This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    So, you yourself admit that SCOTUS can protect citizen rights.
    they could but that was before

The only problem with that is that the Democrats could not accept losing their favorite tool to advance their agenda. So, in the age of #MeToo, they found a few women to make false, unproven and unprovable accusations from 35 years ago in hopes that character assassination would do what they had no legal way to do, stop Kavanaugh's confirmation. That says nothing about the Republicans, but plenty about the Democrats, mainly that they act like spoiled children when they don't get their way.
    the Scotus has been mostly conservative since Bush jr (judge Anthony was still conservative on most issues) so dont know what you're talking about unless you're complaining that they weren't conservative all the time

dont wanna talk about the whole metoo **** but with regards to Ford specifically the neocons themselves admitted "something happened" 35y ago

the neocons also set the standards when they accused political opponents like Weinstein without proof so why not do same to Kavanaugh? (wait he's protected by Government & by Koch nvm)

Tell me something. In recent days, Justice Ginsburg has been in the news for failing health reasons. The Republicans still have the Senate, and Trump is still in the White House, with Pence waiting in case the House successfully impeaches Trump. It seems quite possible that Ginsburg will be forced to retire in the next two years.
    that's the result of the Dems stupidity in a way
    Clinton was a fool to nominate an old person & Ginsburg was a (selfish?) fool not to retire some years back when asked to by some of the Dems when they had Senate & could replace her (they'd wisened up at that point but it was too late)
    so they'll have brought this upon themselves

What do you think the Democrats are going to do when Trump (Or Pence) nominates another Conservative to replace her, bringing the the court to a 6-3 Conservative majority?

Hint: If they were stomping around like spoiled children after Kavanaugh, that ain't nothin' compared to what they're gonna do if that happens. I don't care who Trump nominates, you mark my words. The Democrats will go absolutely ballistic.
    especially since they lost more Senate seats they must suspect by now they've no chance of blocking another nomination

so I'd say they'll complain but not too much instead plan on how they can change the rules to limit the SDS' power if they regain the white house & senate, or increase its size etc. or like I said just plan to ignore its rulings (extreme measure I know) which is ok because they're certain to be unconstitutional

yo wake up man that was before:
    June 22, 2018
    now the SDS is full conservative

you can forget about such rulings (they can also rescind the previous ones)

Comment

So nobody cares about the journalist fake news journalist that was effectively silenced by Trump?
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Their are been literally hundreds of those
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          they could but that was before

the Scotus has been mostly conservative since Bush jr (judge Anthony was still conservative on most issues) so dont know what you're talking about unless you're complaining that they weren't conservative all the time

dont wanna talk about the whole metoo **** but with regards to Ford specifically the neocons themselves admitted "something happened" 35y ago

the neocons also set the standards when they accused political opponents like Weinstein without proof so why not do same to Kavanaugh? (wait he's protected by Government & by Koch nvm)

that's the result of the Dems stupidity in a way
          Clinton was a fool to nominate an old person & Ginsburg was a (selfish?) fool not to retire some years back when asked to by some of the Dems when they had Senate & could replace her (they'd wisened up at that point but it was too late)
          so they'll have brought this upon themselves

especially since they lost more Senate seats they must suspect by now they've no chance of blocking another nomination

so I'd say they'll complain but not too much instead plan on how they can change the rules to limit the SDS' power if they regain the white house & senate, or increase its size etc. or like I said just plan to ignore its rulings (extreme measure I know) which is ok because they're certain to be unconstitutional

yo wake up man that was before:
          now the SDS is full conservative

you can forget about such rulings (they can also rescind the previous ones)
          I think you misunderstand something about a Conservative court.

A Conservative court tries to adhere to the letter of the law or what's written into the Constitution, without pulling new "rights" out of where the sun don't shine for either the people or the government.

The idea is to stick to the letter of the law or Constitution. Often, this will benefit the people, as our founding fathers very carefully set up the Constitution to LIMIT the power of government as they were fearful of govt. power.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Their are been literally hundreds of those
            I guess they were ''rude'' as well.

Definition of rude: not licking Trump's butt and asking questions about the Russia investigation. Rude can also be defined as assaulting a WH employee by letting her touch your arm.

A Conservative court tries to adhere to the letter of the law or what's written into the Constitution, without pulling new "rights" out of where the sun don't shine for either the people or the government.
            You know, that discourse is strikingly similar to religious extremists that follows their holy book to the letter.

The idea is to stick to the letter of the law or Constitution. Often, this will benefit the people, as our founding fathers very carefully set up the Constitution to LIMIT the power of government as they were fearful of govt. power.
            Ironic. You talk about limiting power to the government when your administration is currently a 1 man show ran by Trumpatine. For an external spectator such as me, I have never seen a President rule in such a disrespectful cavalier way with complete disregard for democratic institutions and human rights.

Limit power to the govt... complete garbage.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

fixed

The idea is to stick to the letter of the law or Constitution it up the People.
              fixed² :|

a conservative court would've ruled that it's ok to kill someone who didn't kill (so much for your constitutional "punishment fitting the crime" rights)

Often, this will benefit the people
              lol

I suppose technically Charles KOCH is part of the people (btw he owns the SDS now since he's the one who picked Kavanaugh)

Comment

And yet again, another CNN journalist gets roasted by Dunk-a-Trump, and he has the audacity to ask for more respect to the WH?

Funny how neocons are surprisingly silent on the matter.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  And yet again, another CNN journalist gets roasted by Dunk-a-Trump, and he has the audacity to ask for more respect to the WH?

Funny how neocons are surprisingly silent on the matter.
                  I am by no means a neocon, but I can see their point. Who cares? CNN is extremely biased in favor of the left, and I don't care if one of their people is thrown under the bus.

It's not as if he was a legitimate journalist, after all. CNN wouldn't know a legitimate journalist if one bit them in the arse.

Comment

If Annoyed isnt a neocon then I dont have an unhealthy love with bacon
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I am by no means a neocon, but I can see their point.
                      Neoconservatism (commonly shortened to neocon when labelling its adherents) is a political movement born in the United States during the 1960s among liberal hawks who became disenchanted with the increasingly pacifist foreign policy of the Democratic Party, and the growing New Left and counterculture

Sorry but you fit the description perfectly mate.

Who cares? CNN is extremely biased in favor of the left, and I don't care if one of their people is thrown under the bus.
                      Then ban Fox News journalists too. You truly put your foot in your mouth on that one.

Remember your post about respecting other's opinions that are on either side of the fence? What happened to that?

It's not as if he was a legitimate journalist, after all. CNN wouldn't know a legitimate journalist if one bit them in the arse.
                      Lol sure that's why he was granted a WH hard pass. Just goes to show how Trump only keeps his lickspittles around and fire those that speak against him. If that's not authoritarian, tell me what this is.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Neoconservatism (commonly shortened to neocon when labelling its adherents) is a political movement born in the United States during the 1960s among liberal hawks who became disenchanted with the increasingly pacifist foreign policy of the Democratic Party, and the growing New Left and counterculture

Sorry but you fit the description perfectly mate.
                        I disagree, but there's room for argument on that one.

Then ban Fox News journalists too. You truly put your foot in your mouth on that one.

Remember your post about respecting other's opinions that are on either side of the fence? What happened to that?

Lol sure that's why he was granted a WH hard pass. Just goes to show how Trump only keeps his lickspittles around and fire those that speak against him. If that's not authoritarian, tell me what this is.
                        Ideally, all journalists should just report the 5 W's that are basic to journalism. Who, what, where, when and why. That's it. Keep your damned opinions to yourself, please.

Sadly, that's not the way it is. The vast majority of media is biased to the left. Fox is an exception. But CNN is so far in the tank for the left it needs an oxygen hose.

If they behaved neutrally, following the rules I described above, No I can't support Trump tossing them out.
                        But CNN doesn't behave like that. They behave like little taco bell dogs, trying to be attack dogs, yipping and yapping to no end.

If anything, it's stupidity on CNN's part. After all, they're the Chihuahua nipping at the heels of the Doberman Pincer. The Doberman has the right to defend itself. Maybe they ought to be smarter about that.

Comment

CNN wouldn't know a legitimate journalist if one bit them in the arse.
                          unlike Fox who know a legitimate journalist: it's one who kisses Trump's arse

Neoconservatism (commonly shortened to neocon when labelling its adherents) is a political movement born in the United States during the 1960s among liberal hawks
                          there's nothing liberal about them ('liberal' in the american sense I mean)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            unlike Fox who know a legitimate journalist: it's one who kisses Trump's arse
                            Like ones who stand at campaign rallies and call the news fake?
                            there's nothing liberal about them ('liberal' in the american sense I mean)
                            I think he means dixiecrats rather than liberal given the timeframe.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You mean they ruled against a policy that trumps boy wanted to enact, that would not have been an issue if a competent person was installed in the position?
                              sigpic

Comment

He certainly wasted no time.
                                Speaking of, trump violated the constitution by bypassing the senate to appoint him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X