Jolinar's Memories (312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor
    Seeing this thread and Astro's pics reminds me how much I enjoyed this episode and its sequel. I miss the richmess of the visual designs - the hellish moon, the costumes, Sokar's make-up. The story is involving and the acting is excellent.

I miss this kind of Stargate.
    Well you are not the only one who misses this sort of ep. they show what a great actress AT is, and how good she is when she is being whumped. I love it when she is being tortured. If she has to show emotions and pain.
    But this ep. is more than AT, you get a really great story line. You get the martouf and jolinar(sam) thing. And you see how the other teammembers are their for eachother.

Comment

Seeing this thread and Astro's pics reminds me how much I enjoyed this episode and its sequel. I miss the richmess of the visual designs - the hellish moon, the costumes, Sokar's make-up. The story is involving and the acting is excellent.

I miss this kind of Stargate.
      Come on scarimor they still make episodes that are just as good as this one.

Have you seen babylon, or ex deus machina?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
        Come on scarimor they still make episodes that are just as good as this one.

Have you seen babylon, or ex deus machina?
        Yes. They don't hold a candle to it. The only season 9 ep which comes close to the story-telling quality, imo, is Ethon. Though they did a good job with Crusade too.

Most of season 9 just looks sterile compared to these episodes. And the only recent visual effect which has impressed me is the super-gate in Camelot.
        scarimor

Comment

Yes. They don't hold a candle to it. The only season 9 ep which comes close to the story-telling quality, imo, is Ethon. Though they did a good job with Crusade too.

Most of season 9 just looks sterile compared to these episodes. And the only recent visual effect which has impressed me is the super-gate in Camelot.
          Well thats your oppinion and I can respect it.

Ok back on topic.
          sigpic

Comment

i thought the planet natu i think its called i think that was a brilliant idea especially how close it is too Delmak sokars planet ah hang on i just remembered natu is the moon of delmak that is why its so close

Comment

A very powerful episode. Once again, AT was superb. There are just so many levels to this episode. The exploration of the relationships between the characters, especially concerning Jolinar, who could only be present 'in spirit' through Sam, was handled extremely well.
              sigpic
              Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

The only thing i did not like was how quickly the Tok'ra were to 'count SG1 out, with all we have done so far.

Comment

Yes they obviously have different principles to the Tau'ri. They don't put too much value on an individual if their sacrifice is for the good of the many.

Loved Netu (aka hell), and the demonesque Jaffa. Very cool location and effects.
                  Whatever happened to Jolinar's original host? (forgot her name) We assume she died, which is really sad. Especially for Martouf, who ends up in a very strange love triangle (quadrangle?) with Sam and her memories of Jolinar and the previous host.

Comment

Rosha's fate was never revealed. It's possible she left for another host because Rosha was dying, or possibly Rosha persuaded her to jump to another host to remain in hiding as it's the host who is the recogniseable half of the duo. We just don't know.

If Sam was aware of that memory, she either kept it to herself or revealed it to Martouf in private (i.e. off camera).

And yes, Ne'tu is indeed magnificently horrible!
                    sigpic

Comment

I guess Sam didn't recall the memory of Rosha's last moments. Would've been very painful with the memory recall device, whether it was death or just goodbye old friend.

It's a good double episode when the only thing I can complain about is that I want MORE!

Comment

Like I wrote about part 2, Sam isn't my favourite character, so this Sam-centric two-parter isn't one I get excited about. Even so, I think it was well executed and was happy that they did it because it furthered so many other stories that I really do enjoy. I'd give it a....hmmm...5/10?

Comment

^only a 5/10!!!*gasps*
                          i really liked this ep. i wish jolinar had tried 2 xplain more about herself; maybe they would have let her go. i suppose it's better the way it ended up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                            Like I wrote about part 2, Sam isn't my favourite character, so this Sam-centric two-parter isn't one I get excited about. Even so, I think it was well executed and was happy that they did it because it furthered so many other stories that I really do enjoy. I'd give it a....hmmm...5/10?
                            Sam isn't my favorite character either, but I really liked this two parter. I'm not a fan of the relationship between Martouf and Sam, but I can say that I really like Martouf by himself. It did further a lot of stories, just off hand they brought back Apophis and Selmak. Most importantly though it was one of the first episodes to get Goa'uld technology off the ground. After this we see Transportation rings, the Tel'tak, and death gliders on a regular bases.

Originally posted by chevron3
                            ^only a 5/10!!!*gasps*
                            i really liked this ep. i wish jolinar had tried 2 xplain more about herself; maybe they would have let her go. i suppose it's better the way it ended up though.
                            Yes I agree that this wasn't a 5 out of 10 episode more like a 7 out of 10. However, I don't think it would have mattered if Jolinar would have tried to explain herself in "In the Line of Duty". It wasn't until we get the character witness, Samantha Carter that we begin to understand the Tok'ra.
                            sigpic

Comment

AT's acting is quite good and i enjoyed seing the Tok'ra once again. Sokar was the first bad guy that really impressed me. Pure evil looking guy and the Jaffa costumes were let's say interesting. Was kind of expecting Na'onak to actually be Apophis. Still, he lost most of his charm, if he ever had any. Oh, and Sokar did a great job in transforming Netu.

Comment

Originally posted by me_urgo View Post
                                AT's acting is quite good and i enjoyed seing the Tok'ra once again. Sokar was the first bad guy that really impressed me. Pure evil looking guy and the Jaffa costumes were let's say interesting. Was kind of expecting Na'onak to actually be Apophis. Still, he lost most of his charm, if he ever had any. Oh, and Sokar did a great job in transforming Netu.
                                I don't know about Sokar, he definitely was scary, but he didn't have the presence of Apophis or Anubis. I found it extremely interesting to see that even without his army of Jaffa Apophis could still inspire the men around him to join his cause. Despite the fact that Apophis doesn't have the satanic vibe of Sokar he is a really bad guy who knows his business. Apophis will always be the original bad guy, it was his vain nature which made this episode so ironic and memorable.

Sokar is simply a side note.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X