Stargate: Golden Dawn 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7985274/...te_Golden_Dawn

Updated the fic. I was going to make this a big longer, but I decided to post this now and make the part I wanted to put up as part of chapter 3
    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Oi, Amann, check bookface soon will ya ? Hope I found the right guy to send a friend req

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7985274/...te_Golden_Dawn

Updated the fic. I was going to make this a big longer, but I decided to post this now and make the part I wanted to put up as part of chapter 3
        works for me!
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
          Oi, Amann, check bookface soon will ya ? Hope I found the right guy to send a friend req
          Yes, I accepted.

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
          works for me!
          Good to hear. I hope to at least get started on chapter 3 tonight. We'll see how the day goes.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, I accepted.
            I noticed, Chapter two is grea,t chapter three I await! Also, remember my offer from YIM If we can do a collab writing on a pad together we might be able to get a LOT done for Black Wolf and Silver Wolf, even more for Galadriel and Amann interaction too!

Maybe even add in another ally to the mix perhaps.....

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Hello folks. I'm back.

Been thinking more abouta possible crossover between Golden Dawn and Tauri-Furling series. I'd actually written out a very tentative scene in which Amann and co are negotiating with Il'ras and co. However, I pressed submit and didn't succeed at actually posting the content b/c of a timeout. No big loss; I restarted, and I couldn't get Amann in character so well lol.

Anways, I'm listing adn describing major T-F Series characters we can work with in the future.

Il'rahnd Aravansel: first leader of a united Furling people; lived during the pre-'Furling' era, when the elves comprising the Furling were divided into ideologically tribes whose leaders were either shunning each other or waging war on each other, all the while their common enemy was trying to exterminate them all; son of a frowned-upon marriage and 'illegal' marriage between one tribal noble and another; led highly successful peaceful resistance against harmful tribal divisions and armed resistance against Oruckses, Tch'rahlls, Oaeg'kirs enemies; founder of the nation of Furliya in its first incarnation, laid the foundations for Furliya as a Triangulum galaxy highly benevolent superpower for the next hundreds of millions of years; ancestor of Il'ras Aravansel, Nerilis Aravansel, and Elryn Aravansel

Than'ruil Aelerothi: confidant and friend to last Aravansel line monarch ; last King of Furling Unified Kingdom/ later founder and first High Consul of the Furling Unified Republic; ancestor of Tran'duil and Lekilis Aelerothi; saved the Furling Nation from forty major Erri takeover attempts

Il'ras Aravansel: current High Consul of the Furling Unified Republic (democratically elected non-hereditary position); direct descendant of Il'rahnd Aravansel, which along with his own outstanding accomplishments in the Furling Armed Warfare Services (FAWS) and the Furling Consulery and previously Furling Executory allows him to draw great respect from the Furlings and their allies

Tran'duil Aelerothi: current Deputy High Consul of the Furling Unified Republic; direct descendant of Thran'uil Aelerothi, which along with his achievements as a soldier and statesman commands great respect from th eFurlings and their allies

Ettrian Duirsar: current Furling Executor For National Military Defense/ Supreme Warfare Officer; close friend and comrade-in-arms of both; formerly Supreme Craft Officer of the Aerial-Spacial Fightborne Combat Craft Service (aka ASFCS; similar position to an Air Force chief of staff) very kindly and down-to-Earth elfman but despite these qualities he severely scares the heck out of his peoples' numerous powerful Triangulum Galaxy enemies b/c he's scored a lot of incomparable victories against them on the battlefield

Nerilis Aravansel: son of Il'ras Aravansel; current high-ranking Terrestrial Engagment Service (TES) general; has an abrasive, cocky personality; fights and achieves like Earth general George S. Patton

Elryn Aravansel : daughter of Il'ras Aravansel; one of Furliya's greatest physicians; mutual love intert of Lekilis Aelerothi; once decade-long hostage of their mortal Erri elf enemies

Lekilis Aelerothi: son of Tran'duil Aelerothi; high-ranking TES general; very down-to-Earth personality; fights and achieves like Earth generals Omar N. Bradley, Maxwell D. Taylor, and James Gavin
              So, any thoughts Amann on how to this crossover story? I do realize that you're may be in the midst of working on chapter 3 right now, and possibly also collaborating with Awinita on it, so we may hjave to wait some time to collaborate. But on your end, do you have any basic ideas opn hwo to use the T-F main characters?
              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

So, any thoughts Amann on how to this crossover story? I do realize that you're may be in the midst of working on chapter 3 right now, and possibly also collaborating with Awinita on it, so we may hjave to wait some time to collaborate. But on your end, do you have any basic ideas opn hwo to use the T-F main characters?
                You still on gateworld.net these days Amann lol?

Comment

You still on gateworld.net these days Amann lol?
                  Yeah I'm here. Sorry, forgot there was a reply to the thread.

There are always negative space wedgies to connect the universes. Stargate is alot like Star Trek in some of the ways that Tech of the Week is used. But more than likely, the galaxy is just a really big place and it would be easy to find races never mentioned in the show. Plenty of places the Goa'uld do not have influence over, it's just they are the major power with their numbers and vast resources.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah I'm here. Sorry, forgot there was a reply to the thread.

Ah; it's cool. Does happen sometimes hehe.

There are always negative space wedgies to connect the universes. Stargate is alot like Star Trek in some of the ways that Tech of the Week is used. But more than likely, the galaxy is just a really big place and it would be easy to find races never mentioned in the show. Plenty of places the Goa'uld do not have influence over, it's just they are the major power with their numbers and vast resources.
                    True--altho I was wondering if we could bring about an xover by actually having the Alesians end up in this different universe, b/c my Furling are allied with Earth too like the Alesians are.

Have started writing a tentative draft which I'd like you to scrutinize in all fairness b/c it's 1/2 your story tho. First tho, I'd thought to include for Alesians: Amann, and maybe Galadriel and Demos for the other Alesian H.C. members as well as Ayen and some other Alesian generals and some legates in this scene. We'll definitely discuss the final Alesian characters present for this xover chapter one and also the Furling characters present for chapter one. I'm thinking Il'ras, Tran'duil. Ettrian and some other military officers, the Prime Executor and some Executory Grand Component (equivalent to Earth govt's Executive Branches) Department Executors.

Comment

I wonder how the Alesians would react to the Triumvir Republic......

Hurrin
                      Shangeili
                      Unggoy

Those three races, the Huriin are feline, they have High Elf type names, the Unggoy are Grunts from Halo yes, so they have typical Grunty names like Yingda and Yodin, and Duffen, and Bofafo and such their technology is pretty much right from halo, though enhanced with Ancient tech, though they regard that Atlantis was inspired by Forerunner arcitecture. So they meet the Ancients at what they call Installation First Meeting, which is actually the Ark from Halo 3. they know there are planets made by the Forerunners, {shield worlds} and also the Portal Device on Earth, which they may soon make their way to to use....

But I wonder though now, how would these Republic, which defend their space like nuts {The Unggoy have three planets and dozens of space stations to themselves given by the Ancients and such} the Huriin, the felines regard where Bastet once lived as holy ground, they are also looking for the remains of Lod Yu's holdings.

Meanwhile the republic also possess World Devestator technology in their CSO class ships. which are massive massive things

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                        I wonder how the Alesians would react to the Triumvir Republic......

Hurrin
                        Shangeili
                        Unggoy

Those three races, the Huriin are feline, they have High Elf type names, the Unggoy are Grunts from Halo yes, so they have typical Grunty names like Yingda and Yodin, and Duffen, and Bofafo and such their technology is pretty much right from halo, though enhanced with Ancient tech, though they regard that Atlantis was inspired by Forerunner arcitecture. So they meet the Ancients at what they call Installation First Meeting, which is actually the Ark from Halo 3. they know there are planets made by the Forerunners, {shield worlds} and also the Portal Device on Earth, which they may soon make their way to to use....

But I wonder though now, how would these Republic, which defend their space like nuts {The Unggoy have three planets and dozens of space stations to themselves given by the Ancients and such} the Huriin, the felines regard where Bastet once lived as holy ground, they are also looking for the remains of Lod Yu's holdings.

Meanwhile the republic also possess World Devestator technology in their CSO class ships. which are massive massive things
                        I recognize the Sangheili and Unggoy races from Halo. Almost thought the Hurrin were another name for the Furling lol. Could you give us an example of their names?

Wonder how well well they incoprorate the tech tho; b/c In the Halo game Cortana mentions that the Covenant doesn't utilize their scavenged Forerunner tech efficiently.

Before the game devs revealed what the Forerunners were like, it was brilliant that some Xover writers had the Forerunner turn out to be the Ancients.

Does Earth in this reality know of these races thru Halo?

Comment

I recognize the Sangheili and Unggoy races from Halo. Almost thought the Hurrin were another name for the Furling lol. Could you give us an example of their names?

Wonder how well well they incoprorate the tech tho; b/c In the Halo game Cortana mentions that the Covenant doesn't utilize their scavenged Forerunner tech efficiently.

Before the game devs revealed what the Forerunners were like, it was brilliant that some Xover writers had the Forerunner turn out to be the Ancients.

Does Earth in this reality know of these races thru Halo?
                          A few examples of Huriin names; Fleetmistress Ewywn, a black and white striped nine and a half foot tall alien feline woman, Kelona, Chiefg medic for the Council, basically the Council of the three races that form the republic have a High Councilor, a Vice High Councilor which is noremally the high councilors mate or imediate next of kin, then they have secretary level as if part of a Presidents cabint {High and Vice are pretty much President and Veep} the council is made up of various groups, medical, army, FleetsMasters/Mistresses {four, one for each fleet}, and also money keepers and the like.

I'd think no, they would not know of the Republic, since in this universe as a whole the republic formed when the Grunts & Elites rebelled against the Prophets, then using the Forerunner ship in Halo 2 destroyed te Prophets Holy City and fled to the Brute homeworld which they then glassed. It was through the machinations of the Huriin that they were able to do such thing in the first place. the brutes and prophets then died off and the Republic, newly formed, left for another galaxy fro mtheir own. the revere Forerunner technology and use it only sofar {in the case of World Devestator technology which they actually figured out how to use, its pretty much similar to how the Ark makes a Halo}

The Ancients however are not the Forerunners, though they were inspired by them, instead they found several Forerunner items and buildings deep within the Earth and two other planets {Reach and Zuriis} upon investigating the places further the arcitecture inspired them to make some city ships like Atlantis and the like.

It was then on a fateful day about 900 million years ago in the time of the storyline that the Triumvir Republic found the Ark, which they now call Installation First Meeting in the middle of deep space. in the void between galaxies. They found the Ancient warships there and seeing the ancients on the Ark they attacked in order to drive them off the Holy Ground, however a peace treaty was brokered and the four races then traded technology

To the Ancients was given the Wormhole drive, which the Triumvir Republic calls a Slipspace drive. In return the ancients gave knowledge, some technology, and some much needed food supplies and planets to call home.

Lots for another thread I am sure, but it is worth thinking about and personally I'd like Amann's thoughts on this idea

Comment

True--altho I was wondering if we could bring about an xover by actually having the Alesians end up in this different universe, b/c my Furling are allied with Earth too like the Alesians are.

Have started writing a tentative draft which I'd like you to scrutinize in all fairness b/c it's 1/2 your story tho. First tho, I'd thought to include for Alesians: Amann, and maybe Galadriel and Demos for the other Alesian H.C. members as well as Ayen and some other Alesian generals and some legates in this scene. We'll definitely discuss the final Alesian characters present for this xover chapter one and also the Furling characters present for chapter one. I'm thinking Il'ras, Tran'duil. Ettrian and some other military officers, the Prime Executor and some Executory Grand Component (equivalent to Earth govt's Executive Branches) Department Executors.
                            It would be interesting....I could see an Alesian expeditionary fleet coming into contact. Such fleets in my rebooted story are converting worlds. After the time stasis wore off, Amann realized that outright conquering was impossible, so the Empire had to adopt a new face or benevolent facade. So what they have been doing for 5 years was sending fleets to nearby worlds to assimilate like in original story. They offer tech, protection, education, and wealth to get what they want.

Let's put it this way, the Alesians absolutely love the Goa'uld in that it is a convenient boogeyman to scare the locals with. In principle, they loathe the snakeheads for being practitioners of slavery and genocide. Even the cold and ruthless Alesians aren't genocidal. Hence why when Amann goes insane, it happens that way.

I do not know how the Alesians would react to the presence of a Republic made up of the Halo races and a bunch of high elves.....wary at the very least, especially if they hold Ancient tech. They wouldn't think much of the grunts as fighting soldiers.....they would be almost derisive of them for being cannon fodder.
                            sigpic

Comment

I do not know how the Alesians would react to the presence of a Republic made up of the Halo races and a bunch of high elves.....wary at the very least, especially if they hold Ancient tech. They wouldn't think much of the grunts as fighting soldiers.....they would be almost derisive of them for being cannon fodder.
                              Felines actually, they just have High Elf names, and also some Dark Elf names from Warhammer, if only I can find a Warhammer name generator >.< and most of their tech predates the Ancients, so nothing to really worry about unless the Alesians want Slipspace drives

Comment

[QUOTE=Amann;13401360]It would be interesting....I could see an Alesian expeditionary fleet coming into contact. Such fleets in my rebooted story are converting worlds. After the time stasis wore off, Amann realized that outright conquering was impossible, so the Empire had to adopt a new face or benevolent facade. So what they have been doing for 5 years was sending fleets to nearby worlds to assimilate like in original story. They offer tech, protection, education, and wealth to get what they want.
                                [/QUOTDE]

So this would be in a reality in which neither Alesians or Furling have met Earth in the modern-day yet. We 'd have to think about a conflict in which the Alesians insist on getting what they want and the Furling, out of principle, refuse to cede whatever it is they want. It could be the Alesians come into a conflict with a Furling ally which belongs to the West Triangulum Defense Organization (WTDO) and the Furling dutifully reinforce their allies.

Good--we're making some progress on the plot outline of a crossover.

No rush, and we can continue to smoothly put out the plotline basics.

Comment

Working...
                                X