Powerless (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    edit: oh yes, on the plus side, at least Elle isn't as much of a comical one-dimensional freak anymore.
    Indeed! I really like what they've done with Elle toward the end here. I can't wait to see if she continues to progress when the show starts up again.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If Adam got out that scene would be ruined. But them again they seem to like to ruin good scenes with something stupid

Comment

Originally posted by HenryHayes View Post
        If Adam got out that scene would be ruined. But them again they seem to like to ruin good scenes with something stupid
        I personally don't think he will get out. I really hope the writers leave Hiro's punishment for Adam as it is. Let him suffer for eternity buried alive.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I personally don't think he will get out. I really hope the writers leave Hiro's punishment for Adam as it is. Let him suffer for eternity buried alive.
          If
          Spoiler:
          Nathan

is not saved in the next Volume & combine that with the extreme stupidy of this episode I got no problem with switching to 24 same time different channel I let alot of things slide this Volume but this Episode was something else

Comment

Originally posted by chyron View Post
            Hot s**t! I liked what Hiro did to Adam.
            That was about the only part I liked about the season finally.

very predictable and seemed very rushed.

I really wish someone would finish off Sylar. ugh...

Oh, there was another part I thought was good....when Parkman and Nathan came flying in. lol.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
              Parkman and Nathan came flying in. lol.
              I hope there is a deleted scene on the DVD with Nathan flying Matt & Nathan is trying not to drop him for being so heavy

Comment

Nathan! What a waste. He should have died in the blast last season like I wanted him to to make it meaningful.

Dang! Maya didn't stay dead. Don't really care about Niki.

Go Hiro. I hope they leave Adam like that. Won't he eventually die because of lack of oxygen? Then come back. Die again. Repeat for infinity. That's worse than dying and staying dead if that's how it's gonna work. How sadistic of Hiro.

Could anyone tell who the trigger man was that killed Nathan? It wasn't HRG was it?
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                  Oh, there was another part I thought was good....when Parkman and Nathan came flying in. lol.
                  "Let's never talk about this again, okay?"
                  "Yeah."

Quite possibly the best Heroes exchange ever.
                  Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    Could anyone tell who the trigger man was that killed Nathan? It wasn't HRG was it?
                    I thought it was his mother. It was someone with close-cropped hair dressed in black. In a later scene we see mom (who has close-cropped hair) dressed in black and talking on the phone. It seemed clear to me, but maybe I am drawing lines where there are none.

Comment

I'm very disappointed in the finale and the season as a whole. I didn't care about Maya or her bro, didn't care about Peter in Ireland, wasn't all that interested in Hiro in Japan, thought Adam was a poor baddie compared to Sylar, and thought Claire and West started at ick and didn't get much better. I felt like there were a lot storylines and characters that were introduced and promptly vanished or weren't tied together well. And the finale felt really rushed, though I can forgive most of that on the refilming due to the strike.

Either Nathan is dead or they'll use special blood or healing powers to resurrect him. I'm not sure which option I'd prefer. I'm starting to think that the healing could be overused as a way to get around death, lessening the emotional impact of it.

IMO, Heroes was at its best in the first half of season 1 and just went downhill from there. Frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        I thought it was his mother. It was someone with close-cropped hair dressed in black. In a later scene we see mom (who has close-cropped hair) dressed in black and talking on the phone. It seemed clear to me, but maybe I am drawing lines where there are none.
                        Ah okay. It cut so quick I didn't really get a good look. Suppose I wasn't paying that close attention. I thought she was getting a call about Nathan being dead rather than the other way around. Too much detail for me to absorb that quick in one watching. I'm not very good with details. Will have to watch it again Saturday.

I just wondered if it wasn't HRG since he is now having to deal with the devil again and do their bidding to protect his family.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

If the next volume can redeem this one, I might still remain an avid fan. But they've got a lot to redeem:

1) By the end of this season, I find myself caring about only five characters: Elle, Nathan, Noah, Parkman, and Hiro, and those are the only five that don't exit the season with intelligence. I was willing to write Hiro off as a dumbass last episode for charging Peter, but he earned redemption when he teleported behind him and actually asked what was going on. And then, what with what he did to Adam... Good stuff. Elle became interesting in this episode, actual growth of character (gasp!). Parkman's mind battle with Peter was pretty cool, I liked Parkman a lot more this volume than I did in the last. Noah and Nathan have always been my favorites, and if this truly is the end of Nathan I've lost a HUGE investment in the show. I think Peter could have died; he serves no purpose anymore and was a complete puppet all season. Claire, Peter, and Mohinder were all over the place this season while Micah, Sylar, Monica, and Niki were too static. As for Maya, don't even get me started on how pissed off I am that Nathan might be a goner while she gets the death-cure. And why did they make Ando a regular?

2) The virus is gone just like that? I can let this one go; they had to film an alternate ending and perhaps this explains it. Either way, blegh.

Some good stuff:

1) The characters mentioned above as intelligent (Hiro, Nathan, Noah, Elle, and Parkman) were all in top form. Hiro's way of dealing with Adam, Parkman's mind dual with Peter, Elle's slow transformation, Nathan's speech to Peter and press conference speech, Noah with the Company enjoying Bob's torture, and the Nathan/Parkman exchange when they landed. I could watch a show starring these five.

2) Bob's computer password was Midas. Hehe.

3) While I don't want a rehash of season one, I'm glad Sylar's got his powers back. I wish his time without them had changed him though.
                          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan
                          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

It's almost as if most of this season was a waste. Other than some introductory set-up, nothing really happened until the last couple of episodes, and for all Kring's excuses about the mistake of following last season's pattern, I'm not sure he did because I seem to recall last season having a lot more interesting detail along the way. Maybe time is adding colors where there were none, but I have this nagging feeling like there were a lot of agonizing mini cliffhangers sprinkled through even the first half of S1, whereas S2 rarely had me working up any energy. Or at least not positive energy.

Comment

Who was it that called Nathan and Niki dying? I could have sworn someone posted that prediction last week ... Who was it, again?

This was an entirely by-the-numbers episode. For all the slow, uninspired and unrisky build-up that they did in the previous 10 episodes, this episode was utterly unremarkable. Everything played out pretty much the way you expected it to, from the intervention with Peter to Hiro's revenge to Niki's heroic self-sacrifice.

The good:

1) Elle finally becomes a character worth caring about. She's still a brat looking for Daddy's approval, but now it's in a good way!

2) Sylar finally has his powers back.

3) Noah has to go back to work for the Company!

4) Molly. She's cute and cool.

5) Ma Petrelli seems to be either involved with or complicit in Nathan's murder. I'm glad she's survived to Volume III.

6) Hiro burying Adam alive. A bold choice on the writers' part.

The bad:

1) Hiro burying Adam alive. It seems uncharacteristically sadistic of him. After Sylar, is he really that squimish about killing someone?

2) Sylar's Popeye moment with the spinach can ... corny. "I'm back." Cornball.

3) Sylar didn't seem to grow as a character at all in Season Two.

4) In just two episodes, the Claire blood is becoming way over-used as a plot device.

5) Matt flying on Nathan's back -- obviously necessary to get them to Texas so quickly, but the exchange came across as pretty dopey to me.

6) Peter is my favorite character on the show, but even I can't continue to suspend disbelief in regards to his stupidity. He doesn't know Adam very well, Adam confessed to killing Hiro's father, Peter witnessed him murder Victoria, Hiro (whom Peter knows and trusts) told him that Adam has already tried to unleash the same virus once before ... and the fate of the world's population rests in just what Adam is going to do when he gets his hands on that vial. And guess what, Peter? You don't even have to confront him. You have the ability to read his mind.

7) Monica ended up not really being a character in her own right so far. She was a plot device for getting Niki killed. Micah and Elle both had more character development than Monica.

8) Maya, you're an idiot. And I don't mean the "Woah, the genius villain has been manipulating you" kind of idiot. I mean the dumber than a sack of dirt kind of idiot. The "I wonder if I confront this super-powered mass murder, who already said he plans to kill me, and who is waving a gun around right now, about killing my brother, if anything bad could possibly come of it" kind of idiot.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Am I the only one that missed & enjoyed Hiros "Flying Man" when he saw Nathan after they landed & you can just tell by the look of Nathans face that he was thinking "**** its him"

Comment

Working...
                                X