• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choose Your Pain (105)

Visit the Episode GuideSTAR TREK: DISCOVERY - SEASON ONE
    CHOOSE YOUR PAIN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 105
    Captain Lorca is abducted and finds himself on a Klingon prison ship, with Harcourt Fenton Mudd as a cell mate. As the Discovery enters enemy territory in search of their captain, Saru and Burnham clash over their continued use of the tardigrade.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 October 2017, 09:48 PM.

This was a really good episode. The only thing that really irked me was that the Klingon D7 really would have been better as something closer to the TOS design. I get that the show has a different overall style but the D7 is probably the most iconic klingon design.
    All that being said we know that D7 is just what Starfleet calls the class, so perhaps rather than a specific design the name is simply a way for the computer to categorise any vessel that has a specific armament of weapons and shields.... Though I'm not sure even I buy that one... So the design excuse it is. Though the more of these design differences we see the more I'm really hoping they do something to update the look of the Constitution class if and when we see one in the show.

Anyway as for the other stuff. This is the first episode where I felt all the characters did a good job and felt real. Even Stamets was pretty cool. Seru was awesome as always and it was nice to see how he actively wants to improve as an officer and how part of his animosity towards Burnham was due to him losing his opportunity to learn under one of the greatest Captains in the fleet.

We have some answers now over what happened to Lorca that makes him so hell bent to stay in the fight, but his move to self-destruct his own ship to save them from capture still seems like a cold move for a starfleet captain. I get the feeling he'll be even more bloodthirsty after his capture.

Mudd... You know I really thought I wouldn't like this version of him because I loved the TOS version, but this was a perfect balance between having an updated and more realistic character while still maintaining the traits that make him who he is. I can easily buy that this is the same Harry Kirk meets but ten years younger. Looking forward to seeing him again.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I didn't buy that a captain could so easily be captured!
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
        I didn't buy that a captain could so easily be captured!
        While I admit there are questions as to how they knew where to find Lorca specifically, the fact remains that we have seen Starfleet officers travelling via shuttlecraft on their own fairly frequently.

It would have been just as possible for an enemy ship to have happened upon and attacked Picard on Weasley in TNG when the captain was on his way to his heart operation in season two.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Maybe Lorca dont like teleporting ? Thats nothing new in ST to you know.
          As Lorca said he didnt like doctors or trust them with hes eyes.
          So maybe the light that teleporting does will effect on hes eyes and is painful ?
          sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Working...
          X