MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonicaL View Post
    And FH, I'm writing a fanfic alt of SGA where Heightmeyer is alive (and dating a nice USAF officer) and Elizabeth Weir still runs things as they should be run. As long as those of us who love the shows write fanfic, either for publishing online or just because characters won't shut up, I personally don't feel that the Stargate franchise will ever die. I do wish there were more audio dramas, though, because I find those far superior to a number of the Fandemonium books, mainly due to inaccuracies or obvious shipping by the authors.
    Indeed.

Also, link in your signature... I assume...?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Indeed.

Also, link in your signature... I assume...?
      Not for that fanfic. I'm writing with someone else and we haven't decided whether to publish it at this time. I'll post in the fanfic section if we decide to do so.
      Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
      sigpic
      Lady Pandora
      Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

Originally posted by MonicaL View Post
        Not for that fanfic. I'm writing with someone else and we haven't decided whether to publish it at this time. I'll post in the fanfic section if we decide to do so.
        Okiday... Keep me posted when it happens. Love to read.

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...h-new-heights/

This article looked like a "pre-Tongal" advertisment. One more month and we will know much more.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...h-new-heights/

This article looked like a "pre-Tongal" advertisment. One more month and we will know much more.
            Can you feel it in the air?
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

A few quotes from the article...

Don’t get me wrong — the whims of fandom should not impact the general direction of the franchise. But their intelligence and aptitude must not be ignored.
              Oh the whims of the fandom should be firmly ignored at all times... (including my own)

We will pursue our whims in our own creations, far away from official business, where we can be as whimsical as we want to be. In our own sandbox.

My ultimate hope is that Stargate Command evolves into a platform that not only provides an extensive library of Stargate content, but also a sophisticated method for fans to have a greater impact on the franchise itself. This current iteration Stargate Command was an excellent start — but regional restrictions and technical difficulties have so far impaired its endless potential.
              Obviously love the bolded line which is a sign that at least someone, other than a few of us, realize that the SGC's shortcomings as a true community like Gateworld are its limited access. There are literally almost no stargate fans from outside of the allowed regions.

My ultimate suggestion to MGM: Think of Stargate like a luxury resort...
              ...they already do, considering there are only a few select countries with access to the SGC.

I mean, someone on twitter literally called it a perk that I had no privilege to.

My hope for the franchise’s next chapter is a more transparent, multi-faceted, and engaging community where fans can share their love of the Stargate like never before. And maybe, just maybe, Stargate can reach the heights we’ve always known it can.
              If it remains closed to half the community, it will never go back to what it once was, nor will it attract new viewers.

But if MGM is willing to expand and listen, and learn and invest, then maybe the above is possible.

Comment

Probably we will get a more announcement comes in December on whatever wherever con.

But since the SG:C first year is ending in September, I believe they will announce at least the two Jaffa stories by Chris Judge.

Just I don't want to be fooled again. You know... They raise our hopes, but then nothing happens again. And again. And again. So I don't expect anything now, then I can be surprised positively.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Probably we will get a more announcement comes in December on whatever wherever con.

But since the SG:C first year is ending in September, I believe they will announce at least the two Jaffa stories by Chris Judge.

Just I don't want to be fooled again. You know... They raise our hopes, but then nothing happens again. And again. And again. So I don't expect anything now, then I can be surprised positively.
                  Likewise, enough of these teasers.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

By believing they'll announce the Jaffa stories, you are expecting something... so you'll end up disappointed again if they don't.

Comment

You know when your heart and your mind play a game against each other.

Comment

You know when your heart and your mind play a game against each other.
                        I do.

Comment

It's why I took Jels Heart for a bacon sandwich.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Something major regarding Stargate's future will be announced the weekend of September 14. Here's what we know
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I hope we will be right. I would be happy with the two Jaffa stories what CJ was planning, but if a 4th series would be announced then we all would be even more pleased.

Maybe we should look around if they bought any recent stargate domain names...

Comment

One thing I'd like to see in the Jaffa stories would be the moment where the So'dan faction emerged, there's mentions of a rebellion if I remember correctly.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X