No announcement yet.

Inauguration (720)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they say "History's written by the winners". Hayes is just wondering who'll be writing the history books concerning the Stargate, supporters or him and SG1 or supporters of Kinsey?
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

As a Clip-show goes, this is the best of all clip show in 8 season of SG-1.
      IMHO it's a decent episode comparably to other episodes on any season. I like the interaction of Kinsey, Hayes & Woosley (and a bit of edgy-Hammond).
      It shows that Hayes is not as 'soft' and indifferent as we would have thought of the previous President, makes him plausible for his action in Lost City.
      And I really don't like Woosley in Heroes 2, but here he made a logical argument and respectable choice, and I kinda understand of why he'd done what he did in Heroes 2.
      Kinsey is a weasel here as always, but Hammond shows some part of him that we seldom seen.
      sigpic
      sig.by : lilferret

Comment

It was a good episode I liked the fact that someone who is friends with Hammond is now in charge

I especially liked the flashback to disclosure:

THOR: Hello. I am Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard fleet.

KINSEY: Commander Thor, my name is ...

THOR: Senator Kinsey. O'Neill suggested I send you to a distant planet for your actions here but I am reasonably certain his statement was in jest.

KINSEY: I'm sure it was, Commander ...

THOR: (Putting his boney finger up) *Supreme* Commander. It is the opinion of the Asgard High Council that Stargate Command should be left in the very capable hands of General Hammond and his team. And while our continued friendship with Earth is not contingent on that, it is preferred.

I was overjoyed when Woolsey switched sides hopefully we will see a lot more of him
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Kinsey's fab. He never gives up, does he?

He may be an evil old fart, but I always admire perseverance.
          sigpic

Comment

He didnt seem to understand that its a good idea to show respect to the ASGARD SUPREME COMMANDER
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

I don't think he has genuine respect for anyone except for No. 1. That's Kinsey.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Given what a mess he's made of himself (even the NID doesn't like him anymore, and that's about as low as you can go), I don't think he even respects himself. He just wants power.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                  I think I read somewhere that that set came from some movie or other.. Have to go try and remember where I saw it.
                  Looks very similar to the oval office set in X-Men 2.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                    Looks very similar to the oval office set in X-Men 2.
                    it is exactly the same set as the one in xmen 2 and in both the secret service where shooting at a target that wasnt really there

Comment

I actually liked this episode. It reminded me of the
                      movie Thirteen Days.
                      sigpic

Comment

Why, on the 'british SG1 mag and dvd collection' at least, why in the subtitles is maybourne called hacker and not maybourne?

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                          Given what a mess he's made of himself (even the NID doesn't like him anymore, and that's about as low as you can go), I don't think he even respects himself. He just wants power.

And wealth, I suspect. Lots and lots and lots of wealth. Just to see if money really can buy happiness.
                          sigpic

Comment

It was sort of a sequel to 'Disclosure' and I loved that one. Yeah so like always - Great Ep!!!
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco View Post
                              For a clips show I thought this episode was amazingly well done.

It had a great plot that drove the episode and the clips had a good reason for being shown.

It also helps to have an "all star" cast And I love that they brought in that diskette from "Chain Reaction"
                              I loved the 'new' presidents face when he was being first briefed... "Your pulling one on me arn't you.."

BTW what chain reaction diskette??

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                              President Hayes said it best when he pointed out how no one could on earth could even begin to understand what they've been through. I wish Hammond or someone from SG-1 could have been there to defend themselves to the new President though....
                              Yes he did.. and i loved him telling 'kinsey' lets give them the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                I loved the 'new' presidents face when he was being first briefed... "Your pulling one on me arn't you.."

BTW what chain reaction diskette??

Yes he did.. and i loved him telling 'kinsey' lets give them the benefit of the doubt.
                                At the end of Chain Reaction Oneil stuffs a copy of the "incriminating" evidence on kinsey from his computer in his pocket, and thats the last we see of it till this ep. In this ep Woolsey goes to Hammond who gives him a copy and woolsey gives it to Hayes.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X