Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
    10 points for the awesome idea!

Correction: Gold Star, 'ccording to Young.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Love that kino board idea. can also be used as stretcher too. Very nice.

can the kinos push Destiny 360 degrees toward earth? thinking ............

Comment

When I saw the episode I thought it was pretty cool and clever.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Correction: Gold Star, 'ccording to Young.
          Yeah Eli loved that!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by kbtkbt View Post
            Love that kino board idea. can also be used as stretcher too. Very nice.

can the kinos push Destiny 360 degrees toward earth? thinking ............
            you mean 180 degrees. 360 would put them in the same direction

Comment

Originally posted by randomking View Post
              ....was that just a board supported by keno's?....if so any one ells have a problem with that i mean come on if that many keno's can support close to a tun so they say i think it should be closer to like 200 lb's
              That is what it looked to me. I don't think two men manage to dig two tons of ice though. When they said a ton I think it was just figuratively.
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

ice can be heavy, and it's approximately 1 kg per liter. what they put on the bord was maybe a few hundred liters.

Young: How much can it carry
                Eli: i dont know, maybe a tonne. more than you two can carry.

Comment

Originally posted by randomking View Post
                  ....was that just a board supported by keno's?....if so any one ells have a problem with that i mean come on if that many keno's can support close to a tun so they say i think it should be closer to like 200 lb's

I loved the pad I wish someone could invent something akin to that on earth..

Talk about possibility for commercial application

Comment

Originally posted by arrakis44 View Post
                    It is starting to seem that way, there had to be a bunch of them under that sled. Though apparently the SGC had unlimited MALP's, so there is a precedent for unlimited "roving robots."
                    There's a difference, since Earth could manufacture MALP's, they can easily replace them. We also know they are sent back afterward, from episodes like Within the Serpent's Grasp and Urgo which are the first two which come to mind, so even if it's limited, they can still operate perfectly fine.

Who knows, maybe the Destiny can also manufacture them, or they just have a massive supply.

Comment

i imagine destiny has a couple hundred adn it looked like two layers of them under the board

Greers flame thrower was cool also

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                        there were at least 2 dozen kinos under there.

you should assume kinos are designed to work in extremely high gravity environments where people could not go, so it is not outside the realm of plausibility. I think it shows ingenuity and improvisation. They are going to need quirky solutions like that to survive long term.
                        Can't help but have MacGyver come to mind, cause that floating carrier sure was a MacGyver move
                        General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicbluemustang View Post
                          Rush didnt seem to happy that Young didnt bring back more ice instead of Scotty boy.
                          actually I would have rather Young leave Scott in the cravassssss and bring in the ice!

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                            what's next a flying suit powerd by kinos, or maybe maths boy will get fatter by making himself a hover chair and stop walking.
                            come on now, there there, I like Math Boy

Comment

Loved that idea with the hoverboard thing. Eli's a genious.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              i have a feeling there will be nearly unlimited kino's
                              Yeah, the ship probably makes them itself somehow.

Comment

seeing the size of these Kino's, they probably have a few hundred. even then, it wouldn't take up that much space compared to the total size of the Destiny

Comment

Working...
                                X