• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss PH!
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

She is still on Twitter.

I always wanted to ask what is MKII in the title of this thread? Because every time I see it, it reminds me to Mortal Kombat. I know the Cantina can be a dangeruous place, but I hope not that much!
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Their is a reason she is gone but I don't think it would be appropriate on the open forum
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Wow...it has been a long time since I was here.

None of the tech stuff means much to me. VERY limited income. Extremely limited net. I do all my streaming using cell data. Headphones give me stereo sound, so I'm good. I figure, if I ever have to move from here, I'll be homeless, so the less stuff the better.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            She is still on Twitter.

I always wanted to ask what is MKII in the title of this thread? Because every time I see it, it reminds me to Mortal Kombat. I know the Cantina can be a dangeruous place, but I hope not that much!
            I don’t get over to Twitter much.

As for the MKII reference and jel feel free to chime in here to correct me if I’m wrong, which I know he will I shouldn’t have to invite him lol. Anyway, the original Cantina thread got so large it was in danger of causing instability of that thread and forum in general so another new 2nd gen thread was opened. The MKII was used to reference the BSG Mark II ship. Because there has always been references to various ships represented for the Cantina like the original Cantina was actually the Tardis. The Cantina is mostly harmless, just some fun slapstick type comedy here.

https://youtu.be/UYizvrnqs5E
            Last edited by squirrely1; 29 April 2020, 12:58 AM.
            Originally posted by jelgate
            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

*Slaps SQ with a wet FISH*
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

SQ is a wet fish. At least she smells like bone
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Even I will not touch that Jel
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                    I miss PH!
                    She can still see you!

Just give it a good wave.

Also, she's been busy, creating some awesome foam props.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                      I don’t get over to Twitter much.

As for the MKII reference and jel feel free to chime in here to correct me if I’m wrong, which I know he will I shouldn’t have to invite him lol. Anyway, the original Cantina thread got so large it was in danger of causing instability of that thread and forum in general so another new 2nd gen thread was opened. The MKII was used to reference the BSG Mark II ship. Because there has always been references to various ships represented for the Cantina like the original Cantina was actually the Tardis. The Cantina is mostly harmless, just some fun slapstick type comedy here.

https://youtu.be/UYizvrnqs5E
                      Correct. Although I think Mapp just chose MKII because it was the second iteration. I don't think it was an explicit BSG reference or anything like that.

The final reply count on the original Cantina thread was 679,861... And yes it was threatening to bring down the whole forum.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hmm...now I'm remembering why it's been so long since I visited.
                        sigpic

Comment

Damn, her memory is coming back. Hit her in the head again!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Correct. Although I think Mapp just chose MKII because it was the second iteration. I don't think it was an explicit BSG reference or anything like that.

The final reply count on the original Cantina thiread was 679,861... And yes it was threatening to bring down the whole forum.
                            Its why the mods feared us old Cantians.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

..The Cantina is mostly harmless...
                              next comment

*Slaps SQ with a wet FISH*
                              Aha...

I have chatted with PH on the SG:C then we have found each other on Twitter. I rarely use that rubbish anyway. So I am aware why she is left, but I still hope she can return one day.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                Damn, her memory is coming back. Hit her in the head again!
                                Slapping with wet fish and hitting folks in the head...this is a dangerous place!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X