No announcement yet.

Westworld (HBO 2016) Series Starring Anthony Hopkins: Discussion/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen the 2x07? One ofthe best and most confusing of the second season. Half of it was really brilliant with deep philosophical conversations, but the other half is a complete mess. The madness restarted there, but they tried to explain at least what was going on in 2x01-2x06. I still don't understand why we needed the ShogunWorld, if it has added almost nothing to the main plot. The whole story would have been more enjoyable, if they show the events after each other not like a nonstoply shaking puzzle. So even if season 3 was ordered, I am not sure if HBO won't axe it and probably we won't get a 4th season.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I have seen 207. Best of this season by far, beginning to end.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I have seen 207. Best of this season by far, beginning to end.
        Agreed, Im really enjoying this season.

I watched season 1 after knowing some of the spoilers so I like the mysteries an trying to work stuff out this season.

Comment

Yeah let's not forget season 1 was more than 3 years I the making, season 2 barely a year because HBO needed to rush it out to replace GoT, I think we can cut them some filler slack, it's still better than 98% of shows on to atm.

Comment

I agree completely. What I find most interesting is the ethical questions raised about AI, but also where simulated intelligence ends and conscious thought begins. Are the hosts truly AI or are they simply working to a program that makes them look intelligent and interactive. The first season was great and the second is excellent.
            Regards,
            Halokim
            The Graveyard Shift

Comment

My personal opinion, despite what CradleFord said, is

Spoiler:
              only Maive is truely sentient AI, the rest just think they are and are still running a narrative, yes a narrative that involves "burning this place to the ground", but a narrative all the same, they are free to make their own decisions about how they carry out that narrative, but not free to decide whether they follow it or not.

CradleFord said she was "free", not that she was "sentient", for anybody else I wouldn't read anything into it, but this is Ford we're talking about so they are two completely different things lol.
              Last edited by Ian-S; 10 June 2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I believe the twist will be that the outside world, the shiny skyscrapers will be part of the FutureWorld. That will break Dolores that her little rebellion was for nothing as the park is part of a bigger park.

Or they make an HBO serieses mega-crossover and Westeros will be the MediavalWorld, while Rome will be RomanWorld.
                https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/aAD6YM2_460s.jpg
                Last edited by Platschu; 10 June 2018, 04:56 PM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Interesting, hadn't thought of it that way.

I wonder if William will end up in the same position as James Delos though, his (William's) daughter seem pretty intent on making him suffer, but without actually killing him.

Comment

I believe William is also a host, but he doesn't know it about himself. Maybe Ford has replaced him long time ago, so that would explain why he has spent years in the WestWorld.

Comment

That's why he

Spoiler:
                      starts cutting into his arm in episode 9 after he thinks he killed his daughter (I don't think she is dead, he took a few bullets too and is still limping around), I think even he is starting to suspect whether he is a host or not, and we already know that as soon as James Delos became aware he was a host, he'd go nuts.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is a host, me and a friend talked about that in season one and came to the conclusion that it would be a too obvious plot point and a bit of a disappointment, but thinking about it, it would be a good twist now that they have introduced Emily and seemingly she wants to punish him for his past, wouldn't it be cruel irony for her to try and scan his brain into the system to find out he is already in there? Especially if he does dig into his right arm to look for the use port and doesn't find one (it's in the left lol).

Comment

I was getting confused when Bernard was popping up in 2 different locations seemingly in the same timezone
                        sigpic

Comment

Which one was that? I've seen someone else mention that but couldn't work out what they were referring too.

Remember the two main timelines (party massacre and two weeks later) have almost caught up to one another, the Ghost Nation guy Dolores executes in episode 09 party massacre timeline is the same guy they take the 'brain' out of in episode 01 just after Bernard wakes up on the beech which is the beginning part of the 'two weeks later' story.

It's all very confusing lol

Comment

2x10

This one was one of the worst season finale what I have ever seen in my life.I have not been so misleaded and disappointed since the series finale of LOST. This episode was a complete disaster on every level. No real character improvments at all, it was just a philosophical debate mixed with same action scenes. The average viewers won't be able to follow the overcomplicated storylines now about in and out and deeper in and wilder out. Chaotic. It was a complete disaster to finish the season with this story as there was nocatarsis, no cliffhanger at the end. I am not joking, it was really, really that bad. Probably I will still watch season 3, but this show has jumped the shark and I can only hope that HBO will quickly axe it to finish off this misery. I am at edge of it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              Which one was that? I've seen someone else mention that but couldn't work out what they were referring too.

Remember the two main timelines (party massacre and two weeks later) have almost caught up to one another, the Ghost Nation guy Dolores executes in episode 09 party massacre timeline is the same guy they take the 'brain' out of in episode 01 just after Bernard wakes up on the beech which is the beginning part of the 'two weeks later' story.

It's all very confusing lol
                              When he was with the woman we all thought he killed, they were headquarters (I think it was headquarters) and he was also with that crazy lady in charge being interrogated. I think it was established that it was actually different periods in time after all. It was hard keeping track of all the different characters and varying timelines
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                2x10

This one was one of the worst season finale what I have ever seen in my life.I have not been so misleaded and disappointed since the series finale of LOST. This episode was a complete disaster on every level. No real character improvments at all, it was just a philosophical debate mixed with same action scenes. The average viewers won't be able to follow the overcomplicated storylines now about in and out and deeper in and wilder out. Chaotic. It was a complete disaster to finish the season with this story as there was nocatarsis, no cliffhanger at the end. I am not joking, it was really, really that bad. Probably I will still watch season 3, but this show has jumped the shark and I can only hope that HBO will quickly axe it to finish off this misery. I am at edge of it as well.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X