This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Realized

Has anyone ever wondered why in the episode 1969 why in the future the gate was in storage? I mean why wouldn't it be in a museum or something?

Originally posted by jakebolt View Post
    Has anyone ever wondered why in the episode 1969 why in the future the gate was in storage? I mean why wouldn't it be in a museum or something?
    maybe they figured out how to build more efficent stargates.
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Were there any boxes shown? If not, maybe it wasn't in storage, they just had everything covered up.

Comment

Or they had those ashen like transporters set up and had a bigger gate with a DHD (which makes it primary) for all travel.

Comment

Very descriptive thread title, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchbox View Post
            Very descriptive thread title, BTW.
            It's awesome. It deserves your respect.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              Thank you, and the title only said that because I thought I would come up with more thoughts.

Comment

It's good to leave your options open.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post

But maybe they developed a more efficiant way of travel, like planet to planet beaming....somthing on a much larger scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                    But maybe they developed a more efficiant way of travel, like planet to planet beaming....somthing on a much larger scale.
                    In my mind, that's how Priors move about in the Ori galaxy. They use super-charged transport rings. I don't think that there's any evidence for this, but in my mind...

AoT spoiler
                    Spoiler:
                    I mean, the stargate wasn't invented until the Alterans left the Ori galaxy. They could use ships, but super-rings are a much better idea. In my mind.

Comment

They probably had everything covered so SG-1 wouldn't pollute the timeline with future knowledge.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I had always assumed that the gate had been moved to a new location, but they moved it back to the now abandoned SGC silo so that SG1 would not get a look at the future.

As soon as SG1 left they would have picked it up and moved it back to where it normally sits in the future.

Comment

Optimistic: Atlantis is returned to Earth, and somehow its Pegasus gate is made to function properly with the MW gate system--thereby rendering the SGC gate inactive.

Pessimistic: Some colossal threat has forced us to deactivate the gate network permanently in order to limit said threat's movement.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

maybe some scientist buggered it up and it doesnt work properly anymore

ever that or jack broke it

i prefer the latter.
                            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

maybe we'll build our own network of stargates and this one is only a secondary gate
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X