The Runaway Bride (2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hydr0san View Post
    torchwood bugs all of us...seriously how can you claim its super secret and beyond the government, when everyone seems to know of them....annoying...but still a fun show to watch
    Well, I've never claimed that it's super secret and beyond the government. They have, at the beginning of every bleeding episode! Yes, that's one thing that's irked me about Torchwood. I don't detest the show. Yet. I just wish...

Originally posted by BC - 303 View Post
    he does that from time to time, he did this in the old series for no reason.
    Thanks! Which incarnation(s) of the Doctor did this? I only have vague memories of Dr Who up until Peter Davison.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

At the end of this episode, the TARDIS takes off vertically like a rocket. The first time this was seen was in the Second Doctor serial Fury from the Deep (1968).
      Well wikipedia said it, but i am well aware that wikipedia can lie.

Dont think there super secret, but think they arn't going to take orders from anyone.
      Hola

Hello

Comment

Quick note regarding torchwood, I believe that everyone can know about them, but they don't answer to any government or group. Theres a difference between being known about, and having to report to someone else.

Comment

I'd imagine after "The Christmas Invasion" most (sober) people would know about Torchwood. Either that or they know of them, but not specifically what they do.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
            I'd imagine after "The Christmas Invasion" most (sober) people would know about Torchwood. Either that or they know of them, but not specifically what they do.
            I loved the way they explained how Donna *didn't* know. Hungover, then scuba-diving in Spain. Priceless .

Madeleine

Comment

Didn't take long for the Empress of Racnoss to be announced as an action figure. Coming in March 2007.

The 12-inch model has over 24 points of articulation. The photo below is of a prototype that's said to be more yellow than the final production item.

Click HERE for further details and larger pictures.

Comment

I didn't do very well in science subjects at school, so bear with me if I am incorrect (and I am sure there will be someone who jumps in to correct me if i am wrong) but surely the effect of cold water hitting super hot material like magma (as in the stuff under the earth's crust) would be a collossal explosion?
                And was it phsyically possible to drain the thames like that, especially considering how deep the centre of the earth is from the crust and the amount of water needed to fill the hole etc - and wouldn't that affect the level of the water around the world even a litle bit?

Sorry if I'm being too pedantic, but I'd like a degree of realism in the stuff I watch and dont like to be treated like a complete imbecile by the writers

Overall I didn't mind it but I'm sick of invasion forces using Christmas and Santas and killer christmas trees. And surely the people of london would have twigged that intelligent lifeforms from elsewhere in the galaxy is a real possibility seeing that they have been invaded about 3 times in the space of a year?

I guess it did however explain what happened to one of the torchwoods as mentioned in the first or second ep of the Torchwood series. I suppose it could have been a lot worse.

I just get the feeling that the quality of the writing is going down because they are overstretching themselves with too many spin offs. Or is it just me?
                Anyway, all that aside the trailers looked interesting so there is that to look forward to.

'All of this has happened before
                And all of this will happen again
                So say we all.'

Comment

The deeper you get the hotter it gets, I don't think that the water would have even come in contact with the magma it would have evaporated long before that.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The whole molten core thing I just took to mean that there WAS no molten core, just the webship thingy. Or that the webship was between the water and the core, maybe? Very fanwanky, but it's the only explanation I can come up with for why the Earth didn't shatter or experience cataclysmic earthquakes/eruptions. Although that might be an interesting long term effect.

Comment

The centre of the Earth is not actually molten. There is a solid centre with a molten layer surrounding that. I'm guessing the centre was supposed to be the warship.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        The deeper you get the hotter it gets, I don't think that the water would have even come in contact with the magma it would have evaporated long before that.
                        Ok, but then it wouldn't have been effective in destroying the 'children' of the Raknos...?
                        Sorry, like I say, I dont mean to be pedantic or weird or anything.

'All of this has happened before
                        And all of this will happen again
                        So say we all.'

Comment

All I can assume is that the Raknoss children had climbed quit ehigh and the water washed the itsy bitsy spiders back down the plug hole before it evaporated, and they then plunged into magma.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            All I can assume is that the Raknoss children had climbed quit ehigh and the water washed the itsy bitsy spiders back down the plug hole before it evaporated, and they then plunged into magma.
                            Maybe I'm just lazy, but if I'd just been awakened and found there was this damn planet coating my ship and only one narrow crawlspace that went the thousands of miles up to the surface.... I'd just find a way to blow the damn planet off my back.

But then, I tend to be cranky when I first wake up. lol

Comment

Phew good to be back, been a few months, anyhow I'd have to give the episode two distinct ratings.

The obviously fun rating, it was cliched to heck, the acting wasen't up to much but the whole point of the episode was that it was just a xmas episode made for a laugh, so for that I'd give it a resonable 7/10.

As far as the whole episode went (keeping the fun and obvious silliness in mind) it has to be a standard 5/10, only satisfactory but not the best, last years xmas special was somehow a little better, this episode had a very lonely feeling about it, about 3 or 4 of the characters including the Doctor were the only ones, last years was a whole bunch of folks and it felt a bit more dramatic thus so.
                              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

In the scene where the Doctor and Donna were trying to hail a taxi, I know that the sign in the department store window said "Sale Starts Boxing Day" - but, the way the shot was framed, and the position David Tennant was standing, it looked more like "Tarts Boxing".

Now that sounds far more entertaining.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X