Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    Are you referring to Stargate: Genesis? I can't remember if that's the right one or not, but I know that took place in the past...
    Yes thats the one, and I thought it took place during the time of the 4 races

Why? That's what it is as seen from Earth; a giant milky band.
    Yes but just because thats what it looks like to us doesn't mean the Jaffa see it that way, I'm just saying, I think we need a more universal term, especially if the premise of this Sg-1 story revolves so heavily on an alliance.
    [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

so what episodes was Jack O'neill "appear in" or was mention in this "virtual series of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        so what episodes was Jack O'neill "appear in" or was mention in this "virtual series of yours?
        You really want to know every single one? Oh, God... um... off the top of my head:

Season 11:
        11x03 "Shore Leave"

Season 12:
        12x08 "Manifest Destiny"
        12x20 "Shatterpoint" (mention only) (Part 1 of 3)

Season 13:
        13x01 "Inroads, Part 1" (Part 2 of 3)
        13x05 "Five Stories" (in "flashbacks")
        13x09 "Friendly Fire" (Part 2 of 2)
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

around when should the next episode be coming out cause i can't wait

get the rep

Comment

Are you referring to Stargate: Genesis? I can't remember if that's the right one or not, but I know that took place in the past...

Why? That's what it is as seen from Earth; a giant milky band.

Earth is actually on the other side of the galaxy from the current Der'kal holdings, so that seems unlikely for the time being. See (in my very, very rough map):
            Spoiler:
            Cant they just bypass the worlds controlled by the FJN
            sigpic
            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by 95_supra View Post
              around when should the next episode be coming out cause i can't wait

Probably a week, week and a half. I like torturing my fans

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
              Cant they just bypass the worlds controlled by the FJN
              Technically yes, but then they'd have to divide their fleet to police their territory, and why do that when they don't have to? The Der'kal prefer to take their time dealing with the galaxy, especially since they know they have a numerical superiority.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I just came across your tread a couple of days ago and I've already finished reading all that you've posted so far. Seriously your fic is such a joy to read!

Please keep up the great work!
                "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                  I just came across your tread a couple of days ago and I've already finished reading all that you've posted so far. Seriously your fic is such a joy to read!

Please keep up the great work!
                  Thanks, that's always good to hear

Comment

How do manage to keep up with so many stories? I myself am trying to get back on track with mine, but have been hitting some writers blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                      How do manage to keep up with so many stories? I myself am trying to get back on track with mine, but have been hitting some writers blocks.
                      Haha, it gets hard sometimes, I'll admit, but I have a slight edge thanks to my Avalon work. I spent a few months typing up hundreds of story ideas for it, but with that project shelved for now... I have steady supply of stand-alone and plot-oriented episodes that can be easily converted to SG-1 and the Milky Way. It also helps that the Carnak (the Avalon enemy) are somewhat similar to the Der'kal in ideology, so I can mix the episode ideas fairly easily.

And if you're having some writer's block... try thinking out your general arc idea for a bit, then think about how the current episode fits into it. That's usually how I get a better look at things and determine what should be in which episode, and how to implement it.

Comment

Haha, it gets hard sometimes, I'll admit, but I have a slight edge thanks to my Avalon work. I spent a few months typing up hundreds of story ideas for it, but with that project shelved for now... I have steady supply of stand-alone and plot-oriented episodes that can be easily converted to SG-1 and the Milky Way. It also helps that the Carnak (the Avalon enemy) are somewhat similar to the Der'kal in ideology, so I can mix the episode ideas fairly easily.

And if you're having some writer's block... try thinking out your general arc idea for a bit, then think about how the current episode fits into it. That's usually how I get a better look at things and determine what should be in which episode, and how to implement it.
                        Believe me, planning out my own arcs isn't easy. A dedicated thread for my own writings will be up soon, in a similar manner as yours.

On my end, trying to go along with Atlantis, and making it as canon as possible, giving it is still ongoing is one of the hardest obstacles. At least with SG-1 finished, it's easier for you do get your vision right, in that sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                          Believe me, planning out my own arcs isn't easy. A dedicated thread for my own writings will be up soon, in a similar manner as yours.

On my end, trying to go along with Atlantis, and making it as canon as possible, giving it is still ongoing is one of the hardest obstacles. At least with SG-1 finished, it's easier for you do get your vision right, in that sense.
                          I understand completely, trust me. It's partly why, no matter how much I'd like to, I'm shying away from Atlantis-based episodes. I don't want to have to deal with the problems of continuing canon and such.

Comment

Relativity, why not pick up any of the dozen of abandoned fan series, Vista looked promising. Just a thought.

edit: Come on s09119, all this waiting is drivign me nuts.
                            Last edited by Crazy Tom; 03 April 2008, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I know it's extremely early, but I'd just like to say that I have officially begun planning for Season 14! At the moment (in addition to finalizing "Rogues, Part 2"), I'm working on a smooth transition from this season's finale, "Xenocide," into next season's premiere.

And now to dump some things that should get some minds working;

1. China's been awfully quiet of late, hasn't it? It's almost as if they have no territorial ambitions at all, no grand plans to put the West in its place about the stargate. That doesn't seem very like them, now does it?

2. I wonder how the Nox are doing. We've seen the impact of the Der'kal invasion on the Jaffa, but not them... maybe SG-1 will get to see one of their flying cities sometime soon? And, more interestingly, maybe the planet won't be so picturesque this time around.

Comment

s09119 for President!

Comment

Working...
                                X