Daedalus vs. Andromeda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    So why make a thread in the first place?
    Because I like both shows and I like thinking about ships from different shows getting into battle with each other and to see what other people say.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
      Androemda pretty much smacks the ass of almost every other ship in any popular TV sci-fi series, and those that it can't it can run away from for effectively forever.
      Would it beat Galactica? (I'm asking Ouroboros specifically).
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        galactica is a p***sy compared to most sci fi ships imo, if the shielded deadalus and uber Odysessy can't take on andromeda then Galactica sure as hell can't....heck deadalus would own galactica

(sorry i thought i'd add my views lol)
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by 123NotIt View Post
          Nope, but SG humans can blow up a star too though.
          Andromeda has enough nova bombs to blow up 40 suns, and she can mount them on her FTL capable fighters.

Originally posted by Ripple In Space
          What do you think?

Yes, I doubt poor Adama would even know he was under attack before it got him. Their dradis might not even detect Andromeda through her passive stealth measures.

You could probably take every ship in the BSG show from both sides, stick them in a massive fleet together and the Andromeda would still kill them all in a matter of minutes.

I'm serious, it really is that superior.

It could probably do something not to dissimilar to a stargate fleet. Some of the gate ships have weapons that could potentially damage it but they'll never ever hit it with those slow moving blobs they fire, not a chance in hell.

To Andromeda point blank knife fight range is considered to be 4 light seconds, the range where it's AP canons are useful. Normal combat ranges are typically light minutes. Nothing in gate or BSG can even come close to touching that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
            Andromeda has enough nova bombs to blow up 40 suns, and she can mount them on her FTL capable fighters.

What do you think?

Yes, I doubt poor Adama would even know he was under attack before it got him. Their dradis might not even detect Andromeda through her passive stealth measures.

You could probably take every ship in the BSG show from both sides, stick them in a massive fleet together and the Andromeda would still kill them all in a matter of minutes.

I'm serious, it really is that superior.

It could probably do something not to dissimilar to a stargate fleet. Some of the gate ships have weapons that could potentially damage it but they'll never ever hit it with those slow moving blobs they fire, not a chance in hell.

To Andromeda point blank knife fight range is considered to be 4 light seconds, the range where it's AP canons are useful. Normal combat ranges are typically light minutes. Nothing in gate or BSG can even come close to touching that.
            ok how does it compare to the best star wars has to offer?
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              ok how does it compare to the best star wars has to offer?
              I guess I'm the designated Andromeda expert now huh.

Star Wars is basically in the same boat as Stargate. They have weapons that could likely harm the Andromeda but they have the same problem of actually managing to hit it with any of them.

To effectively engage Rommie here you need one of two things. Weapons that travel faster than light in some manner, or homing weapons like missiles. if you do go missiles they also had better be fast, and very hard to shoot down, because the majority of Andromeda's defences are designed around a missile swarm attack.

Dumbfire "beam" type weapons like those used by most sci-fi series, even lightspeed beams like true lasers are considered short range (4 lightseconds) weapons only in Andromeda verse. This is because after more than 4 seconds of flight time the odds of the ship you're shooting at actually being where you predicted it would be 4 seconds ago when you fired start to get pretty slim. Obviously this effective range would vary depending on how small fast and manuverable the thing you were shooting at actually was. I don't think Androemda could nail its own fighters at 4 lightseconds for example but by the same token it could probably nail something like Galactica or a Wraith hive from ten times that distance with dumbfire weapons.

Comment

With a name like mine do I really have to say that I concur whole-heartedly?

I thoroughly enjoyed the show for 2 and a half seasons, and in hindsight it had a lot to do with the ship(s).
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Okay, this is probably as one-sided as pitting the Daedalus against the Lexx.

That being said, the post-Unending Odyssey might stand a better chance, although it's hard to say what the odds are that it'll win.

And with regards to Star Wars vessels, you should see the official specs for their ships, they're absolutely ridiculous. Based on official calculations alone, someone once noted that even something like Boba's Slave-1 would probably be able to destroy a Sovereign-class Federation cruiser without much effort.

Comment

Aren't the torpedoes in Star Trek warp capable? So since there faster then light they should be able to take out the Andromeda.

Comment

but cant Andromeda take hits from multiple micro black holes and survive I seem to remember that happening once

Comment

andromeda vs daedelus

the daedelus will win, the rail guns on blanc point range will tare the andromeda to pieces.
                        The AP guns and the PDL will have no efct on the daedelus shields and the andromeda cant jus its missiles at blanc point range and nukes have a ill effect in space and on shield ships.

And for the Odyssey with its new weapons the fight will be over before it begins.
                        sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
                          andromeda vs daedelus

the daedelus will win, the rail guns on blanc point range will tare the andromeda to pieces.
                          The AP guns and the PDL will have no efct on the daedelus shields and the andromeda cant jus its missiles at blanc point range and nukes have a ill effect in space and on shield ships.

And for the Odyssey with its new weapons the fight will be over before it begins.
                          "ok"

You lose.

Comment

If Andromeda can really blow up a sun, and lure the Daedy into it I'm pretty sure the shields wouldn't help.

Spoiler:
                            In Unending we saw that a Planet's explosion took down 2 Ori Cruisers, even if the Upgraded Asgard shields are stronger than Ori shields, they aren't by much. And I'm sure a Solar/Coronal explosion would pack a lot more punch than a planetary one.

I've only seen bits of a few Andromeda eps, so I have no idea, but IMO the Upgraded Odyssey is among the strongest SciFi Earth ships out there, probably THE strongest "Earth 2007" ship by far. The only known stronger ship in SG IMO is the Aurora-class (well if you count Atlantis...).
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post
                              but cant Andromeda take hits from multiple micro black holes and survive I seem to remember that happening once
                              Andromeda took several shots from Point Singularity Projectors (they fire micro black holes). I wouldn't say exactly well though. the ship was gutted pretty good, but it was still flyable.

As for the Star Trek torps, yes they are warp capable, but ONLY if they are fired while the launching ship is travelling at warp speeds. they don't carry their own internal warp drive. they have some kinda sustainer that keeps them moving at warp speeds, for a time. if fired at sublight speeds, they do not have the capacity to ramp up to warp speeds on their own.
                              That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                                If Andromeda can really blow up a sun, and lure the Daedy into it I'm pretty sure the shields wouldn't help.

Spoiler:
                                In Unending we saw that a Planet's explosion took down 2 Ori Cruisers, even if the Upgraded Asgard shields are stronger than Ori shields, they aren't by much. And I'm sure a Solar/Coronal explosion would pack a lot more punch than a planetary one.

thare is a thing cald hyperdrive.
                                sorry cant spell

Comment

Working...
                                X