Will there be another movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    No, the finale would have been almost identical. It was written well beforehand, with the specific intention that it was going to be in movie format and serve as the end of the series. They cut out a few scenes (Jack and Sam were supposed to kiss in the cargo ship, they were supposed to parachute out onto the ice instead of using the ring transporter...) and tweaked the ending slightly. In the movie script, they were to find Atlantis under the ice, but had to tweak it to finding the outpost instead.
    O_o...that's pretty much what snowman said...
    sigpic

Comment

No, the finale would have been almost identical. It was written well beforehand, with the specific intention that it was going to be in movie format and serve as the end of the series. They cut out a few scenes (Jack and Sam were supposed to kiss in the cargo ship, they were supposed to parachute out onto the ice instead of using the ring transporter...) and tweaked the ending slightly. In the movie script, they were to find Atlantis under the ice, but had to tweak it to finding the outpost instead.
      Did you read my post beyond the opening sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        Did you read my post beyond the opening sentence?
        Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        O_o...that's pretty much what snowman said...
        Did either of you read the one preceeding it? Snowman said pretty much what I did
        sigpic

Comment

I did.

I actually would have been happy to have SG-1 end in The Lost City, although I might be in the minority there. If it had, I think we wouldn't be having this discussion as SG-1's format is the one that lends itself most easily to movies, which would never have happened if that series had ended back then.
          It reads like you wanted the show to end with the episode and continue with movies. Can you see how it looks like that?

Comment

Did either of you read the one preceeding it? Snowman said pretty much what I did
            Actually, you said what he said with a few extra details...however...where did you find that information?
            sigpic

Comment

It's from the audio commentary for "Lost City" on the Region 1 DVD.

Comment

I did.

It reads like you wanted the show to end with the episode and continue with movies. Can you see how it looks like that?
                I said I would have been okay with it ending in The Lost City. I didn't specify whether that was in movie or episode format. The script for The Lost City was written well in advance because it was their intention to do it as a movie, and then use it to launch Atlantis. It was tweaked at the end (they found the outpost instead of the city) because Syfy wanted to do both series at the same time. But you already know all of that

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Actually, you said what he said with a few extra details...however...where did you find that information?
                It's in the commentary. The parachute thing was swapped for using the ring transporter because of cost (although I would argue the ring transporter makes infinitely more sense), I assume the Jack/Sam thing was dumped because the series continued (making their relationship grounds for discharge).
                sigpic

Comment

Jack and Sam were supposed to kiss in the cargo ship
                  I've listened to that commentary, too, more than once, and I don't believe either Amanda or Martin were serious when they referred to a kiss. From the tone of their voices and other things said around the time of this comment, it was a joke. They were deliberately teasing the shippers.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

It's from the audio commentary for "Lost City" on the Region 1 DVD.
                    Ahhh...I might have to look at the commentary...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      I've listened to that commentary, too, more than once, and I don't believe either Amanda or Martin were serious when they referred to a kiss. From the tone of their voices and other things said around the time of this comment, it was a joke. They were deliberately teasing the shippers.

Seaboe
                      I thought otherwise, but its all conjecture unless they released the original script. I was just glad they didn't put it in. IIRC, there was also some more stuff regarding Hammond's journey to Area 51/The Prometheus, as well as a few more lines regarding "if we go, they go" which didn't end up in the final cut.
                      sigpic

Comment

Why would you ever want to have ended SG1 any earlier than they did? Yes, I am okay with the closure that it got. No sooner. SGA should have gotten some movies. Let us not forget that SG1 could have had some crossover with those movies just like the ST movie Generations did.

As far as SGU goes, it is not just the fact that it was cancelled that would cause it not to be involved, IMO, but the fan divide. If I was an executive of TPTW I would not include it in the first movie. More likely to make the first movie involving SGA and let in some SG1 crossover. I would give it some time and hope for the best in the near future after the first movie wets the taste buds for SG again. Then they can make another movie and bring in SGU. If that one succeeds then sky would be the limit. Let the prequels and sequels continue.

Due to said fan divide............this will be a long long long time coming. Who wants to risk losing more money in this economy when the fans of the franchise are asking each other to boycott this or that.

If the ST fans had been like that, all those movies would probably never been made.
                        Posting at.............
                        http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

SGA and SGU both need movies and fast. Oh, and we did see Furling tech in one Season 6 ep.(A Furling skeleton was cut from the episode).
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            What are / were the furlings? They keep getting mentioned but no one's ever seen one.
                            I don't know what they are but they sound like Ewoks or sth.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Okay, the movies have been shelved indefinitely. This thread is over. Just wanted to say it.

Comment

This became apparent when MGM was selling an auctioning stuff off back during SGU's second season. Will there be a third SG-1 movie? No. Was there at least a story concept for a third movie? Brad Wright says as much. Perhaps we should have a discussion going on what the third movie might have been?

Comment

Working...
                                X