Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    FedCon in Germany (Bonn) has announced Joe Flanigan, Paul McGillion, David Hewlett, David Nykl and Rachel Luttrell for their convention.

It's starting to look like the place I want to be on the 29th to 31st of May, 2020.
    Sweet!! Sounds like a good time. You should go.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      It's relatively speaking not too far, and could be reached by car... I think... *goes to check* ... oh, only a 2,5 hours drive (at which point I'll have crossed borders with 2 countries -- first The Netherlands and then Germany).

That's closer than I thought.
      Much closer.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

HOLY FREAKIN' HELL!! Who in their right mind pays 1599 euro for a ticket?!?

That'll get you VIP access everywhere though, but still... a bit much.

Full weekend ticket goes for 135 euros. Photoshoot/Autograph tickets are doable, between 30 and 45 euros (and already have most of their autographs anyway so that would only leave the two Davids and Rachel).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Another early morning for a raiding party in America for me!

FedCon in Germany (Bonn) has announced Joe Flanigan, Paul McGillion, David Hewlett, David Nykl and Rachel Luttrell for their convention.

It's starting to look like the place I want to be on the 29th to 31st of May, 2020.
          Oooh, that's a good panel of guests! Sounds like a winner!

This!

It's relatively speaking not too far, and could be reached by car... I think... *goes to check* ... oh, only a 2,5 hours drive (at which point I'll have crossed borders with 2 countries -- first The Netherlands and then Germany).

That's closer than I thought.
          Much closer.
          Dooooo iiiiiittttttt!!!!!!!

HOLY FREAKIN' HELL!! Who in their right mind pays 1599 euro for a ticket?!?

That'll get you VIP access everywhere though, but still... a bit much.
          The same people who'd pay $2000 for a Sorcerer's package at the D23 Expo.

Full weekend ticket goes for 135 euros. Photoshoot/Autograph tickets are doable, between 30 and 45 euros (and already have most of their autographs anyway so that would only leave the two Davids and Rachel).
          Yeah, that's a better price range.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            The same people who'd pay $2000 for a Sorcerer's package at the D23 Expo.
            That's insane.

Just saying.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

That's insane.

Just saying.
              Totally insane. That said, if I had the spare cash lying around and I'd had the time to go, I absolutely would've done it.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Totally insane. That said, if I had the spare cash lying around and I'd had the time to go, I absolutely would've done it.
                After that lottery win and after buying a house first, and a new car... and book a holiday to Canada... and after that sure... why not.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

After that lottery win and after buying a house first, and a new car... and book a holiday to Canada... and after that sure... why not.
                  LOL yep!

Comment

$700 for new brakes on my 11 year old car. *sigh*

Comment

Fun- do it!!!! I want to go to one of the international ones at some point. I'm pretty sure I'm going back to Chicago though for the Creation Stargate Convention in May 2020. I'd love to catch one with both the David's.

Ugh. I know it's part of it, but it always sucks.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Ouch! Yeah, the big items are always nasty. It cost a little over $900 to get my odometer fixed last month. Stuff like that has to be done, though. *hugs*

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                        Fun- do it!!!! I want to go to one of the international ones at some point. I'm pretty sure I'm going back to Chicago though for the Creation Stargate Convention in May 2020. I'd love to catch one with both the David's.
                        Oooh, hope you get to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                          The Chicago con is fun, and it's small so it didn't set off my anxiety too much. And seeing Joe in person.... *drools*.

Ugh. I know it's part of it, but it always sucks.
                          Yes it does!

Ouch! Yeah, the big items are always nasty. It cost a little over $900 to get my odometer fixed last month. Stuff like that has to be done, though. *hugs*
                          *hugs back* $900 to get the odometer fixed? Yikes!!! Now that's a big bill.

The car really hasn't given me too much trouble overall so I shouldn't complain. It just sucks to see a large wad of cash go away like that.

Comment

We're leaving tomorrow for our Rhine cruise so don't do anything drastic while I'm gone.

FH, you mentioned hopes that we might connect during the trip but it looks like our schedule in Belgium will be very structured. We don't have any free time for the entire day we are in Belgium with tours of both Brussels and Bruges. Sorry to miss you but this way you can imagine me as young and energetic rather than the reality.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              We're leaving tomorrow for our Rhine cruise so don't do anything drastic while I'm gone.
                              *burns down the internet* *evil smile*

FH, you mentioned hopes that we might connect during the trip but it looks like our schedule in Belgium will be very structured. We don't have any free time for the entire day we are in Belgium with tours of both Brussels and Bruges. Sorry to miss you but this way you can imagine me as young and energetic rather than the reality.
                              Have fun!!! Take lots of pictures!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                I figured it would be structured to a T. I mean, Brussels is in the center of the country and Bruges is nearer to the seaside. They're approximately a 100 km apart which I know is peanuts for any American considering how big your country is. Ours is tiny so distance is relative to that idea.

The most important thing is that you enjoy the cities and try to enjoy the Belgians that come with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X