No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pilot was okay - I didn't love it, nor did I hate it. It did its job in that I saw enough to want to tune in for the next episode.

At first, I was surprised that it got such high numbers, however, because it has a Eureka feel, I suppose I should have expected relatively high numbers.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Well considering I didn't go into this with high expectations, with it being a show on Skiffy, I didn't come away disappointed. I liked it well enough for what it was and think it has potential as something to watch during the barren summer months.

The sub plot was so-so and the ending cheesy, but I like the characters well enough. I'll tune in again.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
        The pilot was okay - I didn't love it, nor did I hate it. It did its job in that I saw enough to want to tune in for the next episode.

At first, I was surprised that it got such high numbers, however, because it has a Eureka feel, I suppose I should have expected relatively high numbers.
        I'm on the fence still...but more on the hating it side of the fence unless the next few episodes brings the show up and over to the loving it side of the fence.
        sigpic

Comment

the show looks pretty good , but i don't think it will last
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
            the show looks pretty good , but i don't think it will last
            With a 2.5 HH rating for the premiere with 3.5 Million viewers, I highly doubt it will be going anywhere soon. It beat out Sanctuary's premiere by more than half a million viewers. It was the 3rd highest premiere for the network, for a drama series. Atlantis was # 1, followed by Eureka. A show like this likely has a low production budget, so it is just extra gravy to the network.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              With a 2.5 HH rating for the premiere with 3.5 Million viewers, I highly doubt it will be going anywhere soon. It beat out Sanctuary's premiere by more than half a million viewers. It was the 3rd highest premiere for the network, for a drama series. Atlantis was # 1, followed by Eureka. A show like this likely has a low production budget, so it is just extra gravy to the network.
              This is true...mainly because there was nothing else better on TV. Also, if the show doesn't get ride of its blah, blandness...it won't last.
              sigpic

Comment

If there weren't freaking nothing else in the entire world on, I don't know that I would have watched it.

Am I that desperate for scifi that I'd settle for lousy scifi? *shudders*
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I thought the first episode was alright, I do agree that it is a little bland but I found some humorous moments in the episode, especially the bantor between the leading characters. I am willing to give the show a shot.
                  "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

I enjoyed the pilot. I really thought it worked, and I look forward to seeing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      If there weren't freaking nothing else in the entire world on, I don't know that I would have watched it.

Am I that desperate for scifi that I'd settle for lousy scifi? *shudders*
                      I don't think you are alone in settling for lousy Scifi rather than no Scifi. I myself had no interest in this show, nor did I believe for a second it would be of either interest or quality.....yet I did watch it. The why of course is what else is on? Not to name any other shows specifically, but I have seen over the years a general acceptance of a lot of show that were mediocre at best. With reality TV continuing to grow the choice of scripted TV shrinks, to which the size of genre and Scifi is getting close to non-existant. So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                        I don't think you are alone in settling for lousy Scifi rather than no Scifi. I myself had no interest in this show, nor did I believe for a second it would be of either interest or quality.....yet I did watch it. The why of course is what else is on? Not to name any other shows specifically, but I have seen over the years a general acceptance of a lot of show that were mediocre at best. With reality TV continuing to grow the choice of scripted TV shrinks, to which the size of genre and Scifi is getting close to non-existant. So sad.
                        True...and was it just me or did the quality seem like it was filmed with a hand-held camera from best buy or something.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know what was worse, the acting or the overly collagen injected lips that female detective sports. This reminds me of Eureka of but worse, which is pretty bad.

It's only one episode, so I won't dismiss it just yet.

Comment

Agree with all said here. Very bland pilot... could be intriguing premise, but nothing to show me yet. Characters fairly uninteresting, with Saul Rubinek (sorry if I didn't get the last name correctly) a bit of a stereotype of eccentricity. Liked Bob Newhart in The Librarian much better.

However, also like everyone else, I'm willing to give this a couple more episodes, but, damn, make those lead characters more interesting. I'm getting so sick of cliches... it's like there is no originality left in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                              It's only one episode, so I won't dismiss it just yet.
                              Yeah...same here.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sci Fi UK acquires 'Warehouse 13'

Sci Fi UK has secured the first-run pay-TV rights to Warehouse 13 from NBC Universal International Television Distribution, it has been announced.

The series, starring Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly, centres around two Secret Service agents who find themselves abruptly transferred to a top-secret storage facility.

"We’ve had a fantastic run of highly anticipated, much talked about premiere series on the channel this year - and Warehouse 13 is no exception," said NBCU Global Network’s head of channels James Newton.

"There was a tremendous buzz ahead of its launch in the US and the first night ratings are testament to what a fantastic show it is. The special effects and exciting plot twists make it a real gem for our autumn schedule."

The sci-fi series joins Knight Rider, Dollhouse and Legend Of The Seeker in landing a UK premiere on the channel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...ehouse-13.html

Comment

Working...
                                X