Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    Spoiler:
    Lizzie believes it's the famous 'Kiss of Death'. You know, when a couple finally gets together, only to have one of them die right after? That's my working theory ATM.

Actually, I was surprised it didn't bother me that much. I'm usually not a blood-and-gore fan, but in this case I felt it was justified. It made Dean's sacrifice even greater, having to face what he did at the fangs and claws of the hellhounds. Actually, the next shot where Dean is hanging from those hooks, calling for Sam was a lot worse for me.

Did you like the way vampires were portrayed on Spn?
    I actually really do. I like that they don't follow most of the vampire cliches and stereotypes. Nothing I hate more in a show than predictability and/or unoriginality.

Do you like the idea of the Colt (or too much of a deus ex machina that solves everything)?

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
      Do you like the idea of the Colt (or too much of a deus ex machina that solves everything)?
      It was a good way to get rid of the YED, (S5)
      Spoiler:
      but I am not so sure if I like the idea that the colt also does kill Lucifer, its a little bight to mighty there.

Speaking of plot devices: don't you think that it is a little bit easy to bind a demon with some symbols?
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
        Speaking of plot devices: don't you think that it is a little bit easy to bind a demon with some symbols?
        Well, we perceive demons as these superhuman beings, they needed to find some way the boys could fight back. And symbols have always played a great part, like fighting vampires with crosses. So I'll accept that. What I find hard to believe, though, is that the demons (and angels) usually fight with their fists. I mean, shouldn't they have all these supernatural powers?

S5
        Spoiler:
        Do you think Bobby will eve walk again?

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

S5
          Spoiler:
          Do you think Bobby will eve walk again?
          Spoiler:
          I'm thinking he won't. Too easy an out, and Kripke is all about consequences.

Do you think Supernatural's story is conducive to producing a viable spin-off, sans Jared and Jensen? (is there anyone else in the Supernatural world that you think is compelling enough to carry a full-fledged series?)

Comment

Do you think Supernatural's story is conducive to producing a viable spin-off, sans Jared and Jensen? (is there anyone else in the Supernatural world that you think is compelling enough to carry a full-fledged series?)
            I don't think so. The Supernatural mythology pretty much already uses everything we have in the western world, we eventually will have something like a fight between angels and demons or God and Lucifer, its kinda hard to top this. And getting the leftovers won't carry a series.

Spoiler:
            Speaking of - do you think we will see the celebrity deathmatch with Sam and Dean as vessels?
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
              Spoiler:
              Speaking of - do you think we will see the celebrity deathmatch with Sam and Dean as vessels?
              S5
              Spoiler:
              Actually, I don't even think the writers know at the moment... I'm still trying to interpret that scene at the hospital where we saw what carrying an archangel inside did to that vessel. So if they decide to go with it, it will be the end for Sam and Dean one way or the other - either getting killed by the other, or turning into a vegetable. So this outcome will depend on whether there will be a 6th season.

I would like to think that the boys find a way to shape their own destiny and NOT go down this supposedly ordained path.

Have you ever had a Purple Nurple, and would you try one if you could?

sigpic

Comment

I suppose I'd try a sip to see if it taste as much like grape Kool-Aid as it looks like it does. But I actually don't drink (not for any pious moral reasons, simply despise the taste). Still, I'd be curious. Actually, now that I think about it, I think the recipe for it was in the season 2 companion book.

Do you like that Azazel, Ruby, Lilith, Meg, etc. get played by different actors each time?

Comment

I suppose I'd try a sip to see if it taste as much like grape Kool-Aid as it looks like it does. But I actually don't drink (not for any pious moral reasons, simply despise the taste). Still, I'd be curious. Actually, now that I think about it, I think the recipe for it was in the season 2 companion book.

Do you like that Azazel, Ruby, Lilith, Meg, etc. get played by different actors each time?
                  I'm kinda torn about this. On the one hand I hate to lose a 'form' I've become used or even attached to, on the other hand it's great to watch how other actors carry on the mannerisms of earlier interpretations, showing the continuity. Although I must say, it's Jared who takes the cake in playing another character to perfection. His performance as Meg was spot on. I could never make the switch from S3 to S4 Ruby, though. They seemed like totally different characters.

What do creeps you out more - the spooky or the gory bits?

Sorry, another open question, I know. But the alternative would be to pick one category and have you agree or disagree, and that's creating prejudice already - that's my marketing research background kicking in here.

sigpic

Comment

What do creeps you out more - the spooky or the gory bits?

Sorry, another open question, I know. But the alternative would be to pick one category and have you agree or disagree, and that's creating prejudice already - that's my marketing research background kicking in here.
                    Like I said, it really doesn't bother me. The toughest part for me about coming up with a question IS putting it in yes/no form without putting in my own personal slant.

Forgive my rambling while I try and sort this out in my own mind. I am not a fan of horror in general. Mostly because of the things jumping at you, but the OTT gore also gets me. After so many episode of Supernatural, I have noticed I can now usually anticipate both the spooky and the gore, which takes away a bit from the shock. And WHEN I can see them both coming, I notice lately that I enjoy the spooky, but still turn away when I see a circular saw or a garbage disposal come into frame!...so I guess my answer would be the gore?

Is there any specific episode you really wish had been expanded more? Like there was more to tell, it felt too rushed, or the story was just too good to end where it did?

Comment

Forgive my rambling while I try and sort this out in my own mind. I am not a fan of horror in general. Mostly because of the things jumping at you, but the OTT gore also gets me. After so many episode of Supernatural, I have noticed I can now usually anticipate both the spooky and the gore, which takes away a bit from the shock. And WHEN I can see them both coming, I notice lately that I enjoy the spooky, but still turn away when I see a circular saw or a garbage disposal come into frame!...so I guess my answer would be the gore?
                      I'm telling you, it's spooky how you mirror my own thoughts...

Is there any specific episode you really wish had been expanded more? Like there was more to tell, it felt too rushed, or the story was just too good to end where it did?
                      Actually, I can't think of one offhand. The writers have been doing an amazing job at telling the stories and tying up lose ends, even if it's seasons later. One episode that appeared a bit rushed IMO was Sympathy for the Devil. I think they tried to cram a bit much into that one, so it left a few question marks. For example when Dean had the time to draw the blood sigil on the sliding door. But I can forgive them for it, considering what an awesome season premier it was.

Do you agree with the spn.tv poll that Alistair is the best Spn villain ever?

sigpic

Comment

Do you agree with the spn.tv poll that Alistair is the best Spn villain ever?
                        I have to say that as awesome as Alistair was, I don't agree with the poll. In my opinion Azazel was the best villain. This guy managed to trick everybody into playing right into his hands, even after he was dead. Now, that is awesome villainy.

Do you think God will ever show up?
                        sigpic
                        Awesome sig by Laura
                        "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
                        Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Salamas View Post
                          I have to say that as awesome as Alistair was, I don't agree with the poll. In my opinion Azazel was the best villain. This guy managed to trick everybody into playing right into his hands, even after he was dead. Now, that is awesome villainy.

Do you think God will ever show up?
                          In the name of balance it would definitely make sense, now that we've met the devil. And anyway (S5 spoiler)
                          Spoiler:
                          it's been confirmed by Kripke that he will make an appearance at the end of S5, at the latest in the season finale.

In a direct fight between Lucifer and the archangel Michael, do you think Heaven would triumph over Hell?

sigpic

Comment

In a direct fight between Lucifer and the archangel Michael, do you think Heaven would triumph over Hell?
                            In general, I would hope so because that is what my religion believes. In the context of the show (just in case spoilers, can't remember what all we've already revealed about S5 here):
                            Spoiler:
                            I would hope so because I am a Deangirl through and through and I ALWAYS want Dean to win!

Got this question from some fan complaints Kripke has talked about over the seasons. Do you think the show unfairly highlights one brother more than the other?

Comment

Got this question from some fan complaints Kripke has talked about over the seasons. Do you think the show unfairly highlights one brother more than the other?
                              Well, it seems to me that Dean is getting a bit more attention in respect to plot lines - but being a Dean girl this may be only my impression because I can't get enough of him. I think on the whole it's pretty balanced, with both boys getting episodes that concentrate on their character development, while still including the other half. I did notice, though, that we already had a couple of double Dean episodes, but none with double Sam...

Did you enjoy the time travelling episodes on the show, and did they make sense to you in terms of cause and effect?

sigpic

Comment

Did you enjoy the time travelling episodes on the show, and did they make sense to you in terms of cause and effect?
                                In general, on any show, I dislike time travel and AU because it is too easy to cheat on consequences by either saying "But it didn't really happen" or by saying "We can't change the timeline, we can't change the timeline"...then they do. But I like how Supernatural has done it. In the past, nothing WAS really changed. And the future was interesting enough, I was engrossed anyway! Do they make sense to me? Never, they always hurt my head!

Do you think the pilot episode is still a good representation of what the show is about as a whole now that we are 4.5 years into it? (make sense?)

Comment

Working...
                                X