X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropping by to say hello, loves! + =

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      That was how the writers appeased both the shippers AND the non-shippers back then. We all could see it the way we wanted it to be.
      That's what I thought but this particular bit felt really fake, more a running gag than an offer that could actually lead to something, contrary to the one in Nemesis that felt sincere--so I didn't find it appeasing for shippers. ^^ I'll see how it goes with Pete, then; I forgot about all this (it's been a good amount of years since I watched Stargate, I was feeling nostalgic).

I don't mind, though, I understand the dilemma, and the impossibility to follow up on that in series 6 if there was to be series 7. But I admit rolling my eyes. Sam's tone when answering quite conveyed my feelings.

Hello, sg-1fanintn!
      Last edited by Elwenn; 10 March 2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Hi, fellow shippers

Originally posted by Elwenn View Post
        That's what I thought but this particular bit felt really fake, more a running gag than an offer that could actually lead to something, contrary to the one in Nemesis that felt sincere-- ...
        To me, this particuar invitation feels like it is one of many that happened before that we didn't see on screen. Like they had this conversation many times, both agreed that it is not wise for them to go together, and here Sam is a little frustrated that she has to decline again. Like, why do you torture us both again, you know we cannot. Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenn View Post
          That's what I thought but this particular bit felt really fake, more a running gag than an offer that could actually lead to something, contrary to the one in Nemesis that felt sincere--so I didn't find it appeasing for shippers. ^^ I'll see how it goes with Pete, then; I forgot about all this (it's been a good amount of years since I watched Stargate, I was feeling nostalgic).
          Also at that time, Amanda was not keen on Sam and Jack as a couple.

Comment

Hey Guys!

I have been a Stargate fan since it started all those years ago and I still love it now. I just have never (for some reason) joined this forum. I have lingered on Gateworld for years but never actually been in the forums and I feel I have been missing out. I am very much looking forward to catching up on all the theories and chat!

I adore Sam and Jack and used to write so much fanfiction about them, but recently I have been a little sidetracked and haven't done anything for a while and that makes me sad. I am really hoping to get back into it and I am hoping that this will be the perfect kick up the butt I need.

Look forward to meeting you guys and hopefully taking part in some really good conversations!

Vlinstry

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Really? Why? I have always seen them as having great chemistry ...

Comment

Originally posted by Vlinstry View Post
                  Hey Guys!

I have been a Stargate fan since it started all those years ago and I still love it now. I just have never (for some reason) joined this forum. I have lingered on Gateworld for years but never actually been in the forums and I feel I have been missing out. I am very much looking forward to catching up on all the theories and chat!

I adore Sam and Jack and used to write so much fanfiction about them, but recently I have been a little sidetracked and haven't done anything for a while and that makes me sad. I am really hoping to get back into it and I am hoping that this will be the perfect kick up the butt I need.

Look forward to meeting you guys and hopefully taking part in some really good conversations!

Vlinstry
                  Hi!
                  Unlike you, I found SG-1 much later, only after it was already over and finished. So I can only imagine how rich discussions must have been here in this forum back then, when the episodes were freshly aired. From time to time, I like to go back to those old threads to soak in the fun :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bluebari View Post
                    She was probably fearing her character would be demoted to the « main dude’s girlfriend » role. She had to fight a lot for her character and as a woman in the entertainment industry.

But there’s also the involvement of the Air Force in the show. Their characters weren’t allowed to fraternize. AT was probably also worried her character would be viewed negatively if she had a forbidden relationship with her CO. It’s when RDA left the show that she became more relaxed and playful about S/J being in a relationship.

She still said recently she doesn’t know if they would get married. To be fair, it didn’t matter for me for a long time as well. Maybe because both of my parents weren’t married for a long time while raising my sister and I. They ultimately did... but mainly for financial security. Now, I think it would be weird if S/J didn’t ultimately marry. But I think it would be understandable if it took them some more years to get there. After all, both of them did have unfortunate experience with marriage/engagement (be it their past SOs or even their alternate selves who died after getting engaged/married).
                    My Tumblr.
                    My Tumblr Art Blog.
                    My Deviantart page.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebari View Post
                      Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
                      She was probably fearing her character would be demoted to the « main dude’s girlfriend » role. She had to fight a lot for her character and as a woman in the entertainment industry.

But there’s also the involvement of the Air Force in the show. Their characters weren’t allowed to fraternize. AT was probably also worried her character would be viewed negatively if she had a forbidden relationship with her CO. It’s when RDA left the show that she became more relaxed and playful about S/J being in a relationship.
                      RadicalDreamor pegged it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlinstry View Post
                        Hey Guys!

Vlinstry
                        Welcome!!! Scroll back a page or two to find some posts I made with links to lots of old threads.

Or you can just post whatever thoughts you have about Sam and Jack. I'm checking back here every couple of days, sometimes more frequently. I love a discussion. I love a debate. Oh gosh, I miss having debates!

Here's a thought and call-out to all shippers!
                        Do you lean Sam's way or Jack's way or straight down the middle or some other way!

I think I lean Jack's way. Most of my videos seem to show that. I try hard to keep them neutral but I think they tend to be mostly Jack's POV. As for discussions, I think I usually see things from Jack's eyes. Unless it's clearly a Sam-centric episode or scene.

Okay Shippers!!!

Comment

P.S. to Vlinstry
                          I see you are still a "Probie" which means your posts currently have to be approved by a moderator. That can be frustrating because you won't see your post in the thread until they approve it. The best way to get past that is to keep posting to show the mods that you aren't a bot.

Comment

<respectfully snipped >

Here's a thought and call-out to all shippers!
                            Do you lean Sam's way or Jack's way or straight down the middle or some other way!

I think I lean Jack's way. Most of my videos seem to show that. I try hard to keep them neutral but I think they tend to be mostly Jack's POV. As for discussions, I think I usually see things from Jack's eyes. Unless it's clearly a Sam-centric episode or scene.

Okay Shippers!!!
                            Do you mean as we are writing/ vidding/etc? In that case, in my writing, I generally go as the story dictates. And within that story I try to stick to one pov. I write very short stories. Sorry. But I have written from both points of view in the various stories.

On the show? I think it was mostly told from Jack's pov and thus we see his progression of ship moreso than Sam's.
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

@everlovin' I would love to hear from all shippers! You're right, we did see a lot more of Jack's side of the relationship. That's probably why my videos are more Jack-sided, there just isn't much Sam stuff to work with. I should see that as a challenge: Look deeper for shippy-Sam tidbits!

It's even a great idea for us here! Calling all Shippers! Start posting about scenes that you see as shippy even if nobody else does.

Comment

I agree with UhSir...we tend to see more of Jack’s personal side (in all aspects, not just shippiness) whereas with Sam, 90% of what’s on screen is either Scientist Sam or Soldier Sam. So we’re left to try to read between the lines a lot of the time.

As a writer, it’s a challenge to find Sam’s inner voice at times, at least compared to Jack’s. My personal take is that while Sam excels at both aspects of her career, she is a lot less successful at managing her personal life...in fact she’s kind of awful at it (I mean come on...engaged once to that crazy guy...and then of course there’s Shanahan...)—a fact she seems to realize, which may be why she tries hard to avoid even having a personal life (why else would someone spend their vacation studying a naquada generator...). But I think the combination of being a good little soldier to please her dad and the struggle to prove herself in two traditionally male-dominated fields made her consciously or unconsciously suppress anything that might have inherently been seen as “weak”...and our personal sides...our vulnerable, messy, emotional sides...are often viewed that way. So it’s little wonder that that aspect of Sam may be underdeveloped to begin with, and why she’s reluctant to let it that side of her show, especially in her younger years (e.g. when she didn’t want anyone to see her cry over Cassie).

(Or else...you know...the show writers just didn’t know *how* to give her a personal side....????)

But yeah. Jack’s POV is easiest by far. He’s more complex than most people give him credit for, and he may not say things out loud, but he’s fairly transparent when it comes to his feelings...unless, of course, he doesn’t want to be (see Seasons 5 and 8...at least, up to Threads...).

I’m sorry...what was the question...? ????
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X