Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
    Hello, there ! Long time no see.

Something have been bothering me lately. Long ago, I heard something (maybe on this thread) about RDA and AT playing a scene as if a kiss occurred off screen before it (because if they did, even if it’s off screen and subtext enough to be missed... it kind of matters to shippers... it would mean those 2 characters had kisses or almost kisses off screen *but never going farther and feeling guilt afterwards and shoving that in the « room » as well* not just « Jack is the only one to remember lots of kisses while she can only somewhat remember the Broca kiss »).

I think people were talking about the episode Tangent, when Sam and Jack almost drown. But i’m unsure and I don’t know if the actors truly admitted to that (truth be told, a « spur of the moment » kiss occurring after « we almost died just there » wouldn’t be too abnormal).

So I’m asking in hope anyone lurking here remember this. If I could, I think it’s something I would ask AT about but i’m unlikely to ever meet her (and I would feel too intimidated to ask her on Twitter anyway).
    I doubt this one is it but in "The Enemy Within" when Kawalsky and Carter are in the elevator and he throws her into the wall, Amanda Tapping hit her head for real. In the beginning of a later briefing room scene Sam and Jack are sitting next to each other and Jack touches her arm and says something, inaudible, and Sam smiles. From what I've read, that's unscripted Rick checking on Amanda.

Maybe this one? There has been occasional discussion about what really happened between "Nemesis" and "Small Victories" inspired by the way Sam and Jack are acting when they first get back and are answering Hammond's questions.
    They left you behind?
    We (looks to ) were fine, sir.
    I'd be happy to debrief you all after I've debriefed myself for a nice hot shower.
    Permission to shower granted. In fact, I insist on it, Colonel.

smilie by Mala

Comment

This video with a very poor choice of thumbnail posted on Stargate Command's youtube channel is the romance theme by Joel Goldsmith. No voice-overs. No background noises. And it starts out with Sam and Jack at the barrier. And later, the scene at the end of Broca Divide.

Comment

This scene...

Last edited by UhSir; 01 March 2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
          This video with a very poor choice of thumbnail posted on Stargate Command's youtube channel is the romance theme by Joel Goldsmith. No voice-overs. No background noises. And it starts out with Sam and Jack at the barrier. And later, the scene at the end of Broca Divide.

https://youtu.be/F6qFbCSfa7k
          Thanks for posting the video. I like that Sam and Jack had the most scenes of any one ship but don't like the fact they left out John and Teyla, my other favorite Stargate ship.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

@planet_tv, I think the video isn't very good at all really. I was just thrilled about it having what I guess is the full love theme.

And while I'm here I'll just drop a Sam/Jack pic. I'm working on getting all of my screencaps and pics uploaded to a new host.

Last edited by UhSir; 24 February 2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I doubt this one is it but in "The Enemy Within" when Kawalsky and Carter are in the elevator and he throws her into the wall, Amanda Tapping hit her head for real. In the beginning of a later briefing room scene Sam and Jack are sitting next to each other and Jack touches her arm and says something, inaudible, and Sam smiles. From what I've read, that's unscripted Rick checking on Amanda.

Maybe this one? There has been occasional discussion about what really happened between "Nemesis" and "Small Victories" inspired by the way Sam and Jack are acting when they first get back and are answering Hammond's questions.
              They left you behind?
              We (looks to ) were fine, sir.
              I'd be happy to debrief you all after I've debriefed myself for a nice hot shower.
              Permission to shower granted. In fact, I insist on it, Colonel.

smilie by Mala
              I don’t think it was about the early series. At least after season 4. And possibly during a mission (and not a long period of time, so not the weeks that passed off screen between Nemesis and Small Victories) I keep thinking it was about that one time when they almost drown in the ship.

What i’ve read/heard is that RDA/AT intentionally intended for a kiss to have happened between their characters off screen in one episode... and that’s why they played a scene that was on screen a particular way (maybe Sam and Jack looking at each other funny or something... dunno).

Maybe it was just a rumor. Because I’ve read it on this thread a long time ago and since then... nothing. So who knows where the information was from. An interview ? An episode commentary (there are so many but i don’t own all the DVDs and the ones I have don’t have any commentary). A question asked in a con (which would be impossible to check... unless someone asked Amanda) ? Or just a shipper wishful thinking I mistook for real information...

It’s quite frustrating. Like a song you can’t remember the title. But... oh well... in the end, even if it’s true, it’s just subtext that can easily be ignored if one isn’t a shipper. Like Sam and Teal’c being a thing in Unending.
              My Tumblr.
              My Tumblr Art Blog.
              My Deviantart page.

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
                I don’t think it was about the early series. At least after season 4. And possibly during a mission (and not a long period of time, so not the weeks that passed off screen between Nemesis and Small Victories) I keep thinking it was about that one time when they almost drown in the ship.

What i’ve read/heard is that RDA/AT intentionally intended for a kiss to have happened between their characters off screen in one episode... and that’s why they played a scene that was on screen a particular way (maybe Sam and Jack looking at each other funny or something... dunno).

{snipped}
                Maybe the fishing scene in Moebius? The difference between that and the one in Threads, most notably the way Jack was sitting, there might have been a discussion here or a question at convention. By that time Amanda had done a complete 180 about how she played Sam with respect to Jack.

Comment

That would make sense.
                  And thank you for all the links, I haven't read everything, that would require a few time-loops.

Comment

This is a list of the threads here at GW about Sam and Jack. These are just the ones I'm keeping track of. There are more out there but they don't have any unique info. In other words, someone started the thread and then was redirected to an existing one.
                    Thank you for posting this awesome list! Sometimes I go back in this main thread and enjoy the old posts, but there is so much more to explore out here!

Comment

I don't think Teal'c fails them. I think it's two things. One, he's from a very different culture. He's been thrown into our world's many cultures, meanwhile being mostly secluded for the first years to our military culture. The guy has GOT to be confused! The other thing is even if he thought to talk to either, he probably wouldn't because it's not supposed to be happening. And if he still tried, they'd probably tell him they don't want to or can't discuss it.

I don't think Teal'c would default to thinking that Jack did something wrong.

As for "letting the Pete thing happen," Sam did a pretty good job of hiding that relationship. Everyone was probably just too shocked by her saying she was serious about him to argue with her.
                      Yeah, I know, you guys are right when you say that Teal'c couldn't/wouldn't do anything ... it's just so frustrating, watching Sam (and later Jack, too) with someone else ... I watched Affinity the other day, and there was everything about it wrong - Pete proposing at a playground, with a hotdog in one hand ... then Sam saying yes during a mission, on a crime scene, with co-workers around, wth??

Comment

@planet_tv, I think the video isn't very good at all really. I was just thrilled about it having what I guess is the full love theme.

And while I'm here I'll just drop a Sam/Jack pic. I'm working on getting all of my screencaps and pics uploaded to a new host.

Pretty pic

Comment

Originally posted by bluebari View Post
                          Pretty pic
                          I found it while making a video. It's one of the blended images when a scene changes from one angle to another. I thought it was cool so I capped it.

While you're browsing the other threads, if you find anything interesting maybe bring it up over here and we can chat about.

Comment

I'm in the middle of series 6; the beginning of Sight Unseen was definitely frustrating:
                            O’Neill: You could come with.
                            Carter: Sir?
                            O’Neill: Fishing, Carter. I’m going fishing.
                            Carter: You know I’m planning on studying the artifact.
                            O’Neill: Yes. It’s always something, isn’t it.
                            Carter: Oh come on, sir. We both know the only you asked is because you knew I had something else to do.
                            O’Neill: No, really, I think you should come. Fish. Fish some more…
                            We're a few episodes away from Paradise Lost when she doesn't want to give hope, and is comforted by Teal'c, or before Metamorphosis.

Anyway, I've been having a strange feeling of hot and cold so far. Maybe because RDA wasn't as present in 6 as in earlier series.
                            Or maybe it was just for the sake of an inside joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenn View Post
                              {snipped}
                              Anyway, I've been having a strange feeling of hot and cold so far. Maybe because RDA wasn't as present in 6 as in earlier series.
                              Or maybe it was just for the sake of an inside joke.
                              That was how the writers appeased both the shippers AND the non-shippers back then. We all could see it the way we wanted it to be.

Comment

Amanda and Richard will be Wales Comic Con!!

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/...les-comic-con/

Comment

Working...
                                X