This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    Annoyed is a straight, old, single man with no kids. Of course he gets to decide when women he's never met, and will never meet, get to reproduce.

It's called small government PH
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      I'm still waiting for your excuse to exercise the death penalty, cause your flashing your double standards right now.
      Don't forget how much he loves the military.. No one ever dies when they're involved

Comment

It's called small government PH
        It sounds like he wants the government to micromanage people's lives. To interfere with something that should be an extremely personal decision for the people directly involved.

Not something for some old man on the other side of the country to get involved with.

Comment

It sounds like he wants the government to micromanage people's lives. To interfere with something that should be an extremely personal decision for the people directly involved.

Not something for some old man on the other side of the country to get involved with.
          It's one of the hardest decisions any woman can make, one I have not been personally involved in making directly, but I -know- and have helped out a friend who has, and there was nothing light, nor flippant about it. It was the hardest and most devastating decision she had to make after her then boyfriend walked away from her when he found out and affected her life for a long, long time.
          sigpic

Comment

It's one of the hardest decisions any woman can make, one I have not been personally involved in making directly, but I -know- and have helped out a friend who has, and there was nothing light, nor flippant about it. It was the hardest and most devastating decision she had to make after her then boyfriend walked away from her when he found out and affected her life for a long, long time.
            And the last thing anyone needs when going through something like this is some crazy old man on the other side of the internet demanding he has the right to decide, right?

Because he's crazy and old, and for some reason is using the god he claims to not really believe in as justification for his opinion being the only one that matters. When he's never met the people involved, and will never meet them. And has decided that a cell cluster is more important, and has more rights than the woman it is inside of.

And what's even stranger is, if he gets his way, he'll condemn it to death as a worthless parasite the second it is born if it's parents even think of asking for help looking after it.

Comment

And the last thing anyone needs when going through something like this is some crazy old man on the other side of the internet demanding he have the right to decide, right?
              Anyone having the right to decide besides her, but yes, I get what you are saying, just like the last thing they need is to go through a sea of protesters yelling and screaming at them that they are murderers, or you know shooting at them because that's somehow justified homicide, murdering a "murderer"

Because he's crazy and old, and for some reason is using the god he claims to not really believe in as justification for his opinion being the only one that matters. When he's never met the people involved, will never meet them. And has decided that a cell cluster is more important and has more rights than the woman it is inside of.
              Hey, guess what, The young lady I am speaking about could not go to her parents for that very reason
              Just to add to her despair, ya know cause that's what she needed right then............

And what's even stranger is if he gets his way he'll condemn it to death as a worthless parasite the second it is born if it's parents even think of asking for help looking after it.
              But, but, they should have thought ahead, because all pregnancies are planned.............. (and consensual)
              sigpic

Comment

Annoyed is a straight, old, single man with no kids. Of course he gets to decide when women he's never met, and will never meet, get to reproduce.

In Scotland, England and Wales, abortion is legal as long as certain legal conditions are met. You can read about it here in this Scottish Government website.

One of the points is:

"Whatever the reason, and provided the legal conditions are met, it is the pregnant woman's right to choose to have an abortion or not."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                  In Scotland, England and Wales, abortion is legal as long as certain legal conditions are met. You can read about it here in this Scottish Government website.

One of the points is:

"Whatever the reason, and provided the legal conditions are met, it is the pregnant woman's right to choose to have an abortion or not."
                  The problem here Dips is not weather it is -legal-, (cause it is legal) but weather anyone else has the right to make that decision, weather the government should pay for it (which they don't, which is probably the same as it is in Scotland) and at what point can (or should?) you stop the procedure from going ahead.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    You just don't like or accept my stance that no govt. $ be used to provide abortions. If they want to provide other services, and want assistance, they can stop doing abortions.
                    And yet again, who are you to decide what a woman does with her body?

Answer the damn question.
                    You are already earmarked as a male chauvinistic pig --- how much worse could you possibly make that image?

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    and B) Gee whizz.. He's a classmate of Obama, who JUST so happens to be in Hawaii, and JUST so happened to have a dinner date, 40 minutes out of his way from where he was playing golf, at a restaurant that is JUST 5 minutes from where this judge lives..
                    We all got outraged with the tarmack meeting between Bill and Loretta Lynch..
                    So why is THAT coincidence not being spoken of??
                    Have you been drinkingAlisa's coolaid again?

So cause of political speech (which last time i looked was still protected), that should 'trump' the written article itself?
                    Garhkal, let me make this abundantly clear: I asked you what makes the ban constitutional in your opinion.

I KNOW POTUS HAS THAT ****IN' POWER!!
                    I read about it weeks ago when the first EO was signed.

He just doesn't have a good enough reason to make it happen, otherwise it wouldn't be this easy to block it -- not just once, but twice.

IT IS cause of that sort of mentality, that i feel no matter WHAT logic/reasons/facts Trump had on his side, i feel ALL These liberals would still be frothing at the mouth, and goign to their favored liberal activist judges to halt it.

Try educating yourself -- you might like the power that comes with knowledge. It would give you weapons to fight those bleedin' libtards making your life a living hell.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    This is one of the most interesting aspects of the whole debate on reproductive responsibility.
                    By any moral, ethical or other standard, save one, the responsibility lies equally with both the man and the woman.

The problem is the one standard where it is not equal. This standard is not defined by man, it is defined by God, Goddess, Evolution, or whatever process you believe led to our existence.

Women bear the children in their bodies. There is nothing anyone can do about this. As a result, like it or not, ethical or not, they have more to risk than a male does. Therefore, it is incumbent upon them to be more careful in their choices of who to take their pants off for. Is it fair? No. But since it cannot be changed, it is a fact they must accept.
                    And you walked right into that one with your eyes wide open...

Of course, it's a woman's choice to act in her best interests (and quite possible in case of unwanted pregnancies in the case of the unborn child).

Pro-birthers don't care what happens to the (unwanted) children afterwards. And what is it that I heard recently, prenatal care's also being taken out of health care insurance.

Way to go getting that maternal mortality rate to go up in a country which is classified as first-world.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The problem here Dips is not weather it is -legal-, (cause it is legal) but weather anyone else has the right to make that decision, weather the government should pay for it (which they don't, which is probably the same as it is in Scotland) and at what point can (or should?) you stop the procedure from going ahead.
                      I was just trying to show that it is legal and a woman's right, and that the Scottish Government points this out.

If you read the link I gave, you will see that women can have an abortion through the NHS, therefore they don't have to pay for it. (Not directly, as the NHS is mainly funded from general taxation and National Insurance contributions.)
                      sigpic

Comment

I was just trying to show that it is legal and a woman's right, and that the Scottish Government points this out.
                        Indeed, and it is legal in the US, and here as well. I am in full agreement with you
                        If you read the link I gave, you will see that women can have an abortion through the NHS, therefore they don't have to pay for it. (Not directly, as the NHS is mainly funded from general taxation and National Insurance contributions.)
                        Ahh, I thought the NHS would not cover it, Medicare out here covers some of it, not all of it.

Not disputing you Bev, just merely trying to make sure we all know what we are talking about here
                        sigpic

Comment

Indeed, and it is legal in the US, and here as well. I am in full agreement with you

Ahh, I thought the NHS would not cover it, Medicare out here covers some of it, not all of it.

Not disputing you Bev, just merely trying to make sure we all know what we are talking about here
                          Under the headline 'Where can abortions take place?' in the link I posted:

"Abortions can be carried out for free in an NHS hospital or clinic or can be paid for at a private clinic."
                          sigpic

Comment

Let's give some women who got abortion(s) for various reasons the stage, shall we:

Why we need to talk about abortion: eight women share their experiences [2015]
                            Eight women talk about their abortions and why it needs to remain, or become, a free-access medical procedure for all

WARNING: there's graphic imagery in the above stories. Also mention of menstrual blood, something that looks like a loogie (whatever that is) and womb-content.

6 Women Talk About Why They Had Abortions [2016]
                            "People don't think about what it means to make these choices when it isn't them."
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Loogie = Spit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Let's give some women who got abortion(s) for various reasons the stage, shall we:

Why we need to talk about abortion: eight women share their experiences [2015]
                                Eight women talk about their abortions and why it needs to remain, or become, a free-access medical procedure for all

WARNING: there's graphic imagery in the above stories. Also mention of menstrual blood, something that looks like a loogie (whatever that is) and womb-content.

6 Women Talk About Why They Had Abortions [2016]
                                "People don't think about what it means to make these choices when it isn't them."
                                But what about the single, old men? Why don't they get a say?!

Comment

Working...
                                X