Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
    oh wow.... am i the only one that gets the feeling that Laughing through this entire epsiode will help make it... better?
    I'll probably be watching with a margarita at hand
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      YES! Thank you!! I'm going to love this ep. Sorry, but I just love it so far & I've only seen the littlest of snippets...YES!!
      Another one for your viewing pleasure, Chelle DB

sigpic
      Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
        Another one for your viewing pleasure, Chelle DB

Well... it's good to know AT doesn't excel in everything she does! It doesn't sound awful but it's not extremely good either. I guess the only way they can carry off this musical episode is with PH and JB... My curiosity is certainly piqued and I hope that as the episode goes on the singing (by AT and perhaps RD) will get better.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I'll probably be watching with a margarita at hand
          Darn it's too bad I don't drink

I think my prejudice about not liking musical episodes for shows that aren't musicals may make it difficult for me to like this one. I just wonder why Damian felt it was necessary to do a musical? Just because they've been done by other shows doesn't mean it fits into Sanctuary
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            YES! Thank you!! I'm going to love this ep. Sorry, but I just love it so far & I've only seen the littlest of snippets...YES!!
            I was like and at the same time, and I'm quite excited about this episode, and I think it's great they're trying new things.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

I think my prejudice about not liking musical episodes for shows that aren't musicals may make it difficult for me to like this one. I just wonder why Damian felt it was necessary to do a musical? Just because they've been done by other shows doesn't mean it fits into Sanctuary
            Well, I saw the music episode for Scrubs, and I think it was well done, and I've seen a bit of the music ep for Buffy, and I thought it was good. I personally feel it was a good move because they're trying something new, and doing something that's new for them, and the show, I mean I've never seen Amanda sing in anything, so I'm glad she's doing it on Sanctuary with an accent.

I think fans should give it a chance first, and give it a fair shot before they make up their minds.

Comment

I didn't like the Buffy musical episode, and I think Sanctuary has to be able to get past the fans 'eyerolling' at musical episodes; there is a preconceived notion about musical episodes (some will love it, some will hate it) and wether they should have tried it or not, only time and ratings will tell.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

I have this thing....i don't like it when i see actors humiliating themselves for a role. I don't like OTT scenes for just that reason. I did like the grey's musical episode. But I'm so afraid that this will climb over the fence from working to cheesy. I really didn't care for the bollywood dancing either. It fit the story, but i cringed my way through it.

sigpic

Comment

I have this thing....i don't like it when i see actors humiliating themselves for a role. I don't like OTT scenes for just that reason. I did like the grey's musical episode. But I'm so afraid that this will climb over the fence from working to cheesy. I really didn't care for the bollywood dancing either. It fit the story, but i cringed my way through it.
                  That is exactly the problem I have Now if they had Helen singing in the shower, that's normal behavour, but to have an episode
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Same here. I feel bad for them. And Rocky, it seems to me that they're just trying something new for the sake of trying something new, which I find useless. But that's my opinion. I love changes and new experiences, but only when it's coherent.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah. It's kinda like.....star wars syndrome. When I watched movies 1-3 there were times when I felt lucas was putting aliens or effects in simply because he could. That a chunk of the movie was little more than an ILM demo reel. Were the aliens there and did they look the way they did because it fit the story? or was there pressure to push the boundaries past where they needed to be pushed and as far as they COULD be pushed?

I wonder if the musical episode is because they WANTED to or because they sat down and said 'ok, what haven't we done????' and then worked to make a plot/story fit what they're checking off their 'bucket list'?

It'll be what it'll be. And I'm not dooming it before I see it. I'm just skeptical. And my 'cringe-o-meter' is set pretty low. I sometimes catch myself wanting to fast forward through parts of big bang theory because the characters, sheldon especially, sometimes goes so far I almost feel sorry for him.

sigpic

Comment

Seems odd Sanctuary is pulling out all the stops this season. First a lesbian kiss and now a musical ep..what's up? Fans have been asking for years about the first (mainly about Helen's past lovers with AT hinting it could be female as much as male) so why now? Why not leave it alone? Kinda like how fans wanted to see a little more chemistry between Sam and Jack but the writers were forever teasing fans. Are the dream team throwing everything out there for a reason? To draw new fans in to muster ratings? Or perhaps they know something about season 5 that we don't...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          Seems odd Sanctuary is pulling out all the stops this season. First a lesbian kiss and now a musical ep..what's up? Fans have been asking for years about the first (mainly about Helen's past lovers with AT hinting it could be female as much as male) so why now? Why not leave it alone? Kinda like how fans wanted to see a little more chemistry between Sam and Jack but the writers were forever teasing fans. Are the dream team throwing everything out there for a reason? To draw new fans in to muster ratings? Or perhaps they know something about season 5 that we don't...yet.
                          That there will be no season 5 maybe? Seems like they test everything for no reason but "if we don't do it now, it may very well be too late".
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm not doomin and gloomin yet, but maybe they just got a dose of carpe diem?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not doomin and gloomin yet, but maybe they just got a dose of carpe diem?
                              Yep, that's what I meant. Though as the season ends on a cliffhanger they probably didn't think it as the finale season...
                              sigpic

Comment

I shall be going into "Fugue" expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X