No announcement yet.

Kerblam! (3707 / 1107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't mind a radio controlled Twirly.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
      Wouldn't mind a radio controlled Twirly.
      As a bluetooth speaker... just saying...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        The horror stories I've heard about Sports Direct warehouses, they make Amazon look like a holiday camp by comparison.

But I was thinking, this episode has one of the simplest Doctor Who related cosplays ever. Your normal street clothes, plus a hi-vis vest with the Kablam logo on the back.
        I'd rather work for Kerblam! than Sports Direct.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          I'd rather work for Kerblam! than Sports Direct.
          Order picking -- I've got some experience in that. Packing, rather not.

Comment

Pick and Stow are about the only two jobs I haven't done in Amazon. Can't do them because it'd involve me getting stuff from locations at ground level, I've got bad knees and I kneel down for anything there's no guarantees I'd be able to get back up again without help.

I've done Receive (hated it, could never make my targets), Single Pack, Multi Pack, Bundler, and Shipping.

Shipping was easily my favourite, no targets to meet, just putting the boxes into the back of a trailer.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I loved picking as a back-up at my previous deskjob. It meant freedom in the warehouse and not having people constantly nagging in my ear about deadlines and images.

It was utter freedom for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I loved picking as a back-up at my previous deskjob. It meant freedom in the warehouse and not having people constantly nagging in my ear about deadlines and images.

It was utter freedom for me.
                People are such a P.I.T.A., aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  People are such a P.I.T.A., aren't they?
                  They can be... especially when the coffeemachine is broken.

Comment

After reading all these Posts, now I would love to see the Crew in a Callcenter enviroment and what they would do with it. That has been my main work area so far and there is also alot of bs afoot there. Especially cold calling people, aka calling them without any reason except that the company got your number.

Also I got to agree to your responses to my previous Post. I guess the System did have a hand in saving all those People, by sacrificing its own drones. It would have been interresting though, if the System complied to the point of changing delivery location, but refused to sacrefice the drones. In a sense them saying, hey we are alive too!
                    Last edited by tomstone; 23 November 2018, 06:45 AM.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                      After reading all these Posts, now I would love to see the Crew in a Callcenter enviroment and what they would do with it. That has been my main work area so far and there is also alot of bs afoot there. Especially cold calling people, aka calling them without any reason except that the company got your number.

Also I got to agree to your responses to my previous Post. I guess the System did have a hand in saving all those People, by sacrificing its own drones. It would have been interresting though, if the System complied to the point of changing delivery location, but refused to sacrefice the drones. In a sense them saying, hey we are alive too!
                      You have my sympathies. I've worked in a few call centre jobs. All inbound but in a variety of areas. Sales, insurance and banking. Two of them made me ill with anxiety. I only really enjoyed the Insurance one and that's because I felt like I was helping people most of the time but even then I just couldn't hack it in the end.

Comment

You have my sympathies. I've worked in a few call centre jobs. All inbound but in a variety of areas. Sales, insurance and banking. Two of them made me ill with anxiety. I only really enjoyed the Insurance one and that's because I felt like I was helping people most of the time but even then I just couldn't hack it in the end.

Ditto. Thats the main reason why I like it. Some people take me for crazy when I say I am happy to work at a center.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Ditto. Thats the main reason why I like it. Some people take me for crazy when I say I am happy to work at a center.
                          I can understand why some people do. I remember when I was doing well in the insurance one that I used to go home feeling really up beat because I felt like I'd done a good job and talked to some interesting people. Nice thing about insurance as well is that every call is different. Or at least it was in my bit cos I was taking car insurance claim calls for people who had accidents. Each call took anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes too so it was a fair chunk of time to chat to a person. After that though I was in banking and I was back to taking calls that only lasted 2 to 3 minutes at a time and it was just completely over whelming. Now I'm back to hating most members of the human race. I retreated to working in a kitchen away from customers accordingly.

Comment

I can understand why some people do. I remember when I was doing well in the insurance one that I used to go home feeling really up beat because I felt like I'd done a good job and talked to some interesting people. Nice thing about insurance as well is that every call is different. Or at least it was in my bit cos I was taking car insurance claim calls for people who had accidents. Each call took anywhere between 15 to 30 minutes too so it was a fair chunk of time to chat to a person. After that though I was in banking and I was back to taking calls that only lasted 2 to 3 minutes at a time and it was just completely over whelming. Now I'm back to hating most members of the human race. I retreated to working in a kitchen away from customers accordingly.
                            Lol. I know what you mean. Luckily I only had 1 Job where I couldnt help People and was really just bothering them. I was supposed to call them and sell a paid subscription to have your phone number listed online. Needless to say, I did not stay there longer than a week. I just would not trick people into doing that.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Lol. I know what you mean. Luckily I only had 1 Job where I couldnt help People and was really just bothering them. I was supposed to call them and sell a paid subscription to have your phone number listed online. Needless to say, I did not stay there longer than a week. I just would not trick people into doing that.
                              Oh geez I couldn't even begin to do that. I have this terrible disease where I have to be honest to customers so when they go "Why do I need this?" my response is usually something along the lines of "You really don't." It's an issue when the company gives you targets to upsell.

Comment

Oh geez I couldn't even begin to do that. I have this terrible disease where I have to be honest to customers so when they go "Why do I need this?" my response is usually something along the lines of "You really don't." It's an issue when the company gives you targets to upsell.
                                I once knew someone who couldn't do that in a clothing store, tell people they looked fabulous in something they were clearly better of not buying at all. She didn't last a week in that shop.

Comment

Working...
                                X