Doomsday (822)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
    while i was disapointed we do get one great thing to think about......ZODS BACK BABY HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! i wonder who will play him...please be james marsters that would be awesome!!
    They might also try to get Samuel Witwer back to play Zod too, since Doomsday was supposed to be his son in Smallville's universe. Not that I wouldn't love to have James Marsters back; his Brainiac is still my favorite Smallville villain.

As finales go, this one was all right, but nothing special save for the death of two characters. The "fight" with Doomsday was, well, it wasn't actually a fight was it? Clark got thrown through a wall, punched a few times, then he did his hail mary pass to beat Doomsday. And Clark at the end, while annoying, was essentially in character. He claims that human emotions are the reason for his problems, thinking that a Kyrptonian attitude will be better, while all the while clearly being influenced by guilt lol. The problem is that Clark's not always the most aware of characters, what with his being completely oblivious to Chloe's problems throughout the season, not to mention his ignorance of his own motivations at times. Clark's actually my second favorite character, but he's definitely got some pretty consistent character flaws.

And again, why did he feel so guilty in the first place? Chloe was the one who split Davis, so why would Clark be responsible other than coming up with the plan in the first place? And come on, the only one responsible for Davis's psychotic episode...was Davis, not Clark or Chloe. In fact, Clark and Chole gave him a chance to be something more than a monster, a chance he wasted. And I have to say I was a bit disappointed in Clark for the funeral and the later conversion: Chole's done more to help him than anyone, not to mention protected his secret more than anyone, and he leaves her hanging? Heck, the only reason she went with Davis was to protect Clark. So this was definitely not a good Clark episode, but overall, it was pretty good.

Comment

The finale was too disjointed. It seemed to be that they really needed 2 hours or 2 episodes to flesh it out properly. And secondly it seemed they didn't have much in the budget for big fights, special effects. The Lois episode where she dresses as a super hero should've been dropped for the a second hour for the finale.

What I read on Kryptonsite is that this Jimmy is not THE Jimmy. As other fans caught at the grave the priest said his name as Henry JAMES Olsen. Then Chloe meets the little brother for the first time (which is weird why he would not have been at the wedding or that she never met him). This kid would be the real Jimmy who's first name would be James. Also he's much younger than Clark Kent which is a better age for Jimmy. Though this superman universe hasn't cared much for some character's ages. Anyway it would explain the scene where Chloe puts the camera around the brother's neck and why they killed off "Jimmy". Though why Henry would go by Jimmy is anyone's guess! My older sister had 2 middle names. One is Angela. I am the second child. My mom decided to give me the first name Angela. We of course both go by our first names. So it just seems the writers may have had too much to drink when they wrote that scene with the little brother and the Henry James thing.
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by JadeStarkiller View Post
        What did everyone think of the DoomsDay Season Finally Episode?

I thought it was great! Can't wait for season 9!

I'm very curious about Jimmy Olsen. Did not expect him to die!?!
        I honestly felt that the episode was lacking. All in all season 8 was awesome, but the huge finale we were promised didn't deliver.

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
        I'm disappointed. We were promised an epic battle with Doomsday and instead got something under two minutes, which I had already seen in that preview thing last week. Jimmy dying was a surprise... and was Chloe clutching her stomach cos she was pregnant at the end???!!! Tess didn't die though, but it turns out she wants an alien apocalypse instead- again, disappointing because it's a complete turnaround of her character from a couple of episodes ago. Actually wouldn't have minded if she died. Lois had a pathetically small role followed by a disappearance thanks to a ring Clark got but didn't even need or want.

Bad bad bad bad bad.
        Amen! I agree with you. I think both Supernatural and Smallville season finales were epic failures instead of the epic battles that were promised.

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
        The finale was too disjointed. It seemed to be that they really needed 2 hours or 2 episodes to flesh it out properly. And secondly it seemed they didn't have much in the budget for big fights, special effects. The Lois episode where she dresses as a super hero should've been dropped for the a second hour for the finale.
        I agree that the Lois episode should've been dropped. But IDK if having a second hour to the finale would've made it better.

What I read on Kryptonsite is that this Jimmy is not THE Jimmy. As other fans caught at the grave the priest said his name as Henry JAMES Olsen. Then Chloe meets the little brother for the first time (which is weird why he would not have been at the wedding or that she never met him). This kid would be the real Jimmy who's first name would be James. Also he's much younger than Clark Kent which is a better age for Jimmy. Though this superman universe hasn't cared much for some character's ages.
        Yeah...what was up with Chloe just meeting Jimmy's little brother at the funeral? That just didn't seem right.

Anyway it would explain the scene where Chloe puts the camera around the brother's neck and why they killed off "Jimmy". Though why Henry would go by Jimmy is anyone's guess! My older sister had 2 middle names. One is Angela. I am the second child. My mom decided to give me the first name Angela. We of course both go by our first names. So it just seems the writers may have had too much to drink when they wrote that scene with the little brother and the Henry James thing.
        Well, this is television...that explains loads!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Amen! I agree with you. I think both Supernatural and Smallville season finales were epic failures instead of the epic battles that were promised.
          I pretty much agree with that statement. I saw 5 finales of the shows i watch (Lost, Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural and Smallville) in 2 days this and while i wouldn't go as far as saying they were epic failures, they were both the most disappointing finales i saw.

I agree with what many have said that the fight should have been long and that the episode itself may have worked better as a two parter.

I never expected Jimmy to die, i think mainly because when they said it would be a smallville vet, IMO Jimmy really didn't fit the description as a vet with only 1 season as a reoccurring and 2 as a regular.

As for Zod = Sam Winter. its been rumored that this is the case. it was even set up back in "Bloodline" when Faora, the wife of General Zod said he looked like his father.

Comment

I kinda hope it's not SW. I like SW and think he's a great actor, but it would be a little difficult for me to separate the characters when they're played by the same guy.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
              ... and was Chloe clutching her stomach cos she was pregnant at the end???!!!
              You know, I thought the same thing. She was clutching her stomach in a strange way.

I wonder if they'll do some DoomsDay Jr. Swist or something, lol. That'd probably be too weird. Or maybe Jimmy Olsen Jr.?????

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that!
              ...Destroyer of all...

Comment

Originally posted by JadeStarkiller View Post
                You know, I thought the same thing. She was clutching her stomach in a strange way.

I wonder if they'll do some DoomsDay Jr. Swist or something, lol. That'd probably be too weird. Or maybe Jimmy Olsen Jr.?????

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that!
                Or there's the possibility we're just reading too much into Chloe's actions.
                sigpic

Comment

quite weak this episode

fight scene was way to short a punch and flyaway

lois probaly finds out about clark and maybe stops davis from killing jimmy

how zod came through earth from the orb baffles me wasnt he in the phantom zone???
                  sigpic

Comment

So, I was on the Smallville wiki, and saw a theory that the Jimmy from the comics is actually Smallville's Jimmy's little broter. First off, in the comics Jimmys name is James Bartholomew Olsen, and he's 10 years younger than lois and Clark. Secondly Smallville's Jimmy is named Henry James Olsen. And of course when Chloe give Jimmy's brother the camera, it seems signifcant, like passin the torch to the "real" Jimmy or something.
                    For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

I could of swarn that clark flew doomsday into that deep cave/whole in the earth, (whatever the correct term is called)

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                        I could of swarn that clark flew doomsday into that deep cave/whole in the earth, (whatever the correct term is called)
                        I think it was just a big jump.
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                          I think it was just a big jump.
                          That's all it was.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                            quite weak this episode

fight scene was way to short a punch and flyaway

lois probaly finds out about clark and maybe stops davis from killing jimmy

how zod came through earth from the orb baffles me wasnt he in the phantom zone???
                            I agree...it was an extremely week episode. I was expecting much more from it after the build up that it was given.

Originally posted by Capricorn_One View Post
                            Sorry...it was just a big jump!
                            sigpic

Comment

So I was re watching season 1 of Battlestar Galactica and realised
                              human looking Doomsday is a pilot! Noticed his name in the credits and found him. Now I can't remember if his character just disappeared or got killed off. I'm re watching BSG up to 4.0 that I have on DVD so I guess I'll figure it out eventually.
                              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

So I was re watching season 1 of Battlestar Galactica and realised
                                human looking Doomsday is a pilot! Noticed his name in the credits and found him. Now I can't remember if his character just disappeared or got killed off. I'm re watching BSG up to 4.0 that I have on DVD so I guess I'll figure it out eventually.
                                I don't see the relation between a BSG (aka As The Spaceship Turns) episode and a Smallville episode. Oh well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X