• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing but good vibes -- so consider them "SENT"
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I got a call back on a job I applied for this morning. I have an interview tomorrow at 2pm EST. So if you could please send some good vibes my way?

Gracias!!!
      Good luck vibes are heading your way! ***BIG HUGS***

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      GoT
      Spoiler:
      So. Many. Questions. Have you seen that list that is cycling? That's me with all of them. Why did Bran not warn them about Dany? Why did they bother making Jon a Targaryen? Why is there still a Night's Watch? Why did Arya's history/training turn her into an explorer (though she has been all over, I suppose)? Why can't Bran tell her what' is west of Westeros? Why didn't Brienne go back with Sansa? And why was Brienne's single solo scene in that epp dedicated to a man who betrayed her instead of showing her getting appointed to a prestigious position, c'mon male writers (though it was her most important friendship, the cheating/leaving her notwithstanding). Questioning aside- All the questions and everything that could have been...I could see it all coming together this way. Jon back north of the wall is fitting. Sansa as Queen of the North- fitting. Tyrion hand of the King- fitting. Still not a fan of Bran on the throne or Arya's voyaging, had we seen some indication of that interest sooner, it would have been better. Sigh. At least Jon finally pet Ghost, damn it. Now Martin just needs to finish the books so we can see his vision play out.
      So, GoT...
      Spoiler:
      Why did Bran not warn them about Dany? Well, he only sees the past, so he wouldn't have known what she hadn't done yet.

Why did they bother making Jon a Targaryen? That hasn't been revealed in the books yet, but I'm assuming it will be, as apparently one of the things Martin asked prospective TV producers/showrunners was "Who is Jon Snow's mother?". D&D must have answered that correctly since they got the job. So whatever Martin's reasons for making him a Targaryen, I guess we'll have to wait for the books.

Why is there still a Night's Watch? I don't quite get that, either. Tyrion's line about there needing to be a place for bastards and criminals to go serve in exile is a good point, but without the threat of the White Walkers, they don't seem to have any real purpose beyond that.

Why did Arya's history/training turn her into an explorer (though she has been all over, I suppose)? Why can't Bran tell her what' is west of Westeros? Arya's always been the adventurous type, and she even talked (briefly) about what might be west of Westeros and wanting to see it (this was back when she was in Braavos hanging out with that actress). As for Bran, his knowledge is only of Westeros, as I recall.

Why didn't Brienne go back with Sansa? And why was Brienne's single solo scene in that epp dedicated to a man who betrayed her instead of showing her getting appointed to a prestigious position, c'mon male writers (though it was her most important friendship, the cheating/leaving her notwithstanding). Haven't got a clue. I have no objection in spirit to her becoming the first female Commander of the Kingsguard, that part was awesome (as was seeing Pod as her second), and the book about the Kingsguard has been pointed out a couple of times throughout the series, so I guess this was supposed to be a callback to that.

As for Bran on the throne, I think Tyron's thinking was that since Bran knows the real truth of all the successes and mistakes in Westeros's past (unlike those "official" histories written by the Maesters, just look at that "Song of Ice and Fire" book that Sam brought to Tyrion from the Citadel--not a mention of Tyrion's role in events, which does smack of the kind of bias and political motives that have twisted historical accounts in our world as well), he can use that knowledge to lead Westeros into the future.

And yay, Ghost got his head scritches!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And today...replying to quotes works. It's the little things that make you smile.

Yeah I don't know why sometimes reply with quote works and sometimes it doesn't. *shrugs*

Thanks. I agree. It didn't look good on them that they really didn't read my resume at all.

I got a call back on a job I applied for this morning. I have an interview tomorrow at 2pm EST. So if you could please send some good vibes my way?

Gracias!!!
        All the good vibes- good luck!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Good luck vibes are heading your way! ***BIG HUGS***

So, GoT...
        Spoiler:
        Why did Bran not warn them about Dany? Well, he only sees the past, so he wouldn't have known what she hadn't done yet.

Why did they bother making Jon a Targaryen? That hasn't been revealed in the books yet, but I'm assuming it will be, as apparently one of the things Martin asked prospective TV producers/showrunners was "Who is Jon Snow's mother?". D&D must have answered that correctly since they got the job. So whatever Martin's reasons for making him a Targaryen, I guess we'll have to wait for the books.

Why is there still a Night's Watch? I don't quite get that, either. Tyrion's line about there needing to be a place for bastards and criminals to go serve in exile is a good point, but without the threat of the White Walkers, they don't seem to have any real purpose beyond that.

Why did Arya's history/training turn her into an explorer (though she has been all over, I suppose)? Why can't Bran tell her what' is west of Westeros? Arya's always been the adventurous type, and she even talked (briefly) about what might be west of Westeros and wanting to see it (this was back when she was in Braavos hanging out with that actress). As for Bran, his knowledge is only of Westeros, as I recall.

Why didn't Brienne go back with Sansa? And why was Brienne's single solo scene in that epp dedicated to a man who betrayed her instead of showing her getting appointed to a prestigious position, c'mon male writers (though it was her most important friendship, the cheating/leaving her notwithstanding). Haven't got a clue. I have no objection in spirit to her becoming the first female Commander of the Kingsguard, that part was awesome (as was seeing Pod as her second), and the book about the Kingsguard has been pointed out a couple of times throughout the series, so I guess this was supposed to be a callback to that.

As for Bran on the throne, I think Tyron's thinking was that since Bran knows the real truth of all the successes and mistakes in Westeros's past (unlike those "official" histories written by the Maesters, just look at that "Song of Ice and Fire" book that Sam brought to Tyrion from the Citadel--not a mention of Tyrion's role in events, which does smack of the kind of bias and political motives that have twisted historical accounts in our world as well), he can use that knowledge to lead Westeros into the future.

And yay, Ghost got his head scritches!

Spoiler:
        Face palm on Bran. See- the things I forget when they take year long breaks and Bran does (mostly) nothing but zone out in the current season. I kind of want to re-read the books. So many things that I've forgotten that were never brought into the show or shown in the detail the length of the books allowed. And cheers to Brienne for sure for a woman snatching that position. That would have been good scene to see, scenes really. Her getting the appointment (and hopefully another giant cheesy smile from her) and then a conversation between her and Sansa.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Well, 3 days off + 2 days weekend... and all to myself... and Noa the cat who has been a good girl up until an hour ago when she decided to chase the spider in the bedroom and nearly knocked the mirror off the wall. If that were to fall I would have some splainin' to do.
          Lol, I missed this my first go around. Love the mental image. Cats chasing bugs. One of my favorite things to laugh at as long as there is no collateral damage. Glad the mirror survived.
          sigpic

Comment

The vibes worked because the interview went well. I'll find out in 1-2 weeks. Even if I don't get a job there, it was a good experience with interviewing.

It didn't start off so well. The HR guy sent me to the incorrect property, so I ended up being 15 minutes late... but I had the email from him printed out to show it wasn't my fault. Then I had to go up and down a few flights of stairs which got me winded (I can normally do a few flights no problem, but my heart was already racing from nerves).

After everything got settled down, I think it went well. Of course, usually I think things are going badly and they are good, so I don't know if the opposite holds true..... if it went badly because I think it went well. *shrugs*

Comment

Of course, usually I think things are going badly and they are good, so I don't know if the opposite holds true..... if it went badly because I think it went well. *shrugs*
              My last interview went horribly bad and I knew I wasn't going to get it .... yet, here I am, going on nearly 5 years now and hot in demand cause just today I learned that there's a team who has decided, without actually asking first, that I'll be tending their automatic process.

Don't mind I haven't a clue what their process is about...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

And today...replying to quotes works. It's the little things that make you smile.
                Hooray! Indeed it is the little things!

Spoiler:
                Face palm on Bran. See- the things I forget when they take year long breaks and Bran does (mostly) nothing but zone out in the current season. I kind of want to re-read the books. So many things that I've forgotten that were never brought into the show or shown in the detail the length of the books allowed. And cheers to Brienne for sure for a woman snatching that position. That would have been good scene to see, scenes really. Her getting the appointment (and hopefully another giant cheesy smile from her) and then a conversation between her and Sansa.
                I would have loved to see
                Spoiler:
                the actual scene of Brienne being offered command of the Kingsguard. Bring on that cheesy smile, SQUEE!

The vibes worked because the interview went well. I'll find out in 1-2 weeks. Even if I don't get a job there, it was a good experience with interviewing.

It didn't start off so well. The HR guy sent me to the incorrect property, so I ended up being 15 minutes late... but I had the email from him printed out to show it wasn't my fault. Then I had to go up and down a few flights of stairs which got me winded (I can normally do a few flights no problem, but my heart was already racing from nerves).

After everything got settled down, I think it went well. Of course, usually I think things are going badly and they are good, so I don't know if the opposite holds true..... if it went badly because I think it went well. *shrugs*
                Very glad to hear the interview itself went well, even if the lead-up to it didn't. I'd say that balances things out.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good luck with all that. I shudder at the very thought of doing an interview now. Though, in hindsight, I think I'd probably have a completely different answer when they asked me my philosophy of teaching.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I vote stay confident! If things you think went badly turned out well in the past, I'm thinking sky's the limit for things you feel good about. Either way, you've just begun this journey and are making a lot of contacts. Great things to come.

My last interview went horribly bad and I knew I wasn't going to get it .... yet, here I am, going on nearly 5 years now and hot in demand cause just today I learned that there's a team who has decided, without actually asking first, that I'll be tending their automatic process.

It's always good to be wanted, assuming their process isn't something you wouldn't enjoy working on. My last interview was with a three person panel via WebEx. That wasn't intimidating at all, lol. All I could think about was how cringy I sounded on the audio.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Hooray! Indeed it is the little things!

I would have loved to see
                    Spoiler:
                    the actual scene of Brienne being offered command of the Kingsguard. Bring on that cheesy smile, SQUEE!

As much as I bellyached this season, I will miss those characters. Some more than others. Tyrion, Jamie and Brienne were among my favorites, but it's funny how perspective always changes with time. I wonder who'll I miss the most a year from now and later (besides the wolves). Tyrion, I suspect, will always hover towards the top of that list.
                    Spoiler:
                    And while he didn't win the throne, I feel like Bronn may have been the biggest winner in the game. Though as I write this, I'm thinking had the show gone on with the wheels they set in motion this season, Bronn would have had won the throne if he was still alive when Bran died. It sounds like the Houses were all on their way to being indebted to Highgarden. He would have leveraged those debts I'm sure. Well played, Bronn. Well played. Lol.
                    Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 23 May 2019, 09:33 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh dear. I'm confident you'll figure it out!

Very glad to hear the interview itself went well, even if the lead-up to it didn't. I'd say that balances things out.
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Good luck with all that. I shudder at the very thought of doing an interview now. Though, in hindsight, I think I'd probably have a completely different answer when they asked me my philosophy of teaching.
                      They didn't ask any of the typical questions I was expecting... strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. The one weird question they asked was what I would do if I heard rumors going around. I said I'd ignore it unless it was something hazardous in which case I'd tell my supervisor. I dunno. I thought that was a weird question. Nothing will ever beat some of my interview questions from when I was younger. One guy said "I see you know Fortran (computer language), do you think you'd be able to learn COBOL?" Uhhhh............ who's going to say no? Then another job asked if I were an animal what kind would I be and why.

What would you say now about your philosophy of teaching? I'm curious.

I vote stay confident! If things you think went badly turned out well in the past, I'm thinking sky's the limit for things you feel good about. Either way, you've just begun this journey and are making a lot of contacts. Great things to come.

It's always good to be wanted, assuming their process isn't something you wouldn't enjoy working on. My last interview was with a three person panel via WebEx. That wasn't intimidating at all, lol. All I could think about was how cringy I sounded on the audio.
                      Thanks!! A WebEx interview.... now that's scary. I prefer in person. My interview was with 3 people although only one really did any talking.

Comment

It's always good to be wanted, assuming their process isn't something you wouldn't enjoy working on.
                        Luckily it is, but the lack of interest by my company to provide adequate support in the shape of learning tools, makes me cringy. I can get by with what I know and scrape together through the help forums but sometimes I do wonder how they ever managed to get this project going without actually understanding what it is they are asking for or what my robotfarm does.

When it's not working, they want to know how soon I can fix it and even when I tell them that the problem is a lot more complicated than what they believe is just pushing some buttons, that's when things get interesting...

Oh dear. I'm confident you'll figure it out!
                        I will most likely... On the upside, I get to work from my hometown office monday, which comes as a gift since I'll be visiting Paris over the weekend so it basically means I don't have to get up early to hit the road. Just roll out of bed 30 minutes before having to arrive at the office and I'm good...

Then another job asked if I were an animal what kind would I be and why.
                        Interviewer: What did you want to be when you were growing up?

Me: An explorer.

Interviewer: *starts laughing*

Me: ...

Interviewer: Sorry, that was the best answer to that question in a very long while.

Me: Oh, okay.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

As much as I bellyached this season, I will miss those characters. Some more than others. Tyrion, Jamie and Brienne were among my favorites, but it's funny how perspective always changes with time. I wonder who'll I miss the most a year from now and later (besides the wolves). Tyrion, I suspect, will always hover towards the top of that list.
                          Spoiler:
                          And while he didn't win the throne, I feel like Bronn may have been the biggest winner in the game. Though as I write this, I'm thinking had the show gone on with the wheels they set in motion this season, Bronn would have had won the throne if he was still alive when Bran died. It sounds like the Houses were all on their way to being indebted to Highgarden. He would have leveraged those debts I'm sure. Well played, Bronn. Well played. Lol.
                          Well played, indeed!

Luckily it is, but the lack of interest by my company to provide adequate support in the shape of learning tools, makes me cringy. I can get by with what I know and scrape together through the help forums but sometimes I do wonder how they ever managed to get this project going without actually understanding what it is they are asking for or what my robotfarm does.

When it's not working, they want to know how soon I can fix it and even when I tell them that the problem is a lot more complicated than what they believe is just pushing some buttons, that's when things get interesting...
                          Ugh, it's never good when the higher-ups don't know what the heck they're doing...

I will most likely... On the upside, I get to work from my hometown office monday, which comes as a gift since I'll be visiting Paris over the weekend so it basically means I don't have to get up early to hit the road. Just roll out of bed 30 minutes before having to arrive at the office and I'm good...
                          Yay! Always a plus!

Comment

What would you say now about your philosophy of teaching? I'm curious.
                            With age comes a more mellow way of thinking I think. Now I would say I believe children should be taught at their level and not all treated like they learn at the same pace or in the same manner. I think my twins have taught me a bit more about nature vs nurture considering how different they are even at 9 months. But I still think nurture is vitally important. Previously I was somewhat traditional and rigid in my teaching methods. Do I get the job?

On your discussion of expecting the worst or the best etc. Yesterday at about 3pm black clouds suddenly showed up. I hoped we didn't lose power right before the first flash of lightning that struck somewhere and caused us to lose power for 5 hours. LOL Now the question is what to say the next time.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

With age comes a more mellow way of thinking I think. Now I would say I believe children should be taught at their level and not all treated like they learn at the same pace or in the same manner. I think my twins have taught me a bit more about nature vs nurture considering how different they are even at 9 months. But I still think nurture is vitally important. Previously I was somewhat traditional and rigid in my teaching methods. Do I get the job?
                              You would if I was the one doing the hiring. Flexibility and openness to adapting to situations is a strength.

On your discussion of expecting the worst or the best etc. Yesterday at about 3pm black clouds suddenly showed up. I hoped we didn't lose power right before the first flash of lightning that struck somewhere and caused us to lose power for 5 hours. LOL Now the question is what to say the next time.
                              Whoops!

Comment

Cool!!!

Interviewer: What did you want to be when you were growing up?

Me: An explorer.

Interviewer: *starts laughing*

Me: ...

Interviewer: Sorry, that was the best answer to that question in a very long while.

Me: Oh, okay.
                                I think that's a good answer. I wanted to pack groceries when I was a kid.

I would say yes. I agree about the nature vs. nurture thing. My siblings were adopted and despite us growing up in the same house, we are all vastly different people. But that happens with blood siblings sometimes too. *shrugs* Anyway, I remember loving classes where they let me learn at my own pace.

Next time say "I hope we don't win the lottery!" I'm glad you got power back. Five hours, huh? Just enough time for some food to go bad?

Comment

Working...
                                X