No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Picard -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New set photo has appeared. Looks an awful lot like an updated version of the VOY uniforms, only it appears they have collars the same colour as the shoulders, instead of the blue/gray undershirt. I think it might be the previously-seen future commbadge too, but it’s too blurry to be sure.

https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral/s...65645910429697
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      New set photo has appeared. Looks an awful lot like an updated version of the VOY uniforms, only it appears they have collars the same colour as the shoulders, instead of the blue/gray undershirt. I think it might be the previously-seen future commbadge too, but it’s too blurry to be sure.

https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral/s...65645910429697
      Of all the uniforms in trek the Voyager ones might be my least favourite (third from the bottom. Just after the Motion Picture uniforms and the TNG seasons 1-2 spandex ones) but I'm still loving that they're going with a traditional 24th Century look.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I suppose there's also still a lot of wiggle room here, the photo really reveals nothing. For all we know, they could be filming a scene set a week after Nemesis with Picard beaming down to a planet to begin his retirement, and then we get a "20 Years Later" card. Not enough to go on yet.

I kind of like the idea that early DS9 alluded to without ever actually coming out and saying, that maybe Starfleet personnel deployed to outposts wear different uniforms than personnel deployed on starships. (Of course, there's an awful lot to contradict that theory, so...)
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I suppose there's also still a lot of wiggle room here, the photo really reveals nothing. For all we know, they could be filming a scene set a week after Nemesis with Picard beaming down to a planet to begin his retirement, and then we get a "20 Years Later" card. Not enough to go on yet.

I kind of like the idea that early DS9 alluded to without ever actually coming out and saying, that maybe Starfleet personnel deployed to outposts wear different uniforms than personnel deployed on starships. (Of course, there's an awful lot to contradict that theory, so...)
          See i’ve Always thought this and Discovery helped back it up some, that Starfleet always has multiple uniforms on the go at once and at the time of early DS9 and Voyager that design was like the every day working uniform while the TNG design was more like a lower level service dress or service khaki to use a modern navy comparison. Which is sort of backed up in Generations of all places because in that film the Enterprise is fresh out of refit and the crews are seemingly wearing both, almost as if they’re still in the working uniforms half the time while the sawdus settles.

The fact that they switch to the black uniforms later corresponds to another theory I have that Starfleet introduces different uniforms during war time that reinforce uniformity. So you have the DS9 blacks introduced around the time when there was a Cold War with the Klingons and the Dominion and you have the red TMP uniforms when Starfleet was also seemingly more militaristic.

Comment

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but it looks like the Picard series will debut on Amazon Prime instead of Netflix as they have won the bidding.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I don't know if it has been mentioned, but it looks like the Picard series will debut on Amazon Prime instead of Netflix as they have won the bidding.
              It may have come up on the last page.

Comment

Oh sorry. I will my iron my fingers. : Dobby routine activated :
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

And if I forgot any, I don’t want to hear about it. That took WAY flippin’ longer to put together than I was expecting
                  You forgot the 24th white dress uniforms. And all dress uniforms. Also the Kirk green uniform. And what about the mirror universe?
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You forgot the 24th white dress uniforms. And all dress uniforms. Also the Kirk green uniform. And what about the mirror universe?
                    Also Picard's casual Jacket thing. Both of them since there was the one with the leather shoulders that we never see again for some reason.

That always actually bugged me about Sisko and Janeway. I always felt like they should have had their own Captain's Casual Friday uniform like Kirk and Picard.

Comment

They’re the Starfleet standard duty uniforms and you know it, ya jackasses

I actually laughed out loud at “Casual Friday uniform”

Comment

They’re the Starfleet standard duty uniforms and you know it, ya jackasses

I actually laughed out loud at “Casual Friday uniform”
                        can't get much more casual than Seven's catsuit though (at least not and still remain PG-13)

Comment

I don't know if I'd call that casual, it looks like it would've been a ton of work to get into and out of... (How did she ever go pee?)

On a related note, here is TrekMovie speculating on the uniforms featured in the stills we've seen so far -- drawing comparison to uniforms from past shows, the Countdown comic, and Star Trek Online.

Comment

First teaser is here! It seems to be being taken down in some places but not others so I’m not quite sure what’s going on — so enjoy it while you can!

https://twitter.com/StarTrekModels/s...86450871472128

EDIT: Looks like the teaser has been officially released now, so here’s a proper link via TrekMovie (though stupidly region-locked to US), plus a poster:

https://trekmovie.com/2019/05/23/wat...teaser-debuts/

EDIT 2: Canada-friendly official link:

https://twitter.com/SpaceChannel/sta...06586777055233

EDIT 3: International-friendly link:

https://twitter.com/StarTrek/status/1131602404665843712
                            Last edited by DigiFluid; 23 May 2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

First teaser is here! It seems to be being taken down in some places but not others so I’m not quite sure what’s going on — so enjoy it while you can!

https://twitter.com/StarTrekModels/s...86450871472128
                              Now that is interesting. So from the sounds of it Picard led an Armada to try to either save Romulus or try to save as many Romulans as possible after Hobus but then something happened that evidently made him consider himself a failure and retire...

That sounds like a fantastic plot for Picard's character.

Loved the little jingle of the TNG theme at the end too.

Though after I heard that I suddenly had this incredible desire to hear the Inner Light theme as the show's theme music.

The only complaint I have is that it appears like he's wearing a normal looking suit and tie at the end, which just feels out of place in the 24th Century.

Comment

The premiere is still a ways away, I’m sure the title theme isn’t locked in yet. I think using the Inner Light tune (or a variant on it) is just a terrific idea, now I really hope they do!

Comment

Working...
                                X