No announcement yet.

The First Ones (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaka was cool, but I wonder if communication with an alien without a common language would really be that easy, especially in a situation where misunderstanding could result in instant death.

I did enjoy the humor in the episode, though.
    sigpic

Comment

Of course it wouldn't, but they only have so much time (and viewers only have so much tolerance for boredom).

Seaboe.
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Maybe it would as far as very basic communication is concerned. It would depend on the intelligence of the species involved - and look at children from different countries, they can communicate after a very short time.
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

I don't know how I liked it before, but I really enjoyed this episode. I love the story, the friendship, the exploration, the history, the people, the Unas -- everything really.

Too bad, though, that Rothman had to bite the dust. I kinda liked that guy.

They locate the planet from where all Goa'uld originate, and find out that the Unas still live there, like the cavemen a long time ago on Earth, cave drawings included. Daniel gets kidnapped by one and strikes up a beautiful first-contact friendship.

I love Dion Johnstone's portrayal of Chaka. It's really hard to convey emotions when your entire face is covered in make-up and prostetics, but he does it so brilliantly. His lens-covered eyes -- just wow. Such an impressive performance.

Yes, definitely love this episode to bits.

Also, the first one where P90's come in use.

How would you rate SG-1's "The First Ones?"

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible

This concludes week 25 (which was last week -- this week is 26 by the way, so that'll follow suit).

3-episode quiz: Window Of Opportunity, Watergate & The First Ones

Jigsaw puzzle: The First Ones
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 06 April 2018, 03:05 PM.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

9:49?
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
              9:49?
              That's a well done from me.

Comment

This episode bores me. I do think it's important to show that the Unas have intelligence even if they are primitive. But the whole language barrier episode has been done and I have never been a fan. I keep waiting for the episode swing back to SG1 so I can get some action. I don't like the foundation as the origins of the Goa'uld. Too bad it was dropped. I solved the puzzle 4 minutes and 7 seconds faster than Who Knows. I also got 14/15.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I have to admit that I find it rather difficult to advance with the watching in season 4 cause there are so few episodes that I really want to rewatch again (nothing like my aversion of Demons in season 3).

Comment

But you must. Season 5 is my favorite
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Season 5 is my favorite
                      Oh yes, looking forward to season 5 so much... ... it's the literal price for finishing season 4.

Comment

Season 5 has the fewest episodes I really like of all of them up to Season 8 (given that I hate, hate, hate the Ori and Merlin story lines, I'm sure you'll understand that the episodes I like in Seasons 9 & 10 are thin on the ground)

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I solved the puzzle 4 minutes and 7 seconds faster than Who Knows. I also got 14/15.
                          Everybody solves the jigsaw faster than Who Knows, but could I ask for clarification of your statement?
                          Is that, "I solved the puzzle (in) 4 minutes and 7 seconds, (which is) faster than Who Knows?
                          or you solved it in 5 minutes and 42 seconds, which is 4 minutes and 7 seconds faster than who Knows did it?
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                            Season 5 has the fewest episodes I really like of all of them up to Season 8 (given that I hate, hate, hate the Ori and Merlin story lines, I'm sure you'll understand that the episodes I like in Seasons 9 & 10 are thin on the ground)
                            Season 8 is my snorefest so I think season 4 is remarkably great compared to that.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                            Everybody solves the jigsaw faster than Who Knows, but could I ask for clarification of your statement?
                            Is that, "I solved the puzzle (in) 4 minutes and 7 seconds, (which is) faster than Who Knows?
                            or you solved it in 5 minutes and 42 seconds, which is 4 minutes and 7 seconds faster than who Knows did it?
                            I think he meant 4 minutes faster so 5 minutes and change.

Comment

The Season 8 episodes I like are all at the beginning of the season, I admit.

And I've just never gotten as into Atlantis as I did SG1 (I still have the DVDs, though, and there are certain episodes I really like).

Seaboe

Comment

I hate S8 with a passion. Everything between New Order and Reckoning is so boring. The whole reduced RDA schedule hurt the show
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X