No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Rebels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I am interested in the show, I can't say I am interested in how the show looks. I would have hoped for something that looked more details and as impressive as Clone Wars, but it seems like they've gone for a bare, cheap look, as if they want to match the visuals of the original Star Wars film.

sigpic

Comment

Not sure I've ever heard anyone speak disparagingly of the originals before
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Not sure I've ever heard anyone speak disparagingly of the originals before
        I don't mean it like that. They've went for look that seems more in line with the original trilogy, old, worn, 70s and has that cheap scifi look to it we all love from old scifi, but as a CGI series it looks terrible. Clone Wars just got better and better over time and instead of doing something we'd expect in that quality, it's like they're starting over.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          While I am interested in the show, I can't say I am interested in how the show looks. I would have hoped for something that looked more details and as impressive as Clone Wars, but it seems like they've gone for a bare, cheap look, as if they want to match the visuals of the original Star Wars film.
          I am sure that if this gets past season 1 they will put more effort into the look. As I recall SW:TCW was kind of the same way but it did get better as the show went on.
          As for the show it self. I know this is Disney but the "Kid Empowerment" schtick looks like it is a bit to heavy for my taste.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

I hope the series will do something to redeem the stormtroopers from their stupidity from the movies. Maybe they'll do something to make them intimidating in this series later on but, from the shorts I've seen, they seem to act even more moronic then before.

How did the stormtroopers at the end survive? We see two busted up TIE fighter wings get tossed by the explosion along with a few other bits of shrapnel, so the bomb was powerful enough to destroy a TIE fighter, but the four of stormies standing one foot in front of the bomb are all still alive.

sigpic
            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
              I hope the series will do something to redeem the stormtroopers from their stupidity from the movies. Maybe they'll do something to make them intimidating in this series later on but, from the shorts I've seen, they seem to act even more moronic then before.

How did the stormtroopers at the end survive? We see two busted up TIE fighter wings get tossed by the explosion along with a few other bits of shrapnel, so the bomb was powerful enough to destroy a TIE fighter, but the four of stormies standing one foot in front of the bomb are all still alive.
              I'm going to guess it was a shape charge or the stormies were saved by falling into a plot hole.

The more teasers I see the more I think Sabine and Chopper will be my favorite characters.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I just watch that vid and the old SWFan in me just keeps thinking "That aint how you park a TIE FIGHTER!"
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Another short preview

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                    I am sure that if this gets past season 1 they will put more effort into the look. As I recall SW:TCW was kind of the same way but it did get better as the show went on.
                    As for the show it self. I know this is Disney but the "Kid Empowerment" schtick looks like it is a bit to heavy for my taste.
                    That's the thing that I'm afraid would keep me away from it. Hopefully it is handled more a la Cartoon Network, but I doubt it.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Another short.

Comment

And another one, looking good.

Comment

anyone else seen the first episode yet, I thought it was pretty good, the visuals arent exactly great but it looks ok

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                            anyone else seen the first episode yet, I thought it was pretty good, the visuals arent exactly great but it looks ok
                            Same here. With the visuals, I think they were going for the same gritty look that Episode IV had.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

ive seen the first couple of episodes, I really liked them, and i see it got renewed already, thats good dont have to worry for awhile
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

In my opinion this show will be very good for kids but not for adult. I would want to see seriously movie/show as a Stargate SG-1 but in the SW universe.

I don't say that SW:Rebels is bad show,nope-this is good show for kids but adults people will not interesting watching this cartoon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X