Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to that, legally if *anyone* were to start a kickstarter to raise money for a show they don't have copyright too, it is a criminal copyright issue.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
      Add to that, legally if *anyone* were to start a kickstarter to raise money for a show they don't have copyright too, it is a criminal copyright issue.
      Yup. Hence why anyone (is there anyone/a group, to begin with?) planning this should communicate/coordinate/plead/beg with MGM/TPTB/whoever holds the copyright first (hence the point regarding a petition for 'permission' first).
      I kinda agree that it probably won't progress past that point, if people were to try, but that's their time.
      As I said, I will sign such a petition, but I won't commit past that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
        its called stealing. You're trying to raise money to use premises and characters that belong to someone else to make money. theft of intellectual property. IMHO, if Kickstarter had any sort of control they'd bar the project from the get go, simply to not be embroiled in the whole thing
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          its called stealing. You're trying to raise money to use premises and characters that belong to someone else to make money. theft of intellectual property. IMHO, if Kickstarter had any sort of control they'd bar the project from the get go, simply to not be embroiled in the whole thing
          Yea if MGM wants to retain control over the rights so be it(even though at the moments they are doing nothing with it). Its time for some new original ideas(or rip offs) which can be started by independent artists and writers. I can never have enough sci-fi/fantasy stuff. I think its good that people want to get outside the "industries" main powers.
          sigpic

Favorite quote:
          McKay: You shot me!
          Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
          Ronon: You shot me, too.
          Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

So, a harebrained idea.... what would it take to capitalise at least a final episode of SGU to once and for all resolve all the little notions that where explored, express but never tied up?? the thought that everyone is simple asleep for the next few years while they drift into the next solar systems still begs the question of what logic was found in the fabric of reality and whom was its and presumably our creator. im sure this can be wrapped up to give us all some peace.

lets say it costs $30m, im sure all those fans out there would pre pay $10 each for the chance to see the end unfold. thats only 3 million fans, heck i would pay $100 or more. and if this transaction was direct and without the overheads of the distributors i could work????

Comment

I been reading most of the comments in this thread, and i agree, nothing we can do will bring sgu back! Get over it!

If you want to do something to help science fiction, put your money into science instead! It's through science that science fiction is realized and understood! NASA could surely use the money for sure, aswell as many other scientifical branches.

Most people are not scientifically literate, so they see this stuff as fantasy with fairies and gnomes. It's ignorance yes, but that really show's how uneducated people are nowday's. Everybody want's reality because of their own insecurities, and it's easier for them to follow.

You want sgu back, it's best to go after the source which in the end would have a larger impact. I loved sgu, and i'd love for it to continue, but i also see the fact's and what people want. People want vampires and superheroes, it is far easier to understand than a super technological spaceship going through space finding who know's what!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicators View Post
                I been reading most of the comments in this thread, and i agree, nothing we can do will bring sgu back! Get over it!

If you want to do something to help science fiction, put your money into science instead! It's through science that science fiction is realized and understood! NASA could surely use the money for sure, aswell as many other scientifical branches.

Most people are not scientifically literate, so they see this stuff as fantasy with fairies and gnomes. It's ignorance yes, but that really show's how uneducated people are nowday's. Everybody want's reality because of their own insecurities, and it's easier for them to follow.

You want sgu back, it's best to go after the source which in the end would have a larger impact. I loved sgu, and i'd love for it to continue, but i also see the fact's and what people want. People want vampires and superheroes, it is far easier to understand than a super technological spaceship going through space finding who know's what!
                i've written vampires in space, but then i got bored of the source material because vampires are boring, where as people done right are much more interesting. We're all monsters in our own right and dangerous and deadly, so i wrote a series about humans versus aliens and we are the bad guys because we're inherently evil. I've come to the appreciation that goodness is a mask we wear, but our true identities are monstrosities of all sorts.

Comment

Working...
                X