No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I've had a few of those days too. Fortunately, a family friend managed to pick up a giant packet of them and was generous enough to give it to us.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Yeah, I've had a few of those days too. Fortunately, a family friend managed to pick up a giant packet of them and was generous enough to give it to us.
      That's very nice of them!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I started the epic battle "The Search for Toilet Paper" today.

I lost.
        TP vs JT --> 1-0

We had a package delivered, though on further inspection it turned out we still had 3 rolls lying around in our bathroom. Ah well... we're good for another couple of months.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          TP vs JT --> 1-0

We had a package delivered, though on further inspection it turned out we still had 3 rolls lying around in our bathroom. Ah well... we're good for another couple of months.
          I'm declaring a cease fire for today. I'll continue the fight tomorrow.

I looked at Amazon to order it but you could only buy huge quantities. I live alone. I don't need 3 years worth.

Comment

I'm declaring a cease fire for today. I'll continue the fight tomorrow.

I looked at Amazon to order it but you could only buy huge quantities. I live alone. I don't need 3 years worth.
            My best friend accidently made a bulk order on Amazon (well before corona was the talk of the town). She's giving it away now.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Still got plenty of TP, thankfully. The question is, can we find fresh fish at the market today?
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I started the epic battle "The Search for Toilet Paper" today.

I lost.
                I went to the store today also and they were pretty well stocked except for TP, cleaning products and hand sanitizer. We have a corner of our basement that we call our bodega where we store food, paper and cleaning products. There is also a wine section and a freezer. We have everything except produce and dairy. LOL I have enough TP for a couple of months at least. After that I may have to barter with my neighbors.

Our governor has declared a stay at home order until June 10. I will have long gray hair by then and the twins will have forgotten us. We have a community forum online here and I must say I am embarrassed for some of my neighbors. I think they only heard the "stay at home" part and not the rest of the info on what businesses can stay open. However, it seems like the traffic is only about 20% reduced around here. Maybe they're all out looking for TP.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

TP vs JT --> 1-0
                  New score! TP vs JT --> 1-1!!

I was going to wait until tomorrow but a friend reminded me that tomorrow is the first of the month, so all the people who get monthly government checks would be out in force, so it would likely be crowded. I was able to get 4 individual rolls (that was the limit, and there were only individual rolls available). I'm just glad I got some. Now I can calm down about it for awhile. I hope this whole limited supply thing stops soon.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Still got plenty of TP, thankfully. The question is, can we find fresh fish at the market today?
                  I hope you were able to get some!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I went to the store today also and they were pretty well stocked except for TP, cleaning products and hand sanitizer. We have a corner of our basement that we call our bodega where we store food, paper and cleaning products. There is also a wine section and a freezer. We have everything except produce and dairy. LOL I have enough TP for a couple of months at least. After that I may have to barter with my neighbors.
                  Yeah, I found the stores to be at least partly stocked except for cleaners and paper products.

That's smart about the wine section!! I would love a sangria right about now. Don't you have a great recipe for that? I remember you posting that.

Our governor has declared a stay at home order until June 10. I will have long gray hair by then and the twins will have forgotten us. We have a community forum online here and I must say I am embarrassed for some of my neighbors. I think they only heard the "stay at home" part and not the rest of the info on what businesses can stay open. However, it seems like the traffic is only about 20% reduced around here. Maybe they're all out looking for TP.

June 10th? Wow, that's so far away. Damn.

Can you Skype with the twins? I'm sure they won't forget you.

And I've seen some truly stupid things said on Facebook about the virus and the quarantine. Some of it from my own family.

Comment

That's smart about the wine section!! I would love a sangria right about now. Don't you have a great recipe for that? I remember you posting that.
                    I do. I'll try to post that for you tomorrow.

Can you Skype with the twins? I'm sure they won't forget you.
                    We Facetimed with them earlier. Mom and Dad are working from home so they have to take turns with the boys and try to work in between. Thing 1 likes to do raspberries with Grandpa so he did that on the phone. Dad said he only does that with us so I think he remembers us. Thing 2 is a very busy boy but he did tell us about Elmo and Dog. We are all coping the best we can.
                    sigpic

Comment

Our governor has declared a stay at home order until June 10.
                      June 10?!?

That's 2 months... that's even longer than us right now.

Although, I suspect we'll be locked down for at least another month. Currently we have orders until April 19th but we're pretty sure they'll be extended to May 3rd (May 1st is Labor Day so day off).

And I'm sure Thing 1 and 2 won't ever forget you.
                      Your son won't let them -- he'll be using that camera screen to keep them occupied so you start practicing grandparenting from a distance.

And I've seen some truly stupid things said on Facebook about the virus and the quarantine. Some of it from my own family.
                      I have to admit that I've been reading the hashtag "ReopenAmerica" on twitter a lot lately. The Darwin Awards will have so many nominations this year.

Comment

I have to admit that I've been reading the hashtag "ReopenAmerica" on twitter a lot lately. The Darwin Awards will have so many nominations this year.
                        After reading Twitter today, I came up with 2 schools of thought.

1. It's all a hoax and the government is lying to us.
                        2. We're all going to die and the government is lying to us.
                        sigpic

Comment

After reading Twitter today, I came up with 2 schools of thought.

1. It's all a hoax and the government is lying to us.
                          2. We're all going to die and the government is lying to us.
                          You think the government is lying?

Comment

You think the government is lying?
                            *snort* Yeah, but not as much as the press.

As promised, the Sangria recipe
                            Spoiler:
                            3 cups red wine
                            3 cups Sprite or similar
                            2 cups Triple Sec
                            ¼ (12-ounce) OJ concentrate
                            ? cup Tequila
                            Fruit of choice: orange, lemon, lime; sliced

Will fit into a 2 quart Pitcher.

If possible, put in freezer overnight. Remove from freezer a few hours
                            before serving. Another option is to make Sangria ice cubes to add to punch. Much
                            experimentation might be necessary. Expect it to disappear quickly.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              3 cups red wine
                              3 cups Sprite or similar
                              2 cups Triple Sec
                              ? cup Tequila

before serving. Another option is to make Sangria ice cubes to add to punch. Much
                              I don't drink alcohol but damn that sounds like it tastes terrific.

I had a non-alcoholic version of Sangria once, though I suspect the amount of fermented fruit in it, that it wasn't as non-alcoholic as our cook back then claimed it was.

Comment

Glad to hear some are winning the war of the TP. Never in a million years would I have thought finding TP would be such a struggle.

I'm only doing click list pick up grocery shopping at Kroger, so I'm not sure what my store shelves actually look like, but luckily (except for the one week I couldn't find tortillas) I've been able to get everything on my order each week without any crazy substitutions. My brain hasn't let me forget the great tortilla shortage either. Everything I eat, I want on a tortilla. BBQ chicken quesadilla, spicy taco tacos, enchiladas, egg/cheese/bacon quesadilla, you name it, I want to turn it into some kind of tortilla dish. I ran out of graham crackers for smores and contemplated a tortilla version. Still might try that sometime.

*snort* Yeah, but not as much as the press.

Spoiler:
                                3 cups red wine
                                3 cups Sprite or similar
                                2 cups Triple Sec
                                ? cup Tequila

Filing that recipe away for later!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X