Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes ~ Spoilers for all aired episodes, future spoilers tagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished the encore broadcast of "The Wolf and the Lion." A re-watch didn't dim the bristling energy in this episode.
    • Robert being too fat to fit in his armor. It definitely hearkens all the way back to "Winter is Coming" when Ned asks Catelyn, "How did he get so fat?"
    • Ser Jorah playing both sides against the middle. I remember from the book that there was talk from Varys or some other lord about where his true loyalties are. The way Iain Glen's performance has been so far, I would never have known what's really afoot unless Varys told the council that Jorah had been sending them information.
    • The design of the Eyrie. I really like that the dungeons aren't walled but are on the edge of a daunting fall. Summary executions there would be cleaner and unless the prisoner can fly, death is certain.
    • Baelish & Varys facing off in their little duel of intrigues. So just who is this necrophiliac lord?
    • I mentioned this before but it's worthy of another mention: The dragon skull. I want more.
    • The costumes continue to impress me, especially at the tourney.
    • The House Baratheon motto: "Ours is the fury." Though I will always love the direwolf emblem of House Stark, "Ours is the fury" is damn badass.
    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 16 May 2011, 01:21 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

"I'm going to open your Lord from balls to brains and see what Starks are made of"

Just epic. Damn there was so much to love in this ep. The end fight was incredible, poor Jory. The Mountain that Rides was great and they really sold just how unhinged Lysa was. Oh and Bronn (the Merc that Tyrion was getting friendly with) was really well played, loved the funny little comments between him and Tyrion.

So much to love in this ep.

Comment

Cersei to Robert: "I'm sorry your marriage to Ned Stark didn't work out."

She knows how to set a scene.

Also...
        - Arya's "I'm a girl" to Yoren bears repeating, if only for the exasperated way Maisie delivered it.
        - The Hound ducking when Robert demanded it, dodging his brother's finishing blow as he did. Classic.
        - Littlefinger: "You **** enough women and they'll eventually bring you presents."

Man I love this show.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          "They say the Eyrie is impregnable."
          "Give me ten of my best men and some climbing spikes; I'll impregnate the *****."
          Hey don't forgot Tyrion saying "I like you" after Bronn's comment about impregnating the Eyrie.

It's a tossup between this and the "balls to brains" line from Jaime for imo what was the greatest dialogue in this ep.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
            Hey don't forgot Tyrion saying "I like you" after Bronn's comment about impregnating the Eyrie.

It's a tossup between this and the "balls to brains" line from Jaime for imo what was the greatest dialogue in this ep.
            Lol yeah. Tyrion seems to make a habit of becoming buddies with scummy-looking guys - like Yoren and now Bronn. Must be his nature.

I think I'll give the best line to Tyrion, but the best moment (Him punching out the guy who stabbed Ned) to Jaime.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Lol yeah. Tyrion seems to make a habit of becoming buddies with scummy-looking guys - like Yoren and now Bronn. Must be his nature.
              Tyrion seems to like those who are the odd men out, as well as people who aren't afraid to speak their minds, especially about his favorite subjects--like sex.
              sigpic

Comment

"Whores rarely sink."
                sigpic

Comment

Tyrion.
                  "Im game if she is" or something like that
                  sigpic

Comment

Now, for those who don't know, both episode six and episode seven came out today - episode seven exclusively for HBO-GO viewers. Now, since that's not everybody here, I'm asking that any favourite moments for episode seven, and any discussion, kept in tags until the rest of the world catches up next week. Is that fair, or...?

Anyway, for episode six... Where to begin? I'll list only a few so everyone else can fill in the blanks.

- Arya and Ned both struggling to keep a straight face as Sansa went on about Joffrey. Like father, like daughter.

- Tyrion's confession. "I still remember her tits bouncing..."

- Bronn Vs Ser Vardas. "You did not fight honourably." "He did."

- The Golden Crown. Ahahaha. Ha. Haahahahaha. Ohmygod.

Comment

My favorite moments this week each featured a character getting pissed off or otherwise being irreverent about something.
                      • Robert: "You were the brother I chose." This really shows how much he considers Ned to be like his family. If Rhaegar Targaryen hadn't kidnapped Ned's sister Lyanna and did gods know what to her, they would've been brothers. Though such loyalty is admirable, Robert does have two brothers and failing to love them has created certain problems that Robert is only peripherally aware of.
                      • Renly standing up to Robert. I'm starting to respect Renly more than Robert to be honest. For one thing, he ain't a drunk and he's much more level-headed than his brother. I don't remember Renly being this good in the book but I'm glad the producers went with this route. Though I find Robert amiable much of the time, he was being a real **** when they went hunting and I'm glad Renly had the guts to stand up to him even though he's the king. Renly was of course absolutely right about calling Robert out with his "back in the old days" false romanticism foolishness. Renly has been paying more attention to what's actually happening than Robert is.
                      • Ser Barristan. While Renly is chewing out Robert about the "making the eight" comments, Ser Barristan looks at Robert in a very interesting way. He gives Robert this same piercing look when Robert starts chugging more wine. This is a look of a knight making a judgement about his king, and finding him wanting. I think this is an important moment for Ser Barristan and what he thinks of the kings of Westeros in general.
                      • Tyrion. My God he's a big highlight in this series. If Peter Dinklage doesn't get at least an Emmy for his performance, I'll be surprised. His lurid open confessional to the court at the Eyrie had me literally laughing and applauding, especially when he mentioned skinning the sausage. But what really impressed me was when he handed his gold to Mord and fulfilled the Lannister truism: "A Lannister always pays his debts." Whatever Catelyn, Lysa, Rodrik, and everybody else at the Eyrie think about Tyrion and the Lannisters in general, Tyrion has a code that he sincerely honors. That says loads about his character.
                        Spoiler:
                        There's also the fact that Tyrion is, in truth, innocent of everything he is accused of. Though Jaime and Cersei were responsible for Bran's fall, someone else was responsible for the assassination attempt with the dagger. And as for Jon Arryn's death, two VERY unlikely conspirators, not Tyrion, were responsible for that mess.

• Bronn. He championed Tyrion with a literally shrug and then won the match with a similar shrug. Bronn had plenty of energy while he made Ser Vardis tire himself out with all his heavy armor and his shield while he controlled the tempo of the fight by making Vardis come to him. He outfought his opponent with guile and intelligence. I'm not quite sure what everybody at the Eyrie considered dishonorable about his fighting tactics.
                      • Syrio. He had one of the best lines in the entire series to date: "There is no god but Death. There is only one thing we say to Death. 'Not today'." Awesomeness.
                      • Daenerys. Multiple layers of awesomeness. She is a true dragon of course, being unharmed by very hot dragon eggs or by heat in general. That and she endured eating a freakin' raw heart of a horse or whatever it is she ate and then some. She is every thing her brother can't be.
                      • Drogo and Viserys' fate. I knew what was coming from the book so actually seeing it was a delight. I also loved that Dany was emotionless at his demise, dismissing him as not being a true dragon.
                      Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 23 May 2011, 01:31 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Some Viserys lines, in memoriam. Lawl.

Viserys: "She has to eat the whole heart?"
                        Mormont: "Yes."
                        Viserys: "Hope it's not from my horse."

Viserys (Taking the dragon eggs): "One will pay for a ship, and two will pay for a ship and an army."
                        Mormont: "So you're taking all three."
                        Viserys: "I need a big army."

Comment

Some Viserys lines, in memoriam. Lawl.

Viserys: "She has to eat the whole heart?"
                          Mormont: "Yes."
                          Viserys: "Hope it's not from my horse."

Viserys (Taking the dragon eggs): "One will pay for a ship, and two will pay for a ship and an army."
                          Mormont: "So you're taking all three."
                          Viserys: "I need a big army."
                          RIP Viserys, the Dragon the "shadow of a snake" (to quote Mormont).
                          sigpic

Comment

Damn the crowning was horrible, in a good way. I'm, hardened to blood and violence in my shows and films, but damn that made me wince.

And the rest of the ep was full of win. I think, judging by the amount I laughed this must have been the comedy ep. I wanted to carry on listening to Tyrion's stories, as did Robin I think.

Comment

I decided to list off my favourite scene in every episode... It was hard to just choose one.

Winter Is Coming: Probably just the introduction of the Stark's family - Bran the wannabe archer, Robb and Jon trying to be encouraging, Jon getting the stinkeye from Cat, Sansa doing great needlework, Ned being fatherly and awesome, and, of course, Arya coming out of nowhere and beating Bran to the target. Awe-some.

The Kingsroad: A very tough one, and it has been a few weeks now, but I might name my favourite as the one early on between Tyrion, Jaime and Cersei in the dining hall - Jaime was awesome, Tyrion was awesome, Cersei was understandably worried... and the scene just came off of Tyrion's pimp-slapping of Joffrey, so always fun!

Lord Snow: The ending scene, with Arya's dancing lesson with everyone's favourite SYRIO FOREL, but going out on a bitter note with Ned having a flashback to the days of war.

Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things: Another very, very, hard one to choose from, but... Yeah, I'll go with Jon and Sam's bonding in the dining hall, which gets interrupted by a very scary story from Throne.

The Wolf and Lion: I'm torn on two, I really am. It's either the battle at the end or the Robert/Cersei scene, so... Tie. I have to call it a tie.

A Golden Crown: Bronn Vs Ser Vardis. The shocked cries in the attending audience as Bronn prepares to take his final strike, Robin's "Is it over?", and Tyrion's awesomeness... Just great fun. "You do not fight with honour." "No. But he did."

Comment

Loved Tyrion Lannister confessing every wrong he has ever done

Sansa saying she "I don't want someone 'brave, kind and strong' I want him [Joffery]

and of course the death of Viserys.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X