Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Fanwoman] 2:35 pm: late!
    [Fanwoman] 2:35 pm: yum!
    [dahan] 2:36 pm: I got a choclate eclare with my name on it after this is done
    [Purpleyin] 2:36 pm: ate lunch quite late due to going shopping for food in the afternoon before
    shops closed
    [dahan] 2:36 pm: very Zen Carson!
    For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

[Purpleyin] 2:36 pm: I like the fact Carson is shown to have a lab in the first season
      [Fanwoman] 2:36 pm: ick! The moving legs was so icky!
      [Purpleyin] 2:37 pm: how come shep never has scars from the neck bite
      [dahan] 2:37 pm: infirmary was kind of his lab though...
      [dahan] 2:37 pm: he has a morgue too huh...
      [Fanwoman] 2:37 pm: yeah, given the genetic manipulation he does, you'd think they'd show
      it more
      [Purpleyin] 2:37 pm: as does dr biro?
      [Fanwoman] 2:37 pm: they have a pathologist in later seasons
      [Fanwoman] 2:37 pm: yup
      [Fanwoman] 2:37 pm: but I don;t think Brio is in season 1
      [Purpleyin] 2:37 pm: hotzone?
      [Purpleyin] 2:37 pm: I thought
      [dahan] 2:37 pm: I can't remember myself
      For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

[Fanwoman] 2:38 pm: oh, yeah
        [Purpleyin] 2:38 pm: whilst in protective gear
        [Purpleyin] 2:38 pm: hes' fairly calm here for 2 mins to live
        [dahan] 2:38 pm: like I said... soooo married
        [Fanwoman] 2:38 pm: such a good shot of the curve of Mr. Hewlett's nise
        [Purpleyin] 2:38 pm: Rodney that is
        [Fanwoman] 2:38 pm: nose
        [dahan] 2:39 pm: I kinda wanna pause to savor this moment... lol
        [Fanwoman] 2:39 pm: no momentum
        [Purpleyin] 2:39 pm: and wait for it, Kav is gonna save the day..
        [dahan] 2:39 pm: yea yea...
        [Fanwoman] 2:39 pm: die?
        [dahan] 2:39 pm: can hate him compeltely I know...
        [dahan] 2:39 pm: can't*
        [Fanwoman] 2:40 pm: nope

Comment

[Fanwoman] 2:40 pm: he is occasionally the only voice of reason, sadly
          [dahan] 2:40 pm: He cost the program a halfway station though!
          [dahan] 2:40 pm: mid point station I mean
          [Fanwoman] 2:40 pm: I love how he worries about others in big ways and small ways
          [Purpleyin] 2:40 pm: though often ignored e.g. critical mass
          [dahan] 2:40 pm: I'm still not sure how to feel about that moment in critical mass
          [Fanwoman] 2:40 pm: McKay was worried about Ford and about the jumper coming through
          like a bomb
          [Purpleyin] 2:40 pm: I can't remember what happened with the station
          [Fanwoman] 2:41 pm: but he gets no credit for it
          [dahan] 2:41 pm: Kav activated a wraith booby trap and blew it up
          [AnyRei] 2:41 pm: that was a beautyful atlantis shot

Comment

[Purpleyin] 2:41 pm: but could he reasonably have been expected to notice it?
            [dahan] 2:41 pm: McKay told him not to do anything but he did anyway
            [Purpleyin] 2:41 pm: i need to rewatch that ep sometime
            [Fanwoman] 2:42 pm: I don;t think Kav should have noticed
            [dahan] 2:42 pm: ehh coulda gone either way
            [Fanwoman] 2:42 pm: Mckay has instincts
            [Fanwoman] 2:42 pm: people should listen to him more
            [dahan] 2:42 pm: the survivors were locked with him in a jumper for like 2 weeks though so....
            [Purpleyin] 2:42 pm: and it's easier to let recurring characters make mistakes
            [dahan] 2:42 pm: don't look at the nurse rodney!!
            [AnyRei] 2:42 pm: that was cute Ford slapping McKay
            [Fanwoman] 2:42 pm: you said it, PY
            [Purpleyin] 2:42 pm: I like teyla's top
            [Purpleyin] 2:43 pm: colourful for athosians, usually very brown
            [dahan] 2:43 pm: See wardrobe diversity, it looks good!
            [dahan] 2:43 pm: teylas shirt looks like something out of LA California though
            [Purpleyin] 2:43 pm: I find it more interesting to have main ones make mistakes too though
            [Fanwoman] 2:43 pm: I found it weird that we don;t see the guys in civies as much
            [Purpleyin] 2:43 pm: They did do that in Trinity? S2 but then they didn't do fallout very well

Comment

[Purpleyin] 2:44 pm: I wonder if people got bored of wearing the same old things
              (characterwise) if they couldn't take more than a backpack
              [dahan] 2:44 pm: Sure, Elizabeth asks about Shep's Last words but come Rodney's turn in
              the Storm/Eye she just walks away from it!
              [Fanwoman] 2:44 pm: I know!!!
              [dahan] 2:44 pm: That was fun!
              [Fanwoman] 2:44 pm: '
              so not cool
              [Purpleyin] 2:44 pm: maybe that's because she's curious what shep would say but knows
              what rodney means to?
              [AnyRei] 2:44 pm: Yes
              [Fanwoman] 2:44 pm: yeah

Comment

[Fanwoman] 2:45 pm: maybe
                [dahan] 2:45 pm: I'll buy that....
                [Purpleyin] 2:45 pm: well, that was cool to do again. ****
                [Fanwoman] 2:45 pm: I'm glad it was season 1 episodes because I only have S1 on DVD lol
                [dahan] 2:45 pm: lol
                [AnyRei] 2:45 pm: I'm so glad i made it. this was fun
                [dahan] 2:45 pm: Very!
                [Purpleyin] 2:45 pm: I don't know if we should skip any eps or just keep doing s1
                [Fanwoman] 2:45 pm: I'd forgotten how cool the interface was
                [Fanwoman] 2:46 pm: on the DVD
                [dahan] 2:46 pm: they put some work producing the DVDs
                [Fanwoman] 2:46 pm: is it the same for the German one?
                [Purpleyin] 2:46 pm: yeah, it was nice
                [Purpleyin] 2:46 pm: I've not seen the interface on bluray yet
                [dahan] 2:46 pm: along with extras and commentaries and pix gallery
                [Purpleyin] 2:46 pm: as streaming it on my mac skips that
                [Fanwoman] 2:46 pm: a head's up display from the shuttle
                [Purpleyin] 2:46 pm: I must check out the extras too, not sure if they included more or not on
                bluray
                [dahan] 2:46 pm: I hear the complete collection even comes with the SciFi channel stargate
                specifals
                [Fanwoman] 2:47 pm: fun!
                [dahan] 2:47 pm: the blurays should PY
                [Purpleyin] 2:47 pm: it does say 50hrs of special features
                [Purpleyin] 2:47 pm: oooh extended episodes too
                [Purpleyin] 2:47 pm: not sure which ones are though
                [dahan] 2:47 pm: extended eps!?!?
                [dahan] 2:47 pm: wow
                [Purpleyin] 2:47 pm: I must load it up in my ps3
                [AnyRei] 2:47 pm: soooo i think i have to got to bed now. It's 11 pm shortly and I have to get
                up early...
                [Fanwoman] 2:47 pm: AnyRei, what's the DVD menu like on your version?
                [dahan] 2:48 pm: Good Night AnyRei!
                [AnyRei] 2:48 pm: same puddlejumper menu
                [Purpleyin] 2:48 pm: night Any
                [Fanwoman] 2:48 pm: good night!
                [AnyRei] 2:48 pm: have fun! good night

Comment

[Purpleyin] 2:48 pm: aw my kittens are mewing outside my door
                  [dahan] 2:49 pm: lol
                  [Purpleyin] 2:49 pm: I've not let them in whilst rewatching incase they jump all over my desk
                  [dahan] 2:49 pm: you have been watching for a long time
                  [dahan] 2:49 pm: probably time to give them some attention
                  [Purpleyin] 2:49 pm: yep, and cook me some food too
                  [Fanwoman] 2:49 pm: this makes me miss DH and the SG world
                  [The Cabin]: AnyRei has left at 2:49 pm
                  [Purpleyin] 2:50 pm: That there's no eps airing or just it being current?
                  [Fanwoman] 2:50 pm: poor kitties--not! XD
                  [dahan] 2:50 pm: none at all
                  [dahan] 2:50 pm: they air sometimes in syndication and reruns on Scifi but nothing else
                  [dahan] 2:50 pm: just the novels now I think
                  [Fanwoman] 2:50 pm: that I haven't tried to find any new DH stuff and that the SG world has
                  kinda gone on without me
                  [Fanwoman] 2:51 pm: we gave up on SGU
                  [Purpleyin] 2:51 pm: It doesn't go on much thesedays
                  [Purpleyin] 2:51 pm: It's mostly like a backlog that exists of fic and stuff I guess
                  [Purpleyin] 2:51 pm: There must be people writing etc still, but never be the same again
                  [dahan] 2:51 pm: I can't even bring myself there because sometimes I miss it
                  [Fanwoman] 2:52 pm: I occasionally get a review, so new people look into it
                  [dahan] 2:52 pm: that's very nice
                  [Fanwoman] 2:52 pm: I got one for Clarity the other day--blew me away
                  [dahan] 2:52 pm: I can't bring myself to finish my vids because I have to rewatch eps for clips
                  [dahan] 2:52 pm: and I miss it
                  [Fanwoman] 2:52 pm: it's the one about Grodin's sister--so obscure
                  [dahan] 2:53 pm: I can't remember if I read that one, sorry FW
                  [Fanwoman] 2:53 pm: I haven't checked for new stuff there in a while, but I know there's one
                  Teyla/Shep writer still cranking
                  [Purpleyin] 2:53 pm: Yes, true. I had one to my M/W poetry ficlets in Sept

Comment

[Fanwoman] 2:53 pm: she's in my favorites list, so I get updates on her
                    [Purpleyin] 2:53 pm: I really want to vid it still
                    [Purpleyin] 2:53 pm: Having a show end is helpful there in some ways
                    [Purpleyin] 2:54 pm: Then you know you have all of it there that there is, that that's what there
                    is to work with
                    [Fanwoman] 2:54 pm: lol--hadn't thought of that
                    [dahan] 2:54 pm: lol
                    [dahan] 2:54 pm: true
                    [Purpleyin] 2:54 pm: But I need to organise my files and free up lots of space to rip the blurays
                    [dahan] 2:54 pm: and maybe you can fix all the stuff that went to hell after S3!
                    [Fanwoman] 2:54 pm: ambitious
                    [Fanwoman] 2:54 pm: lol
                    [Purpleyin] 2:54 pm: I thought about maybe redoing old SGA vids in HD sometime too
                    [Fanwoman] 2:55 pm: I don't think even PY can do that
                    [Purpleyin] 2:55 pm: though that'd be a task
                    [dahan] 2:55 pm: ohh now that you mention it I completely lost a fic I was working on how
                    Weir met McKay...took forever and my comp crashes!
                    [Purpleyin] 2:55 pm: we need an alt!S3
                    [Fanwoman] 2:55 pm: I still watch the Bates one from time to time--so good!
                    [Purpleyin] 2:55 pm: He didn't exactly get much vidding love
                    [dahan] 2:55 pm: There's actually some decent Bates fic out there
                    [Fanwoman] 2:55 pm: aw!
                    [Purpleyin] 2:56 pm: Yeah, I've read some
                    [Fanwoman] 2:56 pm: boo for crashes taking fic
                    [Purpleyin] 2:56 pm: Bates/Sora was popular once too
                    [Purpleyin] 2:56 pm: strangely enough
                    [dahan] 2:56 pm: the funny thing is my old PDA had the ntoes but even that choked out
                    [Purpleyin] 2:56 pm: That is awful when you have to face rewriting
                    [Fanwoman] 2:56 pm: I wish the actor popped up more in other stuff--he's decent
                    [dahan] 2:56 pm: PY you should host a fic writers chat one of these days!
                    [dahan] 2:57 pm: maybe get the muses going again for a bunch of people!
                    [Fanwoman] 2:57 pm: I've been very fortunate with that
                    [dahan] 2:57 pm: ****
                    [Purpleyin] 2:57 pm: That's a good idea
                    [Purpleyin] 2:57 pm: I need to finish some of mine. I am awful for having WIPs

Comment

[Purpleyin] 2:57 pm: I need to finish some of mine. I am awful for having WIPs
                      [dahan] 2:57 pm: sounds like my Vids
                      [Fanwoman] 2:57 pm: I still have a McWeir M and a McWeir tragedy I never finished
                      [Purpleyin] 2:57 pm: Though half my problem with old fics is wanting to rewrite them too
                      [dahan] 2:58 pm: and my missing mcweir moment holiday ryhmes
                      [Fanwoman] 2:58 pm: aw!
                      [dahan] 2:58 pm: we talked about htat before on the fic writers thread...all of us want to
                      rewrite our stuff in some way!
                      [Fanwoman] 2:59 pm: not me ^^;
                      [Fanwoman] 2:59 pm: I'd rather write new
                      [dahan] 2:59 pm: we can't all be perfect!~
                      [dahan] 2:59 pm: ****
                      [Fanwoman] 2:59 pm: LOL
                      [Purpleyin] 2:59 pm: I tink I've gotten a lot better since I started Perfect Pair for example

Comment

For the rest of the convo please go to McWeir Central and check out the chatlog. We had a lot fun watching these eps!

Comment

Thought I'd pop in and say hello here. The rewatch event was good fun, be great to see more people there for the next one - currently taking suggestions on what episodes and what times for it. so if anyone has wanted to come to the past two but missed them due to timezone issues then please do suggest times that work for you too.

Also dahan mentioned that maybe it'd be a good idea to organise a chatroom meetup on MW Central for fic writers so that people can bounce ideas and help each other get their muses back to finish old fics or even start new ones. If anyone is interested let me know. We've got a thread on the MW forums about it here.

Comment

Not so random hello to the thread. If anyone is still reading, is there any interest in a fic writers chat over on mcweir.com forums (on the chatroom)? Just a bit of a chat to discuss fic ideas and get creative juices flowing for any unfinished pieces, whether it's WIPs online or ones that have never made it off your hard drive, or indeed for any people who want some encouragement to write their first fic.

Thinking of having the chat next Sunday, and trying to figure out the best time for people who want to come hang out that will work across timezones, so do come say hi and weigh in on that if you would like to join in.

Comment

I don't have much time for writing anymore, but I'd love to read some good McWeir fic! Please post your goodies here so I can indulge.
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Fic Writers chat now looking like it will be on Sunday 10th February, as two of us can make that date. Had suggested times of 1PM GMT or 8PM GMT. Once again, if anyone is interested in coming do mention if there's times that work best for you.

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                                I don't have much time for writing anymore, but I'd love to read some good McWeir fic! Please post your goodies here so I can indulge.
                                Hello. Nice to see you about. Even if you're not able to write anymore you could always come to the fic writers chat to act as a cheerleader/muse for others, and try to convince us to take your plot bunnies... ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X