No announcement yet.

Sight Unseen (613)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes, the whole breakout was slightly unrealistic. There should have been more people asking questions. Who has heard of a pill fixing full blown hallucinations? As for tracking down the gas station attendant, the whole scene with his grandmother was slightly off. Not to mention how easy it was to spread the "cure" as they were calling it.

Not a very good episode.
    sigpic

Comment

this episode is right below emancipation for the worst episode of sg-1

but it gets me thinking about stuff like this in the real world and how plausible it is, freaks me out sometimes, maybe when you dont feel well its really an out of phase bug attached to your stomach or something

and the army guy was so annoying

anyway ill just pretend this episode never happened
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Capital letters? Punctuation?

Comment

I have real problems with this episode, other than the fact that it was slightly (ok, maybe more than slightly) ridiculous. Though, I did appreciate that even though everyone in the gateroom thought Jonas was crazy and seeing things, Hammond immediately hit the alarm and notified the base that it was not a drill. Usually the first thing that happens in a situation like that is the person seeing things is immediately shipped off to the infirmary to get checked out.

However, I really didn't like when Jack was about to leave to go fishing and he and Sam were talking - how Sam just dismissed Jonas as being stressed out because everything was so new to him. After having gone through almost the same thing in "Ascension" when everybody thought she was hallucinating because she was supposedly stressed out (apparently she didn't learn anything from that experience), I would have thought she'd be the first one to give Jonas the benefit of the doubt, but she didn't, and as much as I like her I thought she was being rather mean and insensitive. Though she did redeem herself later by apologizing to him.

It also continues to amaze me that Janet still thinks she can treat every kind of ailment with some kind of pill or injection instead of broadening her views of whatever possible ailments come into her infirmary (considering how often she's been wrong in her diagnosis or possible diagnosis). She never seems to think beyond doing blood tests, CT-scans, MRI's and whatever earth-based medicine there is. By now, I would think she'd be at least suggesting some kind of extraterrestrial source and wondering how to find it and what to do about it. After all the stuff that's come back to the SGC by SGC personnel, the Tok'ra and other aliens, one would think she'd start looking for more reasons than the obvious.

I am also astounded at how often they keep bringing alien items back to earth without some kind of proper waiting period or decontamination. Just because it was briefly examined off-earth and determined not to be emitting dangerous radiation doesn't mean it's safe to bring back - as proven by the fact that as soon as they got back to the SGC something was let loose (even if Jonas was the only one that saw it at first). They don't seem to learn from previous lessons.

There were cute moments, though - I do agree with that part.

Another part that bothered me a bit was when Jack stopped to get gas and saw the bug the first time. He fired his gun within just a few feet of the gas pump, while the gas nozzle was stuck in his truck. I don't know that much about such things, but it would seem extremely dangerous to fire a weapon that near something so flammable. A tiny spark could have caused an explosion that would have taken out that entire gas station, along with Jack and the station owner.
          Last edited by hedwig; 03 December 2008, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I have real problems with this episode, other than the fact that it was slightly (ok, maybe more than slightly) ridiculous. Though, I did appreciate that even though everyone in the gateroom thought Jonas was crazy and seeing things, Hammond immediately hit the alarm and notified the base that it was not a drill. Usually the first thing that happens in a situation like that is the person seeing things is immediately shipped off to the infirmary to get checked out.

However, I really didn't like when Jack was about to leave to go fishing and he and Sam were talking - how Sam just dismissed Jonas as being stressed out because everything was so new to him. After having gone through almost the same thing in "Ascension" when everybody thought she was hallucinating because she was supposedly stressed out (apparently she didn't learn anything from that experience), I would have thought she'd be the first one to give Jonas the benefit of the doubt, but she didn't, and as much as I like her I thought she was being rather mean and insensitive. Though she did redeem herself later by apologizing to him.

It also continues to amaze me that Janet still thinks she can treat every kind of ailment with some kind of pill or injection instead of broadening her views of whatever possible ailments come into her infirmary (considering how often she's been wrong in her diagnosis or possible diagnosis). She never seems to think beyond doing blood tests, CT-scans, MRI's and whatever earth-based medicine there is. By now, I would think she'd be at least suggesting some kind of extraterrestrial source and wondering how to find it and what to do about it. After all the stuff that's come back to the SGC by SGC personnel, the Tok'ra and other aliens, one would think she'd start looking for more reasons than the obvious.

I am also astounded at how often they keep bringing alien items back to earth without some kind of proper waiting period or decontamination. Just because it was briefly examined off-earth and determined not to be emitting dangerous radiation doesn't mean it's safe to bring back - as proven by the fact that as soon as they got back to the SGC something was let loose (even if Jonas was the only one that saw it at first). They don't seem to learn from previous lessons.

There were cute moments, though - I do agree with that part.

Another part that bothered me a bit was when Jack stopped to get gas and saw the bug the first time. He fired his gun within just a few feet of the gas pump, while the gas nozzle was stuck in his truck. I don't know that much about such things, but it would seem extremely dangerous to fire a weapon that near something so flammable. A tiny spark could have caused an explosion that would have taken out that entire gas station, along with Jack and the station owner.
            if they didn't bring back anything through the stargate their wouldn't be a show, it would be crap if they started to experience things off-world because it takes away the element of danger and the "what if it goes public" kind of thing.

well janet always does other tests too from previous experiences(like casandra and the bomb) but she only has earth based medicines available to her really so what do you expect her to do, pull a new device that searches for something not yet seen in previous episodes? that was a little too harsh.

as far as sam goes i see your point but it just refreshes the idea of Jonas still being the "new guy" n whatnot plus his exposure to naquadria get's mentioned which could of explained the hallucinations.

as far as jack shooting at a petrol station, it is dangerous but i think a bug that may be an even bigger threat is flying around is more of a concern for him at that moment in time.

i enjoyed this episode alot

Comment

All the episodes of a series can't be winners. This is one of those episodes.

You could skip watching this episode and it wouldn't make one bit of difference in the continuarity of the show. Nothing of any impact happens.

Comment

Originally posted by omnian View Post
                This has got to be the worst of Season 6. Brightly coloured aliens? And what was with changing the configuration of the crystals within the device? Surely it would have taken a LOT longer to figure out how to reverse it. The possibilities must be pretty high I imagine....especially since you can turn them around and stuff. Unless I missed something
                i agree that it was really bad. the alien thingys could have looked so much better.
                Some say that he has only one ear.
                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                All we know is he's called
                sigpic

Comment

Unless you're a fan of alternate reality bugs, this episode is not very interesting.

It had its few funny moments, but not my cup of tea.

The worst episode from season 6 .

Rating : 4 / 10

Comment

I agree this probably the weakest episode of season 6. Interesting idea of bugs that are all around us that people can't normally see, but the ep didn't really pull it off, more time should have been spent showing peoples reactions to seeing the creatures instead of the cliched chase of that Vernon guy.

Comment

Quite weak episode, if you ask me. Not the worst episode I have seen, but certainly not among the good ones either.

Comment

i like this episode. big bugs thats all i can say big bugs. i love the concept that like how a a pandemic starts by walking around and touching people the hallucinations of the big bugs spread
                        sigpic

Comment

jonas thought he was going crazy... that was funny.
                          sigpic

Comment

lol yes it was. i would have thought i was going nuts to BIG BUGS
                            sigpic

Comment

Big Ugly Alien Bugs.... yes, you're right Iw ould have thought the same!!
                              sigpic

Comment

sorry i can't get over the size of the bugs i would be freaking out. but if i was a member of sg1 i guess i wouldn't be so much because i would be use to the weird happening
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X