Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Four OPEN discussion thread : Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

This thread is for people to discuss any and all aspects of season four.

It welcomes ALL points of view, thus respect and tolerance is a must.

Hate what's happened, fine. Feel free to express it - within the rules of course. However, those that may not agree with you are free to say as much.

Love what's happened, fine. Feel free to express it - within the rules of course. However, those that may not agree with you are free to say as much.

In this thread, NO ONE is allowed to tell others to 'shut up and go away'. Personal issues are not welcome and I don't want issues with other threads to be brought here.

The topic is SEASON FOUR. Keep it on topic.

Discuss what has happened, what you think might happen, just don't discuss each other or other fans.

Spoiler tags are necessary when discussing plot points so please respect those that haven't seen the episodes yet.

Now to start it out....what has been your favorite part of the season thus far?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Hmm where do I start so much to discuss with this season. I guess I'm just happy that this season is proving to be a great season for myself. I think they took the characters and really developed them this season.

Spoiler:
    I think "BAMSR" was amazing. Plus, the plot twist at the end with Weir.

I am looking forward to "The Kindred" along with the other last 3 eps. I think the end of this season is going to have us talking about S5 and whats to come for months. What do you think?
    sigpic

Comment

I agree with Brian!

.. about BAMSR. One of three episodes I enjoyed this year.

Spoiler:
      I want Todd as a regular character! Or at least recuring like zelenka. He might make SGA actually enjoyable again! *is in love*
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
        todd could become the teal'c of SGA and turn against his own kind
        Teal'c didn't turn against his own kind! He was not a Goaul'd...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
          todd could become the teal'c of SGA and turn against his own kind
          Mmm... why though? i'd like it much better if he keeps his own arrogance and dislike of humans and always trying to manipulate thnigs to work his way. Not betray them tot he Wraith, no, btu maybe jsut cos he's an outcast or some such? I dunno.

Todd rules.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Now to start it out....what has been your favorite part of the season thus far?
            The parts with Weir. Except for TMC. I did really like Lifeline and
            Spoiler:
            her dramatic reveal at the end of BAMSR. I thought that was great, a real surprise, and hopefully a good set-up for her return.

I also like seeing Zelenka so often and Lorne's had some good scenes too. I wish those two had an ep saving Atlantis together; it'd be much fun.
            Last edited by marielabbott; 13 January 2008, 12:22 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Comment

i really liked ronon and teyla in bamsr

Spoiler:
              how he acted/reacted when she told shep she was preggers

he was so nice and supportive.

and the same in spoils

Spoiler:
              the lorne/teyla scene. so wonderful and so nice and warm, without being OTT ooshy gooshy

This new burst of emotion is so nice to see. people that really give a damn about each other

sigpic

Comment

This has been a mixed season for me mainly because of cast changes. I liked Adrift and Lifeline. Did not care for Missing or Miller's Crossing. DG was kinda just there for me didn't love it but didn't hate it. I loved Tabula Rasa, BAMS'R. The Seer was good but it was very apparent to me that Sam was being written the same as Weir and that bothered me because Sam and Weir are 2 different characters. SoW was ok the only thing that irritated me was how Shep was with Teyla I think he acted like a jerk in BAMS'R and he was still very condescending in SoW. I really liked TMC too.
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  This has been a mixed season for me mainly because of cast changes.?* I liked Adrift and Lifeline.?* Did not care for Missing or Miller's Crossing.?* DG was kinda just there for me didn't love it but didn't hate it.?* I loved Tabula Rasa, BAMS'R.?* The Seer was good but it was very apparent to me that Sam was being written the same as Weir and that bothered me because Sam and Weir are 2 different characters.?* SoW was ok the only thing that irritated me was how Shep was with Teyla I think he acted like a jerk in BAMS'R and he was still very condescending in SoW.
                  He kind of felt betrayed and responsible for Teyla. For two months, Teyla had been risking the life of her unborn son without telling him. There is also the fact that he is Teyla's CO and to follow military rules. Even though she is not military, she has to follow them because Teyla is on a military team.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

i attributed shep's behavior on bamsr'd to 'shocked male syndrome'
                    Spoiler:

ask any parent how they react when their kid runs into the middle of a busy street chasing a ball. they most likely, yell and scream and shake the child...and they dont' do it to be cruel, they do it cause they're scared.

with her pregnancy being early, theoretically if teyla miscarried it wouldn't be all that dangerous. but, worst case scenario, if she miscarried, she could die. and i think that's what was running through his head. that his friend could have died

he was shocked and scared and overreacted.

sigpic

Comment

Ok I'm going to throw a spanner in the works now and say this series has been a big disapointment to me, the poor writing especially, the lack of character development and plot and the careless regard for the fans is a shame. Once upon a time this was a good series but now, I'm afraid I've got better things to do with my time

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        ...she has to follow them because Teyla is on a military team.
                        It's not a military team. It's an exploration team. Their mission is to explore and find a zpm, allies against the Wrait and trading partners. (I think)

Season 4 so far has been disappointing... I'm still watching, till the end most likely, but I find myself enjoying it less and less, even to a point where I don't much care anymore. There have even been episodes where I thought ... "To hell with this junk, I'm turning it off." -> Never before has that happened to me, not even with the Irr's in season 3.

I loved Missing. Don't much care or have problems with Keller being in Atlantis, so I didn't mind her paired off with Teyla. As long as there's Teyla I'll be watching.

Have a hate/like relationship with DG ... The reason is obvious, I think.

Loved Lifeline - Torri just played everyone else off the screen.
                        Semi-liked Reunion, but only Ronon's part of the episode. In that one it was Jason who acted everyone else into submission.

Can't even remember the episodes of the first half, and that's also an indication I don't care about it anymore, cause I only have to see something once to be able to remember entire dialogue from it.

The last minute of BAMSR comes to mind... mediocre episode, great ending.
                        Spoils of War - Rachel made Teyla shine like the brightest star in the universe. All the others were just bland, pale in comparison.

And what is yet to come, I don't care... no hopes, means no disappointments - I like it that way.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Now I loved this season so far. I felt in the beginning why do this do Weir and have someone come in, acting her position to a tee. Now I see they have a grand story arc for Weir. I admit, as much as I loved the character moments in "TMC" and the episode overall, It felt empty at the end. Was Weir alive or dead? After "BAMSR" I felt the writers took a character in a different direction. I just hope this story arc is revisited with Weir/Torri and for many eps. She truly added a lot this season for only being in 4 episodes. Carter to me really only had two good eps, but I am still giving her a chance. Right now she is just a fill in and a supportive role. Carter reminds me of Weir in Season 1 and 2. Still I have hope for the rest of this season to be dynamite. The first two eps have been great so far.
                          sigpic

Comment

Adrift - thought it was ok. nothing stellar, but ok
                            Lifeline - same with this one.
                            Reunion - you know, why, oh WHY did we have to have the cliched ending?

Spoiler:
                            why did his people HAVE to be bad?

Doppelganger - pretty good and enjoyable
                            Travelers - ugg

Spoiler:
                            shep the manwhore. can someone else please have the hot alien chick fall all over them, just for a change?

Tabula Rasa - pretty good
                            Missing - ok in one way, but keller was wussy a bit too long for my tastes. I wanted to slap her

The Seer - again, pretty good. nice twist with the foreshadowing, but i have to crow about the fact that i was 'right' in what the visions showed

Miller's Crossing - ugg, waste o time.

This Mortal Coil - not bad. and enjoyable
                            Be All my Sins Remember'd - another good one
                            Spoils of War - and i enjoyed this one

Quarantine
                            Harmony
                            Outcast
                            Midway
                            Trio
                            The Kindred pt 1
                            The Kindred pt 2
                            The Last Man

I'm not up on spoilers for hte rest, but i think harmony and outcast kinda have me dubious while i think the others might be okay

I find hte show more enjoyable when i don't know too much about what's coming. Just take it as it happens.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              It's not a military team. It's an exploration team. Their mission is to explore and find a zpm, allies against the Wrait and trading partners. (I think)
                              true however the team leader is a member of the USAF. if Teyla wants to be a part of Shep's team she has to do what he tells her (as was confirmed in SoW)

as for s4 I think it's been awesome so far. yes there've been some changes but those were necessary imo and only helped the show in the long run. Keller's a nice character but I'd still like to have Carson back, hopefully we can have both. Carter's been doing a good job so far though I'd have liked to see more of her in certain eps because sometimes it seems as if TBTB are forgetting the new base commander. my favorite eps so far are DG, The Seer and BAMSR. the only ep I had some problems with was Travelers
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X