading for Bakun..."
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post

{Bullseye}

Spoiler:
                Bullseye walked casually out of the transporter and stopped to pick up a data tablet along the way to the sensor cluster. He wanted to make the lesson as interactive as possible so that Glade would have hands-on experience, not just transmitted memories and facts; one never knew if the lives of everyone on the hive would depend on it later.

He brought up the sensor cluster’s readings on the data tablet and showed the young Wraith the parts of the sensors, how they worked together and fed into the data readings, and how to maintain and repair them. In between practice drills, he tried to get to know the promising new cleverman better.

~ I understand you are interested in wormhole physics. That knowledge will be of great benefit. It is too bad there are not any Ancient builders around to capture and convert to show us more.~
                {Glade}

With eager attention Glade absorbed all the details Bullseye explained to him about the sensors, admiring the complex connections and filaments working together in organic perfection. When Bullseye began talking about wormhole physics, Glade was deep in thought and needed a moment to adjust to the new topic. ~Yes, wormhole physics fascinate me and I find it frustrating that we can use the Portals and manipulate them but still lack essential knowledge on them.~

His eyes took on a dreamy expression as he imagined all the things they could do if they had indeed Ancients around to assist them. ~If only we could harness the the chaotic force of wormholes to create a means of propulsion - it would be much, much faster than any hyperdrive. Yet the power requirements would be immense.~ He looked at Bullseye to see if he was interested because Glade wouldn't want to bore him with this silly daydream. ~It's my little daydream and I hope some day I will get the opportunity to build such an engine.~

Encouraged by Bullseye's interest, Glade dared to ask a question of his own. ~Do you have any special projects you would like to pursue?~

(OOC: Glade is referring to wormhole drives like the one Zelenka engineered in 'Enemy at the gate')

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  {Glade}

With eager attention Glade absorbed all the details Bullseye explained to him about the sensors, admiring the complex connections and filaments working together in organic perfection. When Bullseye began talking about wormhole physics, Glade was deep in thought and needed a moment to adjust to the new topic. ~Yes, wormhole physics fascinate me and I find it frustrating that we can use the Portals and manipulate them but still lack essential knowledge on them.~

His eyes took on a dreamy expression as he imagined all the things they could do if they had indeed Ancients around to assist them. ~If only we could harness the the chaotic force of wormholes to create a means of propulsion - it would be much, much faster than any hyperdrive. Yet the power requirements would be immense.~ He looked at Bullseye to see if he was interested because Glade wouldn't want to bore him with this silly daydream. ~It's my little daydream and I hope some day I will get the opportunity to build such an engine.~

Encouraged by Bullseye's interest, Glade dared to ask a question of his own. ~Do you have any special projects you would like to pursue?~

(OOC: Glade is referring to wormhole drives like the one Zelenka engineered in 'Enemy at the gate')

{Bullseye}

Bullseye sensed that his lessons on the ship’s sensory input were being understood and eagerly absorbed. He was glad to have another cleverman on board who liked to accumulate knowledge for the sake of knowledge, like their old Commander.

His eyes widened, impressed with Glade’s ambitions, then stopped blinking as he peered intently at the readings from the ships nearing Bakun before answering the last question. With almost 6,000 years of life experience, he could have accomplished more notable feats or risen in rank, but he had no political ambitions, valued his free time, and chose to divide on-duty time between learning skills from both blades and clevermen. Not specializing made him well-rounded, but outclassed in every field. Enjoying his own life took precedence, especially in these uncertain times that almost saw him dead aboard the Daedalus and turned each time he had to feed into a risk that the Hoffan plague would make it has last. Yet, there was one area he wanted to know more about, and like Glade’s field of interest, the lost knowledge made it difficult.

~ I most enjoy working with organic technology. Learning more about hive maintenance and reconfiguration is an interest, but those with such knowledge are rarer than ever. I hope time and fortune favor us both in our goals. This hive is the most likely one to give us those chances.~

Comment

Spoiler:
                    {Third-in-Command}

"Speak then, human, and be quick." Third stepped away from the central dais, and drew closer to the Worshipper. "If there is news of the Genii, and how this might affect our herds, you must tell." He leaned down and purred into the human's ear, his breath hot against the man's flesh. "You will be amply rewarded."

{Shrike}

The dart bay was quet as he entered it, and Shrike strode purposefully along the narrow bridge to where his craft sat waiting for him. Placing a hand on the slightly warmer hull, Shrike meshed briefly with its organic AI, and hopped lightly up into the cockpit; the chair adjusted to him as the canopy sealed above his head.

Under his fingers the controls came to life, and he fired the engines, bringing the sleek nose of the machine to point outwards. Banking her smoothly, Shrike shot out into space, bringing her round to aim at the Lantean city. As he manoeuvred, his off hand slotted the data crystal into the console, and began reading the data, strengthening the encryption.

He could begin broadcasting it soon.

Reaching for the Third's mind, the Wraith realised that ones attention was taken up by an interesting circumstance. Yet more information that could well assist them in goal to achieve an alliance with the humans. Still, Shrike couldn't help the involuntary snarl that bubbled to his lips; it sat ill with him.

~Do not damage this human ~ he instructed ~he has value to us ~

{Thalinus}

He worked to ignore the wraith's proximity as he began once again to recount the information he had gleaned. "My last contact with the leader of the rebel Genii, Sora, was on a planet known as Nibiru. They left the planet in a ship of unknown alien origin, and shortly after their departure a large population, numbering several hundred people, where seen to be beamed off the planet. This is not the first world I have known this to have occur on."
                    Last edited by KyshaMalini; 22 February 2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

{Third-in-Command}

The Wraith hissed, and rose, swayed snakelike as his demon eyes considered the human. "Other planets you say?" His feeding hand stretched, enzyme running to the tips of his talons. "How many?"
                      sigpic

Comment

{Thalinus}

For a moment he regretted speaking of the other planets. But no, withholding information would hold more danger for him in the long run, and at any rate it had been said now. "At least one other world, likely more. The rebel Genii are trading these people for their own protection."

Comment

{Third-in-Command}
                          Spoiler:

The Wraith hissed, and rose, swayed snakelike as his demon eyes considered the human. "Other planets you say?" His feeding hand stretched, enzyme running to the tips of his talons. "How many?"

Reese's hand shot out like an arrow and gripped Third's wrist in a vice. ~Do not tempt me Third, or you will regret waking from your last hibernation.~ She hissed, her snarl woud please any Hive Queen, her golden eyes venomous and she bared her pointed canines, dripping with enzyme. Throwing his hand back with force and releasing it she then spoke calmly. "It is irrelevent the number Third, the fact that this is happening should make us fear. With rapidly dwindling food stocks, it will lead to open war between hives. The sooner we get to the bottom of this and find the cause, the better." She turned her head to thalinus.

Originally posted by KyshaMalini View Post
                          Spoiler:

For a moment he regretted speaking of the other planets. But no, withholding information would hold more danger for him in the long run, and at any rate it had been said now. "At least one other world, likely more. The rebel Genii are trading these people for their own protection."

"Tell me Thalinus, these cullings, they are leaving a few behind, perhaps as witnesses to spread fear, yes?"
                          Last edited by RogueRanger; 23 February 2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
                            {Bullseye}

Spoiler:
                            Bullseye sensed that his lessons on the ship’s sensory input were being understood and eagerly absorbed. He was glad to have another cleverman on board who liked to accumulate knowledge for the sake of knowledge, like their old Commander.

His eyes widened, impressed with Glade’s ambitions, then stopped blinking as he peered intently at the readings from the ships nearing Bakun before answering the last question. With almost 6,000 years of life experience, he could have accomplished more notable feats or risen in rank, but he had no political ambitions, valued his free time, and chose to divide on-duty time between learning skills from both blades and clevermen. Not specializing made him well-rounded, but outclassed in every field. Enjoying his own life took precedence, especially in these uncertain times that almost saw him dead aboard the Daedalus and turned each time he had to feed into a risk that the Hoffan plague would make it has last. Yet, there was one area he wanted to know more about, and like Glade’s field of interest, the lost knowledge made it difficult.

~ I most enjoy working with organic technology. Learning more about hive maintenance and reconfiguration is an interest, but those with such knowledge are rarer than ever. I hope time and fortune favor us both in our goals. This hive is the most likely one to give us those chances.~

{Glade}

~I agree. Maintaining our ships is certainly one of our highest priorites. A very worthy field of interest.~ Glade felt silly for having such high-flying ideas and realised he could learn much from the calm, older Wraith.

Not wanting to seem like a blabbing lazybone, Glade hesitated and thought for a moment before sharing more of his story. At first he wasn't sure if he could tell Bullseye about strategic issues of his birth-hive but the young Wraith realised his allegiance was now with this hive. ~You are right. There are very few of us who know to heal and handle a hiveship. On my original hive there was only one cleverman who knew how to fix major problems. And even he would run out of options if the ship sustained severe damage - like for example the one we have just now. He often mourned the loss of the knowledge of the ancestors too.~

He noded in agreement at Bullseye's stament that this hive would be their best chance in achieving their goals.

{Rhys}

Rhys observed the exchange between Third, the child and the human with interest. Her attitude was, as always, charming and he felt his own feeding hand clenching in frustration. A taste of what he would have to endure when working with her. 'Maybe I get lucky and she will leave the project entirely to me, seeing as she's so intent to leave the hive', he hoped.

He felt a wave of telepathic annoyance directed at his presence and turned to look at a bridge technician - a young blade who was apparently wondering why Rhys bothered to take up space on the bridge without contributing anything to the work going on. Without granting an answer Rhys turned his attention back to the conversation, it was far more important to gain intelligence than dealing with insolent younglings. Yet he felt the need to retaliate and lashed out with his mind to remind the technician to better focus on his work and to not question the actions of superiors. Eyes bulging, the technician hissed in sudden headache and bend over his compupter screen, not daring to look at Rhys again.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                              {Glade}
                              Spoiler:

{Glade}

~I agree. Maintaining our ships is certainly one of our highest priorites. A very worthy field of interest.~ Glade felt silly for having such high-flying ideas and realised he could learn much from the calm, older Wraith.

Not wanting to seem like a blabbing lazybone, Glade hesitated and thought for a moment before sharing more of his story. At first he wasn't sure if he could tell Bullseye about strategic issues of his birth-hive but the young Wraith realised his allegiance was now with this hive. ~You are right. There are very few of us who know to heal and handle a hiveship. On my original hive there was only one cleverman who knew how to fix major problems. And even he would run out of options if the ship sustained severe damage - like for example the one we have just now. He often mourned the loss of the knowledge of the ancestors too.~

He noded in agreement at Bullseye's stament that this hive would be their best chance in achieving their goals.

{Bullseye}

~ Of course, the science of genetics is more important than ever now as well. If I had the aptitude to contribute solutions for the feeding issues, I would, but my strengths are more in the mechanical fields. ~

Bullseye tried to imagine someone like himself or the Chief Engineer Hasten keeping up with hive damage with limited knowledge. He kept his thoughts to himself that the birth hive of the apprentice sounded like it was doomed, if it wasn’t wiped out already. He wondered about the nature of the Queen that ran it, if it still had a Queen. Having so few clevermen was as much of a weakness as not having enough blades or warriors.

Then, his mind bent toward the lessened number of warriors the First Watch Captain and Handler Ease had to direct now. Steelflower, although convincing enough that those like the Dart Master Precision were enthralled by her, would not be creating batches of replacement warriors for the hive.

If Glades’s birthhive had an inexperienced or malleable Queen on board, perhaps her hive could be absorbed into this alliance. For the potential benefit of both hives, it was worth a try to get more information.

~ It sounds like your birth hive doesn’t have many on board. Is the Queen young? ~

Comment

Two reports were entered in the system, issued by two different clevermen. 1) The hibernation pods had been repaired. 2) The latest readings of the hull density indicated the hive was healed and ready for hyperspace flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X