Inauguration (720)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    The new President is great. Although it was a clip show, I still think it was a decent episode. I guess the big budget was for the Lost City and they had nothing left for episode 7.19 so they chose it to be a sort of review of the past seasons!
    yeah but that oval office set must have cost them. that was one amazing set, for a while there i thought maybe they had stolen the west wings set for a week. i was very impressed.

Comment

I think I read somewhere that that set came from some movie or other.. Have to go try and remember where I saw it.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

One thing I found amusing was Kinsey's entire argument consisted of "these people barely saved the world over a dozen times, and I think it had nothing to do with skill." Also, his examples of Carter and O'Neill's feelings were some of the flimsiest (and most brief) examples I've seen.
        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

I totally agree, if it someone else was 'barely saving the world', i think the world would have been over by now.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I thought this was incredible. I was amazed that an episode that doesn't feature SG-1 could be so good! I love the new President

I also noticed that the Oval Office was the same one featured in X2, which coincidentally featured some Stargate actors! (Tanith for one....)
            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
              I thought this was incredible. I was amazed that an episode that doesn't feature SG-1 could be so good! I love the new President

I also noticed that the Oval Office was the same one featured in X2, which coincidentally featured some Stargate actors! (Tanith for one....)
              Tanith? As Stryker's right hand man? I've been wondering about thta for ages but couldn't see his name in the credits.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                Tanith? As Stryker's right hand man? I've been wondering about thta for ages but couldn't see his name in the credits.
                I was thrown by the accent, but I suppose it makes sense that the Brit-doing-an-accent villain should have a Brit-doing-an-accent henchling.

Of course, Cox is Welsh so maybe Stryker's team are linked to the SGC...
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

in general, imo, flashback eps suck. they're just a lame excuse for not writing a real story.

that said, this one was really good, for a flashback ep. it had a good plot and set up the story for "the lost city." i didn't like the fact that the president had a name & face, though; it thought it was better how they had done it all along with him just being "the president." but it was good how the clips were there for a reason other than the plot was too thin to stand without them.

Comment

A good quality flashback episode because it was a good way to welcome the President and build up the lost city
                    __

__

Comment

Grr... Woosley, i like his character, and the actor, i just didn't like how he was on Kinsey's side at the beginning (i'm assuming hes not at the end). All the reasons saying how "bad decisions", "wrong thing to go", i'm like, if it were some other people, sure they may have it done it the "correct" way, but might have died anyway because they went by the book, or something, but thats just my guess.
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
                        in general, imo, flashback eps suck. they're just a lame excuse for not writing a real story.

that said, this one was really good, for a flashback ep. it had a good plot and set up the story for "the lost city." i didn't like the fact that the president had a name & face, though; it thought it was better how they had done it all along with him just being "the president." but it was good how the clips were there for a reason other than the plot was too thin to stand without them.
                        unfortunately clip shows are often a neccessary evil. some shows tend to abuse them, but stargate never really has. i've always found that stargates clip shows have a purpose and hence are generally quite enjoyable. they fill in an awful lot of exposition, while setting up for the mammoth episode that follows.
                        just as politics set up very nicely for the season one finale (and for the season to follow in a way), inauguration sets up brilliantly for the lost city, so much that i almost view inauguration, and lost city parts 1 & 2 as a three part episode.

Comment

Maybe it was just my imagination, or the result of hanging around different forums/groups for too long, but, did anyone else get the sense that this ep was trying to send a message to the (so-named) anti-shippers in the online fandom?

I've read things written by disgruntled fans, things like, "what Sam and Jack are doing is against regulations." "They should be split up." "They are a danger to others in their unit, to the SGC, the planet, (heck, the whole galaxy)" etc. It has even been suggested that the show should be scraped because of its continued focus on ship.

Then you have Inauguration, and VP Kinsey. Nobody will deny that he plays a classic bad guy on the show. And where does Kinsey stand? He both wants the SGC scraped, and he accused Sam and Jack of having inappropriate feelings for each other.

Now, the new Prez doesn't see anything untoward about Sam and Jack having feelings for each other, and even by-the-numbers Woosley seems to have had his 'Ah hah' moment right after Kinsey brought up the whole feelings accusation.

I'm not saying I agree, or disagree with the whole Sam&Jack "issue" but I do wonder if the pro-ship PTB were using this ep to send a message....
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

They could have feelings for each other just as long as it doesn't interfere with the missions they go on.

Comment

The best SG-1 clip show so far.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                unfortunately clip shows are often a neccessary evil. some shows tend to abuse them, but stargate never really has. i've always found that stargates clip shows have a purpose and hence are generally quite enjoyable. they fill in an awful lot of exposition, while setting up for the mammoth episode that follows.
                                just as politics set up very nicely for the season one finale (and for the season to follow in a way), inauguration sets up brilliantly for the lost city, so much that i almost view inauguration, and lost city parts 1 & 2 as a three part episode.
                                Inauguration is true to what’s in part behind the success of SG-1. The producers never leave behind the growth for new viewers to jump in at anytime. I view the season 7 finale as a three-part episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X