Timeless (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    I think they needed a name that would stick with people. And chose an actual person and made a fiction of them.
    I mean...given his background in science...Rittenhouse does seem plausible to start an organization like this. Just don't understand where Carol's grandfather fits in, and how he supposedly mapped all of this out. This is where the disconnect is right now.
    Last edited by LtColCarter; 08 April 2018, 05:08 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      I mean...given his background in science...Rittenhouse does seem plausible to start and organization like this. Just don't understand where Carol's grandfather fits in, and how he supposedly mapped all of this out. This is where the disconnect is right now.
      I'm thinking someone from the far future visited him and told him about time machines and gave him the idea to start the whole Rittenhouse thing off. How else would they have knowledge of time machines back in the past?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

True...however...if you remember HG Wells wrote about time travel as well. I don't think the concept of traveling in time is new. IMHO
        sigpic

Comment

Aside from the very young, I don't think there is a human alive who hasn't wished they could go back in time and do something differently.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            True...however...if you remember HG Wells wrote about time travel as well. I don't think the concept of traveling in time is new. IMHO

Yes but HG Wells was writing fiction.

I'm thinking the people that contacted Rittenhouse either told him, or showed him how time machines were real things and that if they followed the plans they outlined he could lead a great revolution or something.

I think that's how he started out.

Comment

Yes but HG Wells was writing fiction.

I'm thinking the people that contacted Rittenhouse either told him, or showed him how time machines were real things and that if they followed the plans they outlined he could lead a great revolution or something.

I think that's how he started out.
              Possibly...maybe we'll find out!

Last night's episode was interesting. So, it seems that
              Spoiler:
              Rittenhouse sent someone back to 1980 and this restored Jessica to the timeline. I wonder what this will accomplish? Seems like Lucy's life just got a little more dangerous now that her Mom was taken off of Lucy detail. I wonder what the ramifications of halting the Salem Witch Trials will be?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Aside from the very young, I don't think there is a human alive who hasn't wished they could go back in time and do something differently.

Hey water skiing behind a fighter jet looks like fun

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Trying again lol. I think Jessica will turn out to be a Rittenhouse agent. Just my 2 cents.
                    and regarding Lucy's grandfather-was he supposed to die in WWI(meaning he would have already fathered Lucy's mother) and She and Emma go back with the idea of saving his life and bringing him back to be the mastermind? That would explain why no on would miss him in 1918. they think he's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Trying again lol. I think Jessica will turn out to be a Rittenhouse agent. Just my 2 cents.
                      and regarding Lucy's grandfather-was he supposed to die in WWI(meaning he would have already fathered Lucy's mother) and She and Emma go back with the idea of saving his life and bringing him back to be the mastermind? That would explain why no on would miss him in 1918. they think he's dead.
                      Intriguing.
                      Spoiler:
                      I didn't catch the part where he was already supposed to be dead. When did they state that he was supposed to die during WWI? That is also an interesting theory about Jessica. Rittenhouse would know that Wyatt would welcome her with open arms. So, they do whatever is necessary to ensure that she doesn't die and then recruit her.
                      sigpic

Comment

to be honest,
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm not sure they actually said he had died. I need a re-watch!! I guess I just assumed it since they went back to that exact time and said they had someone they needed to save. So I could be wrong. Re Jessica: I'm wondering why they went back to 1980? Is that when she was born or conceived? If they just wanted to save her life, they could have gone back 6 years to right prior to her
                        murder. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                          to be honest,
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm not sure they actually said he had died. I need a re-watch!! I guess I just assumed it since they went back to that exact time and said they had someone they needed to save. So I could be wrong. Re Jessica: I'm wondering why they went back to 1980? Is that when she was born or conceived? If they just wanted to save her life, they could have gone back 6 years to right prior to her
                          murder. Interesting.
                          I think the person who
                          Spoiler:
                          caused Jessica's death might have been born in 1980. So...the trip to 1980 by Rittenhouse could have been to get rid of that person. However, when Rufus tried to save that man in Salem...he still ended up dead. So, I don't know.
                          sigpic

Comment

This show is really good. Will she be able to get her sister back?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              This show is really good. Will she be able to get her sister back?

I'm wondering if the sister is key to keeping the timeline straight and that's why she lost her in season 1?

Like she has nothing actually to do with it but is a kind of focal point..

Comment

I'm wondering if the sister is key to keeping the timeline straight and that's why she lost her in season 1?

Like she has nothing actually to do with it but is a kind of focal point..
                                Interesting theory. I like it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X