Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Woohoo!! Yay for you! I love it when a little nation takes down a large one. That whole David and Goliath thing.
    Wellllll, Belgium is actually ranked and seeded higher than Russia here. In fact they are currently the Number 1 team in the Fifa Men's World Rankings.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Wellllll, Belgium is actually ranked and seeded higher than Russia here. In fact they are currently the Number 1 team in the Fifa Men's World Rankings.
      I meant in terms of size of the countries.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Lol, catching up today made me hungry- for cheese My newest favorites are Red Leicester, which I never seem to find in the states except the Aldi advent calendar or via online order, and comte, but my all time go to is Trader Joe's cheddar & gruyere melange. It's sooo good. And so reasonably priced. My doctor actually recommended I basically go vegan for a while, something about the diet being good when you have an autoimmune disease. I'm compromising at this point, eating as plant based as I reasonably can, but...I'm waiting until January to really start the dairy part of it.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Does anyone else here watch The Good Doctor. We just saw Paul Mcgillion playing a dying woman's ex- husband. It was a tearjerker and he did a great job with a short part.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Woohoo!! Yay for you! I love it when a little nation takes down a large one. That whole David and Goliath thing.
              Did a do-over with Cyprus last night, though they are smaller. They didn't even want to play the game cause last time we played them we creamed them -- it was a do-over... 6-1.

I'm still surprised we are.

We won all our games in the qualifying matches so I'm having high hopes for the European Championship next june.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Lol, catching up today made me hungry- for cheese My newest favorites are Red Leicester, which I never seem to find in the states except the Aldi advent calendar or via online order, and comte, but my all time go to is Trader Joe's cheddar & gruyere melange. It's sooo good. And so reasonably priced. My doctor actually recommended I basically go vegan for a while, something about the diet being good when you have an autoimmune disease. I'm compromising at this point, eating as plant based as I reasonably can, but...I'm waiting until January to really start the dairy part of it.
                Ahhh, New Year's resolutions. Yeah, it's hard to start something like that with the holidays coming up. Hope it does work for you once you get it going.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Does anyone else here watch The Good Doctor. We just saw Paul Mcgillion playing a dying woman's ex- husband. It was a tearjerker and he did a great job with a short part.
                I don't watch that one, but sounds like a good role. I'll have to check it out.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

He is such a gem. I don't watch the show, but that's enough to make me want to check it out.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Ahhh, New Year's resolutions. Yeah, it's hard to start something like that with the holidays coming up. Hope it does work for you once you get it going.
                  I'll probably make a more generic New Years resolution, like to cook more with whole foods. I'm not committing to anything else at this point. As for the holidays thank goodness I moved my treadmill into my office. I've been good about walking almost every day with it staring me down, judging me. Maybe it will help me ward off those holiday calories. (Cookies, I'm looking at you.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Well I heard back from both my phone screenings for new jobs.... no luck. I have an in-person interview on Friday.

No but I recently watched Red Widow (2013) which had Jamie Ray Newman (Laura Cadman). She was great in it.

Vegan, huh? My niece did that for a few years but has given it up. It's one thing to give up meat, another entirely to give up dairy. You wouldn't believe how many things have eggs or butter.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Did a do-over with Cyprus last night, though they are smaller. They didn't even want to play the game cause last time we played them we creamed them -- it was a do-over... 6-1.
                    Awww, poor Cyprus.

We won all our games in the qualifying matches so I'm having high hopes for the European Championship next june.
                    Go Belgium!!

Comment

Awww, poor Cyprus.
                      You think that's bad?

A month ago, Armenia had a chance to qualify for a major tournament for the first time. Then we dropped points to a 1-1 draw with Lichtenstein, lost to Finland, lost to Greece at home (even though we'd won away), and ended with a 9-1 loss to Italy.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

You think that's bad?

A month ago, Armenia had a chance to qualify for a major tournament for the first time. Then we dropped points to a 1-1 draw with Lichtenstein, lost to Finland, lost to Greece at home (even though we'd won away), and ended with a 9-1 loss to Italy.
                        See, I love Iceland -- they are a nobody when it comes to Euro/World soccer but they are amazing on the field. They rarely stand a chance of winning a game, especially against countries much higher on the list... but they always go into the game with that sort of attitude where you know you got nothing to loose so you just play the game and hope for the best.

So every goal scored is a win.
                        There are literally no expectations or pressure at all.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You think that's bad?

9-1, huh? Ouch. That had to hurt. Is there no mercy rule? Oh wait, I remember that being a thing with the US Women's team, where they had run up the scoreboard and people were complaining about it.

See, I love Iceland -- they are a nobody when it comes to Euro/World soccer but they are amazing on the field. They rarely stand a chance of winning a game, especially against countries much higher on the list... but they always go into the game with that sort of attitude where you know you got nothing to loose so you just play the game and hope for the best.

Now that's the way to play, I guess!! I guess I should look at RI College Football that way.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I'll probably make a more generic New Years resolution, like to cook more with whole foods. I'm not committing to anything else at this point. As for the holidays thank goodness I moved my treadmill into my office. I've been good about walking almost every day with it staring me down, judging me. Maybe it will help me ward off those holiday calories. (Cookies, I'm looking at you.)
                            Walkies! I've been trying to take walkies every day. Fortunately, our driveway is long and hilly, so several times up and down makes for a pretty good hike.

Well I heard back from both my phone screenings for new jobs.... no luck. I have an in-person interview on Friday.
                            That stinks! Hoping you have better luck on Friday!

Vegan, huh? My niece did that for a few years but has given it up. It's one thing to give up meat, another entirely to give up dairy. You wouldn't believe how many things have eggs or butter.
                            And the ones that don't just don't taste the same.

Now that's the way all sports should be played, for the love of the game.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

No but I recently watched Red Widow (2013) which had Jamie Ray Newman (Laura Cadman). She was great in it.

Good luck!!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Walkies! I've been trying to take walkies every day. Fortunately, our driveway is long and hilly, so several times up and down makes for a pretty good hike.

Nice- I love hilly walks! Of course I live in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains so I don't have any choice in the matter when I'm outside
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X