GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    I just had to laugh...can just imagine it now...should I be one of the fortunate to get a charmed pass...a little washing machine or dryer charm for my wine glass...oh yeah...it's bad enough I dream of work almost every week...but to be reminded of it on my holidays...oh joy!!
    I had a frog...since it's something I used to collect. Jeff got a game joystick. *blinks* And yes...that discussion was had, and included Amanda. *headesk* She fit RIGHT in with our table...

They send out a questionnaire to get the feel (stoppp it, dirty minds!!) of people and know what to make. The charms are all handmade.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    We get them in the Uk too and I'm slightly obsessed with them. Ever since I was a little girl, I was addicted!
    Mmmm...Jaffa cakes.

They go stale too quickly, though.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    We don't even have a hint of a date and already we're planning the chocolate tasting. I love this thread! My only suggestion along those lines is maybe we each bring a little less chocolate. There was too much for even us to handle last time. (Although it was then shared with others at AT3)
    A LITTLE LESS CHOCOLATE!?!?!

*gapes*

I will be partaking next time...so...don't downsize...

LOL
    Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

Did I ever tell you about the giant foot wide Jaffa cake I made? It was a work of awesomeness.
      Tittamire.... to quote Ashley: "Stop it! You're turning me on!"

*gigglesnort* Okay I just almost spit out the soda I was drinking...
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

We don't even have a hint of a date and already we're planning the chocolate tasting. I love this thread! My only suggestion along those lines is maybe we each bring a little less chocolate. There was too much for even us to handle last time. (Although it was then shared with others at AT3)
        I just finished up the last penguin this week. All that's left is a piece of rose-favored chocolate I can't bring myself to foist off on anyone. It's very lonely, but I tried one at AT3. Never again. Smells great though.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
          I just finished up the last penguin this week. All that's left is a piece of rose-favored chocolate I can't bring myself to foist off on anyone. It's very lonely, but I tried one at AT3. Never again. Smells great though.

suse
          My favorite at the moment is chocolate with tiny bits of caramel.
          I did have chocolate bananas with me but I never made it to the chocolate tasting.

*puts chocolate tasting on to do list*

I hope those going to see Me so Lovely and those going to Gatecon have fun! We expect reports!

Comment

ah yes, the rose flavored chocolate. I have some of that.

a quite unique taste to be sure.

i still have my smurf sticks, haven't opened those yet
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Amy doesn't like jaffa cakes. That's what she told me (And then proceeded to eat half a packet of the things!).
              You do realize that I'm not talking about Jaffa cakes right??? We get Jaffa cakes here too but the Jaffa's I have are little red balls of chocolate...and you should all know by now how the balls are best eaten!!
              Originally posted by ames View Post
              I seriously appreciate the offer chelle, but Jaffa's aren't my fav dessert. I mean, I'll gladly eat them if they're around, but ... now if you felt the need to send some penguins on journeys around the world, that'd be another story! LOL =D They looked so good at the chocolate tasting at AT3!!! You got pics of those being intro'd and muchly appreciated, right? If not, PM me and I'll send some (more) along... I really hope we get to do the international choc tasting again at AT4! Yum....
              I went shopping tonight with the kids...something I loathe doing as shopping is certainly not my forte...and I couldn't resist popping into nearly every chocolate shop I came across...which thank goodness wasn't too many...anyhoo, I found a chocolate shop that sells chocolate penguins...not like the ones at AT3...but they had sold out of them so one day when I work up the courage to venture back down to the shops, I shall try to purchase some and then I shall PM you!!
              I think you'd love the Jaffa's....but if you are willing to wait til next year to sample them, then that's cool with me!!
              Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
              *gapes*
              LOL
              I was going to bring more penguins, Jaffa's and caramel Koala's...is that too much???
              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              Smurf sticks??? Oh that is too cute!!! I love Smurfs!!! My favourite is Papa smurf coz he's old!!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Aahh with five other people in the house the chocolate I bought home went in record time....though I did keep a packet of the smurf sticks for myself...they were fantastic!
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Lol, yeah the smurf sticks. They sizzle as well When I told some people (in RL) that I would represent Holland with smurfs sticks, they thought I was nuts. They are not very Dutch, but they are so fun lol.

We definitely have to do the chocolate thingy again. And after the succes of the last one, and all the talking about it, I'm sure even more people are going to join. So yeah, we should restrict the amount of chocolate, it almost didn't fit on the table last time lol.

PB & jello was a bit too much imo. It's such a busy weekend.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry - did you say LESS chocolate? *blinks*
                    I ... I ... I think I'm speechless!
                    Although we did manage to cover that table ... maybe the key is to try to finagle (sp?) a slightly better time slot, so more ppl can partake! That way we get MORE chocolate, which seems much more natural

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post

*gapes*

LOL
                    Yeah! What she said

Ooh - those smurf sticks were awesome!

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    You do realize that I'm not talking about Jaffa cakes right??? We get Jaffa cakes here too but the Jaffa's I have are little red balls of chocolate...and you should all know by now how the balls are best eaten!!

I went shopping tonight with the kids...something I loathe doing as shopping is certainly not my forte...and I couldn't resist popping into nearly every chocolate shop I came across...which thank goodness wasn't too many...anyhoo, I found a chocolate shop that sells chocolate penguins...not like the ones at AT3...but they had sold out of them so one day when I work up the courage to venture back down to the shops, I shall try to purchase some and then I shall PM you!!
                    I think you'd love the Jaffa's....but if you are willing to wait til next year to sample them, then that's cool with me!!

I was going to bring more penguins, Jaffa's and caramel Koala's...is that too much???

Smurf sticks??? Oh that is too cute!!! I love Smurfs!!! My favourite is Papa smurf coz he's old!!!
                    Ooooh - well in that case ... *grin* I will def be looking forward to trying your Jaffa balls! Wait ... um ... that didn't *quite* come out right
                    And no, that's not too much. We don't have that many ppl representing AU, afterall Variety is the spice of life - and an international choc tasting party as well!!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    Lol, yeah the smurf sticks. They sizzle as well When I told some people (in RL) that I would represent Holland with smurfs sticks, they thought I was nuts. They are not very Dutch, but they are so fun lol.

We definitely have to do the chocolate thingy again. And after the succes of the last one, and all the talking about it, I'm sure even more people are going to join. So yeah, we should restrict the amount of chocolate, it almost didn't fit on the table last time lol.

PB & jello was a bit too much imo. It's such a busy weekend.
                    True enough ... although the jello was just fun. Maybe we can make copious amounts of the bluey goodness and just leave them in strategically chosen corners for people to try on their own schedules? ...and then have randomly blue-tongued people showing up in pics... hehehe.

As another thought, someone had mentioned a while ago that we hadn't tried for a Guiness record at AT3, so perhaps we could combine the two at AT4 - the largest gathering of ppl concurrently eating blue jello?
                    ...imagines the pics...*grins*
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                      True enough ... although the jello was just fun. Maybe we can make copious amounts of the bluey goodness and just leave them in strategically chosen corners for people to try on their own schedules? ...and then have randomly blue-tongued people showing up in pics... hehehe.

As another thought, someone had mentioned a while ago that we hadn't tried for a Guiness record at AT3, so perhaps we could combine the two at AT4 - the largest gathering of ppl concurrently eating blue jello?
                      ...imagines the pics...*grins*
                      That are good ideas!!
                      I did like the blue jello, just the getting together was a bit much.

And caramel Koala's Chelle .... sounds great
                      sigpic

Comment

I was finally able to upload all my pictures from my trip around London and Ireland after AT3.

If you are interested, you can view them here.

Comment

I missed the chocolate tasting because I didn't hear the announcment. Though I probably wasn't paying attention to be honest. Someone must have been holding up something shiny. So I definitely hope to make the next one. It would be nice to do the jello at the same time too because I am much more of a jello guzzler consumer than a chocolate eater. I'm not big on PB so that part doesn't bother me much.

Consequently I've got about 7 photo's of Sky just stacking multi-coloured jello cups one on top of the other
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry to report that there is no 43 million dollar lottery win. In fact, almost none of your "lucky" numbers came up!

I see that my suggestion of a little less chocolate is causing near rioting in the streets.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                              I missed the chocolate tasting because I didn't hear the announcment. Though I probably wasn't paying attention to be honest. Someone must have been holding up something shiny. So I definitely hope to make the next one. It would be nice to do the jello at the same time too because I am much more of a jello guzzler consumer than a chocolate eater. I'm not big on PB so that part doesn't bother me much.

Consequently I've got about 7 photo's of Sky just stacking multi-coloured jello cups one on top of the other
                              I didnt make it either so dont feel bad. I'm not much of a chocolate eater so that was my main reason for skipping the get-together even though I *did* know when and where it was going to take place. My only regret in missing it is the group GW pic they took there...the one and only of the weekend it seems. Figures with my luck. If I had known that was going to take place I most likely would have shown up anyways.

I took a few pics from the jello party too. Heh...here's one from that afternoon. (Spoiled for size)

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

That was an important test of the jello-makers jello making skills *nods solemnly*
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X