This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No there is not.

We are very happy with the thread closed and have no desire to return to those contentious days of the past. While there may be validity in saying that most participants followed the rules, it is equally valid that those few that did not, unapologetically did not and will continue that behavior into the future. To reopen that thread would destroy any progress we have made in improving the general atmosphere of this forum.

There are countless forums and Facebook or other groups for those that desire to indulge themselves in circular arguments and passionate expositions. People are welcome to go and find them.

We are perfectly happy with the relative peace and quiet of a politics free forum.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      We are perfectly happy with the relative peace and quiet of a politics free forum.
      Not going to argue your point. You are in charge and it has been established that these particular threads are no longer welcome in the OFF-section or anywhere else, unless it's politics within the Stargate setting (I mean, we all know Kinsey's an idiot -- no way around that -- a carreer politician).

However, it should also be noted that "peace and quiet" is not exactly what you want this place to be, and unfortunately the newbies are scarce. True, with nothing new to discuss as far as Stargate goes, the place will continue to decline and probably whither away like all the other forums/discussion platforms which is a darn shame cause I really like this place.

It feels ... empty... and I'm sure that's not for lack of trying to bring some life into it again.

Mind you, I'll probably be the one to turn off the lights.

For the record... Facebook is a cesspool, by the way, and the mere suggestion of discussing politics there is... well, an insult.

I even dare to say that all of us politics-debaters agree on that.
      The one thing we agree on probably.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        unless it's politics within the Stargate setting (I mean, we all know Kinsey's an idiot -- no way around that -- a carreer politician).
        Finally we agree on something {other then BASE jumping out of the Daedalus}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

For the record... Facebook is a cesspool, by the way, and the mere suggestion of discussing politics there is... well, an insult.

I even dare to say that all of us politics-debaters agree on that.
          The one thing we agree on probably.
          HEY! I take exception to that! My FB group is running nice and smooth, thank you very much. A welcomed haven from the cancel culture, blocking, insults and shout down,shut downs in the "wilds" of facebook

but to the mod's-- and yeah,yeah yeah,, i got it so not trying to change any minds. but when i see you all type things like "peace and quiet" what do you mean? I don't recall ever seeing any of you in those threads.. so...

Comment

mods et al / whoever/ all ,etc

Just went to post on The Expanse. search for it in the tool and guess what? NO RESULTS!! But if i pick,pikc, pick through the topic list of the Commissary i find it in a backwards way through just happening to recognize a episode name

Why do you all make a separate thread for each episode? why not just have a running thread for each season.. much easier to follow dialogue and the thoughts of other members when you dont have to jump from thread to thread

but hey,, its your bake sale and i dont want to smash any pies

Comment

Wishing all the
              Gateworld mods
              and all of my
              fellow forum members
              a very Merry Christmas!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
                HEY! I take exception to that! My FB group is running nice and smooth, thank you very much. A welcomed haven from the cancel culture, blocking, insults and shout down,shut downs in the "wilds" of facebook
                Well, happy to hear that.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Merry Christmas! 🎄

When I wanted to send you a news I have seen a cathegory "my stargate story pitch". Are you expecting novel ideas? Because if you can't forward it to any producers or any other decision makers then what is all about?
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

but to the mod's-- and yeah,yeah yeah,, i got it so not trying to change any minds. but when i see you all type things like "peace and quiet" what do you mean? I don't recall ever seeing any of you in those threads.. so...
                    I'm not Skydiver,obviously,but I think she was trying to keep it light hearted.

Mods have posted in the past to current affairs ,political - toned topics etc too,in their own "voice" ,rather than officially as a voice of Gateworld.

mods et al / whoever/ all ,etc

Just went to post on The Expanse. search for it in the tool and guess what? NO RESULTS!! But if i pick,pikc, pick through the topic list of the Commissary i find it in a backwards way through just happening to recognize a episode name

Why do you all make a separate thread for each episode? why not just have a running thread for each season.. much easier to follow dialogue and the thoughts of other members when you dont have to jump from thread to thread

but hey,, its your bake sale and i dont want to smash any pies
                    Weird thing,the forum search engine.I put in "The Expanse" and the second result shown was the folder,but the ep threads were in the wrong order!

Quite a few shows/movies have just one or more threads,and others get a subfolder.Darren is the one who chooses and creates the folders.

In the past he's sometimes run feedback threads asking for Members' votes on which new shows would get the biggest interest.
                    Basically,he tends to choose shows he watches and therefore can keep track of,Shows and franchises he thinks will survive beyond a single season,and will be of interest here in the threads.
                    (Sole exception "Supernatural",because he never got into the show,but madwelshboy and I took over creating those threads because we enjoyed the show.)

Hope that was a clear answer!
                    *sends cakes*
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Merry Christmas! 🎄

When I wanted to send you a news I have seen a cathegory "my stargate story pitch". Are you expecting novel ideas? Because if you can't forward it to any producers or any other decision makers then what is all about?
                      There was a GateWorld feature called My Stargate Story,LINK and that seems likeliest for that option because I don't think GW/Darren are trying to get fans to send in their novels and plots!

You really need a Darren answer on that question though,because the forum mods don't have anything to do with the main site or SciFiStream articles and off-forum stuff.

Contact him at the webmaster address for clarification.
                      I'll do the same,and we'll see what he says.

Update: I've e-mailed Darren.Owing to the Holidays,it might be a while before I get an answer.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 December 2020, 03:41 PM. Reason: Updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Wishing all the
                        Gateworld mods
                        and all of my
                        fellow forum members
                        a very Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks,Alan!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone from me too!

Comment

In the spirit of the Holiday Season,I've relaunched the "Season's Greenings" thread in OT Chatter: (LINK) so pm me or post to that thread if you want to participate,but remember there's no obligation at all to green the mods or anyone at all if you don't want to!

Comment

Silly me, I could have found out what it was meant for. Thank you.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Well, happy to hear that.
                              i use the Iron Admin fist of doom

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                I'm not Skydiver,obviously,but I think she was trying to keep it light hearted.

Mods have posted in the past to current affairs ,political - toned topics etc too,in their own "voice" ,rather than officially as a voice of Gateworld.

Weird thing,the forum search engine.I put in "The Expanse" and the second result shown was the folder,but the ep threads were in the wrong order!

Quite a few shows/movies have just one or more threads,and others get a subfolder.Darren is the one who chooses and creates the folders.

In the past he's sometimes run feedback threads asking for Members' votes on which new shows would get the biggest interest.
                                Basically,he tends to choose shows he watches and therefore can keep track of,Shows and franchises he thinks will survive beyond a single season,and will be of interest here in the threads.
                                (Sole exception "Supernatural",because he never got into the show,but madwelshboy and I took over creating those threads because we enjoyed the show.)

Hope that was a clear answer!
                                *sends cakes*
                                thanks.. i just did the search again The Expanse and this is what i got

https://forum.gateworld.net/search.php?searchid=3192791

Comment

Working...
                                X