Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The working title as we all know is appallingly 'Stargate: Universe' and Robert C. Cooper has admitted that it will introduce the function of the gate's ninth chrevron. He says that they've dealt with the eighth chevron that sends people to other galaxies.

The ninth must indeed send them to other universes thus the lame title 'Stargate Universe'...So it's going to be more or less a rip-off of Sliders...

I hope they come up with something better *on knees* GOD!!!! WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN TO US!!!

Anyone disagree with me because I'd love to hear your views. ^That's just mine personally lol
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      They told us Atlantis was going to be separate from SG-1 and look how well that worked out.
      Uh yeah, I remember that too. So much for that....

Comment

Do you know this, or do you just assume this? If you indeed know, I respectfully request a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Zed.P.M. View Post
          Do you know this, or do you just assume this? If you indeed know, I respectfully request a link.
          lol just speculation I guess for now.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...nth_chev.shtml

That's for the GW bit.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

He's not being serious.

But just incase I am wrong, god I hope not. They could do that by retconning the destruction of the Quantum Mirror.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe ther guna be exploring the ENTIRE universe instead of just our galaxy, i mean it would make sense because it would essentially still have to use the gate and we would meet so many new unexplored beings and places, preventing the overuse of ships.

Comment

Maybe the 9th chevron does just add another distance calculation to take us out of our local cluster of galaxies, and out into the rest of the Universe (like an international dialing code for a telephone).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  They told us Atlantis was going to be separate from SG-1 and look how well that worked out.
                  Well atleast Robert and Brad have acknowledged that. So the new series, may infact prove to be different.

Originally posted by mascot View Post
                  ... some real people that cant overcome everything. what was good about sg1 at the start was they were vulnerible especially daniel then they started kicking everyones ass'. ...
                  Cool. Have real people that are still in awe of the Stargate, space travel, aliens and the Ancients but have an important roll to play.

eg: Ancient gene 'Power User', or someone like Daniel who posess unique knowledge and insight
                  It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Maybe the 9th chevron does just add another distance calculation to take us out of our local cluster of galaxies, and out into the rest of the Universe (like an international dialing code for a telephone).
                    what i said basically lol

Comment

Then again when were talking bout this how would we get to the far away galaxies without ther being a stargate on the other end cos the ancients have only been to milky way pegasus and their home galaxy and the ori have only been to their home galaxy and now ours so it may well be the anceint/ori home galaxy we travel to once we defeat the ori. Perhaps setting up a base of operations there because we cant gate home due to the distance travelled and thus making it "stand alone" as the producers say it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz! View Post
                        Have real people that are still in awe of the Stargate, space travel, aliens and the Ancients but have an important roll to play.
                        I know! It can be like the movie Memento- the whole team suffers from a short term memory problem that causes them to forget everything any time they go to sleep/are startled. They'll have to keep masses of notes (or have things tattooed on them) but they'll never lose their sense of awe because every mission will seem like their first! You can have eps centering around someone losing their notes, or having the bad guys swap in other notes to confuse 'em and make them do the wrong things! Oooo, how devious! And the best part is that the whole thing has a reset button built into it! They never have to deal with the consequences of anything they do/anyone they meet because they'll have forgotten it!

Wow, I'm surprised the producers haven't hopped on this idea already.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                          what i said basically lol
                          I was in agreement with your post.

Comment

I was in agreement with your post.
                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                              Then again when were talking bout this how would we get to the far away galaxies without ther being a stargate on the other end cos the ancients have only been to milky way pegasus and their home galaxy and the ori have only been to their home galaxy and now ours so it may well be the anceint/ori home galaxy we travel to once we defeat the ori. Perhaps setting up a base of operations there because we cant gate home due to the distance travelled and thus making it "stand alone" as the producers say it will be.
                              How do you know they have only been to those galaxies?
                              The ones we know about that ancients have been in are: Ori galaxy, Ida, Pegasus and Milkyway. But nowhere is it said they havent been to more then those
                              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                                How do you know they have only been to those galaxies?
                                The ones we know about that ancients have been in are: Ori galaxy, Ida, Pegasus and Milkyway. But nowhere is it said they havent been to more then those
                                Well the ori didnt knwo there was life in any other galaxy than there own, i guess my grammer was wrong and should have said there would be no point in the ori placing gates in other galaxies if there was no life, and with the ancients they were on a long journey through space for generations until they came here never has it been mentioned they stopped and built gates in a different random galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X