This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    The only issue I had was with the Transplant. Was too predictable and convenient.
    I really thought Volker isn't going to make it. Not that I have anything against his character, but kind of underwhelming that he made it. I'm pretty worried about Greer, tho.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      I am literally shocked. I think I died for a moment there. This was a Carl Binder episode Brian. He wrote Life. REMEMBER!

For the record you brought up "Life", not me.

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      I really thought Volker isn't going to make it. Not that I have anything against his character, but kind of underwhelming that he made it. I'm pretty worried about Greer, tho.
      I actually liked when Amanda Perry showed up to assist T.J., because honestly, there was no way she could of done that surgery on her own.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I actually thought this episode was pretty good surprising. Ya don't always need pew pew.

The only issue I had was with the Transplant. Was too predictable and convenient.

I did like how Perry and Ginn became apart of the ship.

"Seizure" is going to kick some @ss next week!
        Not to mention medically inaccurate. But Stargate always seems to mess up in medicine.

Seizure will be good
        Spoiler:
        if mcKay gets pushed into a KAWOOOSH
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          So now they just have to find women to willingly give up their life & body so that Perry & Ginn can have them
          Or something like the idea at the end of Xmen 3 where you need to find a body that is brain dead to then have the consciousness put into it like professor X did. BUTTTTTT would they find that right now they can process the new information they have because they can use the ship as a kind of buffer but once they are in human form there will be too much information to handle like Jack experienced, orrrrrrr would they simply no longer have access to all this new information?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Not to mention medically inaccurate.
            Only thing that I noticed to mind were Park's untied hair.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              Or do what the replicators were doing and create bodies.
              I guess they could have Atlantis create Replicator bodies that look the way Ginn & Perry did before they were killed. But getting the bodies to the Destiny would be the main problem

Comment

I liked this one very much. The music stuff during the surgery was awesome as hell! this was really funny and I did not expect it either but they do not have a good taste in music (basing on the one song that he accidently played )
                sigpic

Comment

Was Wray in this episode? I was just thinking about it because she's usually been around around giving pep talks lately, but I can't remember any scenes with her talking to anyone. I might have just forgotten/missed it though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    Was Wray in this episode? I was just thinking about it because she's usually been around around giving pep talks lately, but I can't remember any scenes with her talking to anyone. I might have just forgotten/missed it though.
                    She wasn't in the episode, and I just remembered it when saw picture from "Alliances".
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Oh gee Zelix, how original of you.

*Mocking anti-anti-Stargate stuff*

I kid, I kid. I'd kill you if you weren't a Fringe fanboy too.
                      Watch it matt or I'm calling my stargate fans mob and get the poking sticks out.

As for Fringe. I wasn't so much of a fanboy in season 1 and season 2. It was good but not great. But Fringe has really improved in season 3. It's unfortunate SGU won't have this chance (beyond a movie maybe).
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Greer wanted to do it, not because he's a good guy or loves Volker or anything, he wanted to do it because he lives with the need/desire to be punished. Thats why he let TJ take the bone marrow without meds. His Dad really screwed him up. He is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          She wasn't in the episode, and I just remembered it when saw picture from "Alliances".
                          Thanks for letting me know I wasn't just imagining her not being there(cuz I forget/miss things sometimes ) Yeah I was thinking about her because what happened in Alliances and not being able to contact Earth and the fact that she and Greer had some nice conversation in that episode. She's also been friends with TJ, and she's always been around to give her moral support; so I thought I must have missed something because it seemed like she would've been around.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            Thanks for letting me know I wasn't just imagining her not being there(cuz I forget/miss things sometimes ) Yeah I was thinking about her because what happened in Alliances and not being able to contact Earth and the fact that she and Greer had some nice conversation in that episode. She's also been friends with TJ, and she's always been around to give her moral support; so I thought I must have missed something because it seemed like she would've been around.
                            Would've been kind of nice having Wray help TJ like she was there in "Divided".
                            sigpic

Comment

3 girls, 1 body!

I keed, I keed, but I couldn't help but think about that while watching this episode, though, heh. At any rate, it was a decent episode, if a bit... I'm not sure what word to use... kinda "meh"?

Don't get me wrong; the end result is interesting, with Perry and Ginn part of the ship and able to communicate and access database systems. Ever since I saw what happened to Franklin (and what does he think about this?), I've thought that it would be interesting to have someone get uploaded to the ship and function as sort of an AI computer interface.

But the way they pulled it off... just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Perhaps because it's another stones/transporter malfunction, where the MacGuffin device does yet another thing new that creates a new situation. I much preferred the Franklin method, where someone willingly sat in the chair and got themselves uploaded. I don't think there is anything wrong with the concept, per se, but perhaps it is more of a matter of taste.

The stones method we got seemed more convenient, rather than the actual sacrifice that Franklin made. One seems a natural conclusion of a chain of events, and the other has hints of author meddling to make the plot go where they want.

It also didn't help that I felt this episode was dragging a bit, as if they were stringing things out in order to fit the time slot.

But ultimately, at least there weren't plot holes like with several other episodes *coughLAcough* and the characters acted fairly decently. While Eli, Scott and Chloe all acted well enough, I kept getting a feeling they were acting too well and nice to each other. I was expecting a little antagonism there between Scott and Eli, as they were basically fighting over the same woman. I don't care who you are; most guys would get mighty uppity where their woman is concerned, regardless if they are friends or not.

And is it just me, or are people too quick to accept the stones thing in this series? A lot of the times, a character on Destiny can quickly tell there is someone else in the body, and quick to believe it really is that person, with no awkwardness at all (because the person still looks the same). Ginn could have been anyone, and yet they allow her out and about with no guard? They were rather quick to believe it was Ginn, and not some alien influence that might have probed the dead Ginn's body for information in order to get aboard the ship. They know of at least one alien race that is familiar with the stones and how to use them.

I haven't met a story yet that made me like the stones much, and with each episode that focuses on them, I get more and more of a bad taste in my mouth.

And Chloe seems to be the person that things happen to, almost as if she was Miss Plot Device, rather than a character. She's had a few moments where she shined, and I wish there were more of them, but the writers seem hellbent on justifying her position because of how they can use her as a tool to further the plot, rather than a character interacting with the plot.

So I suppose this post was me working out my thoughts about why I felt this episode was a bit meh. Not every episode is going to be OMGWTF awesome, but SGU, on the hole, seems to have more "meh" episodes than good ones. My favorite episodes continue to be Air (parts 1 and 2), and the two parter of Darkness and Light. Earth is a close runner up (which is a decent example of stone use, I suppose). In Season 2, the only episode I have really liked so far is Twin Destinies, although the coming episode "Seizure" I am really looking forward to.

In any event, I will give thanks that they didn't use a music montage in this episode. In fact, I have been seeing precious little of those, so I am thankful to the writers for that.

Comment

I keep wondering, who else has been uploaded to Destiny's system during those past centuries? Maybe the whole Ancient crew? I wouldn't be surprised if this was be the future destiny of whole our crew as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X